MAlegend_1

Criminal Mastermind ruined

13 posts in this topic

Me and my team completed the khanjali setup and when loading back into freemode a message popped up on the bottom of my screen saying "Saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services." I check my cm3 progress which is as it should at 26/29 and so is my teammates which don't have that message either. As I'm looking online for a solution to fix this problem I get disconnected and loaded into story mode. I reload GTA online and see a message above my minimap saying "SAVE SUCCESSFUL". I check my progress which is now at 25/29, I go into the planning room of the facility and see that the khanjali setup has not been completed even though I did five minutes ago. My teammates progress though is how it should be at 26/29 and now mine is at 25/29 which means we can't continue otherwise they get reset. This would be a third time of having to restart because of a problem on Rockstar's end. I submitted a ticket and this was their exact response.

Hello MAlegend_1,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar support!

We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your request. We understand that during your game play the mission you were playing did not save. Unfortunately, we can recover the information for you, as it was never save to our system. Also, when crashes or certain errors occur this is similar to connection issues or disconnecting from the server. We will be unable to compensate or restore any of the requested information at this time.

We hope you understand this decision. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future regarding any issue related to our titles.

Best regards,

Brittonni S.
Rockstar Support

Obviously I'm going to try and appeal further because I just can't go through the stress of starting again for a third time.

In my CM3 run, something similar happened when we were watching the ending cutscene of Act 1. I got an error and the game sent me back to single player. The other two were watching the cutscene normally.If i didn't tell them to close the application, their progress would reset because the game would think they completed the mission with 2 players instead of 3.

In your case though, if you are the host you can still complete the CM3 challenge but not your friends.

Edited by sephiroth4424

This trophy is shit, plain and simple. The game is not up to the requirements.

We ran into so many glitches and disconnections and closed app on a number of occasions just to be safe. With your situation I don't know how that could be avoided. We had countless instances of "Saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services." but they always resolved themselves, maybe we were lucky or you were unlucky.

I sympathise with you, especially with how far through you are and I hope you don't have to start over.

Me and my teammates have to played for 8 months to end this shit and we past all of our time and this stupid Rockstar game 😡😡

Since I hate so much Rockstar 🖕

Well that's really unfortunate. Had to restart 2 player run 4 times (didn't mind it much as it was still training grounds) and restarted 3 player run 3 times, one of them halfway through, the other at 28/29. The only setback during 4 players was waiting 4 days when someone became bad sport, well and some invisible enemies one shot glitch killing us on Act3 Finale.

Got the save bug sometimes too, but it went back to normal after waiting a bit.

If you can't stomach getting reset at 28/29 then give up on this stupid trophy cause that's very likely to happen and not just once. Also, more than anything, reliability is what is gonna get you through in the end, if your partners are pussies who will disappear when you get reset for no apparent reason.. well s#it

Edited by DhionatanSantos

Well my friends, after spending almost 40 hours on criminal mastermind 3 alone, me and my team have overcome the odds and finally completed it. After 3 tries of glitching and bullshit disconnecting.

43 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

So you hate an entire video game developer/publisher company because of a single trophy? Damn...

Yes that's Right !

I can't even start the 2P CMM and reach ACT I without the game randomly reseting my progress and my friends progress for absolutely no reason. We do EVERYTHING right, in order, all together on the facility, planing room, hard difficulty, same organization.. I have lost hope in this glitched game and I will only continue after I see another patch and hope they fixed this terrible stuff.

22 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

I can't even start the 2P CMM and reach ACT I without the game randomly reseting my progress and my friends progress for absolutely no reason. We do EVERYTHING right, in order, all together on the facility, planing room, hard difficulty, same organization.. I have lost hope in this glitched game and I will only continue after I see another patch and hope they fixed this terrible stuff.

Do you do the setups in private lobbies? I heard doing them in public lobbies can cause them to randomly reset even if you complete all the requirements.

Once me and my friends started using private lobbies, it never got reset again

11 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Do you do the setups in private lobbies? I heard doing them in public lobbies can cause them to randomly reset even if you complete all the requirements.

Once me and my friends started using private lobbies, it never got reset again

Also tried invite session only for setups and as soon as I completed the first setup in that inv only session = RESET.

So annoying and frustrating, can't even describe it. Believe me the CMM challenge is all glitched.

Posted (edited)

This is one of the reasons why nobody should put these kind of trophies into games.  To many variables could fuck up a run that takes days or even weeks.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

I think your teammate could do the close application trick right at the end of the mission for you. If you get to the end of a heist or setup mission you can do this close application and the progress won't go up only for 1 person.