mjan8935

Last Stand: what time of day where your servers active?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I see a lot of people still getting the trophies for Last Stand DLC so the servers aren't completely dead. I don't think you can select your server directly in the Division and, for the Last Stand, if you wait long enough you get moved to a server with payers.

I am playing in Australia and was able to get into one match after about 10 min of waiting (1 win , 49 to go). I want to speed up the waiting process by using a VPN and go straight to a server that is active.

For those of you that have played recently and regularly:

- which part of the world are you from / playing in?

- what time of day, in your time zone, were you playing?

- approximately how long did it take to get into a match?

Edited by mjan8935
signature

i got all 50 wins in about 4-5 days im from the UK and played at all different times , didnt have a problem getting into a game either if u can choose and EU server with your vpn u should be good bro 

6 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

i got all 50 wins in about 4-5 days im from the UK and played at all different times , didnt have a problem getting into a game either if u can choose and EU server with your vpn u should be good bro 

Thanks for the info. Setting my VPN to Germany seemed to work well. I have been playing at about 9am Germany time on wards and have managed to get into matches within about 5 min.

Asian servers (Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan) at the times I have been playing (approx. 6pm Asia time) are more or less dead. Same with US servers (approx. 4am US time). 

I will try US servers again on the weekend. 

For those interested particularly people from Australia and New Zealand that have smaller populations...

I am using Nord VPN via my PC. My PS4 is hooked up to my PC as outlined in the link below. The motherboard on my PC has two LAN ports. If yours has one you can use wifi or buy an adaptor that has two.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/how-use-vpn-on-ps4-3670694/

When I change a server via Nord VPN I test my connection on my PS4 via Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection. If all good I start the game.

I am also finding it very useful for Overwatch as I am pretty sure you can't change your server on console. If playing on the default Australian server I spend a very long time to get into a quick play match. It is much faster getting into matches via a Singapore Server.

Hi @mjan8935 I've been looking at the link you provided. I know nothing about VPN, how straightforward is this to setup? I'm from UK and struggling to find servers throughout the day. Evening time is OK but because i'm off work at the momoent, would love to take advantage of the time i have during the day. I'm wonderign if using VPN and trying to find other servers is the way to go.I'd appreciate your advice further.

I would say your best chance to do this now will be weekends. I helped my friend finish up the missions last week and we didn't get one person join our session never mind the DLC. I would create a boost session and just keep extending it or set up some sort of Division boosting discord. This trophy was a pain in the ass 2 year ago, I feel your pain trying to do it now

Yeah @SirPigFace (great name btw) thats what i'm finding. Nothign worse than waiting 30 minutes for a match an dthen losing too! Lol. I've created a boosting session here to try and find a few others who are aiming for the trophies but its all a bit quiet. Forgive my ignorance, i've heard of discord but not looked into what it is???!

@liaddroriits relatively easy to set up. I had to play around with network settings on my PC (had to repair connection) but I got it working without too much hastle. 

You're already in the most active area for the division last stand. When I was playing North America was dead pretty much any time of day. I managed to get a few games on the weekend but the bulk was played in Europe. Asia is also dead. So you may not need VPN. 

I found your nightime was most active. When I first started playing the last stand at the end of February I could find games in UK morning time. By the time I finished ( end of March) I only managing to fill up lobbies in UK evening. 

As for waiting for lobbies to fill up...Unfortunately you will spend a lot of time doing this. Hopefully once in match players stay around so you can get multiple in. Yes there were many waits of 20-30 min.

I won about half of my matches I think so there was a lot of time waiting. I was playing my PS3 while waiting in lobbies for last stand.

Re boosting, I was part of a group on discord that tried many times but couldn't get 16 people together to boost. For a game this old I think that will be next to impossible to get that many coordinated. Best bet is legit I think.

If you team up with people you may hurt your chances as if they have low gear score they may be a burden as some players in last stand have ridiculous gear and will wipe the floor with you. 

If you have lower gear focus on getting shd tech and activating boosts. I recommend using combined banshee predator build with assault rifle and smg. The house smg seems to best best gun for this mode of you have it. When I started my gear was terrible but I focused on the above build and was able to help a bit in combat eventually. 

Discord is chatting app specially for gamers. Many of the gaming sessions in PSN link to discord servers that have many gamers on them. Much better to chat than PSN messages and can have more than 8 people for voice. 

It's doable if lobbies are still full but will take a while. Aim for 2-3 wins a day and you should have it in a month or so. If you have a switch or a good tv show to watch it will make the waiting in lobbies easier. With patience it will be possible. Good luck.

Hi everyone !

Who's up to do the Last Stand trophies ?

I'm on the game right now ! It's time consuming to find games but I manage to find some ones.

Add me if you want to join me

PSN ID : jarjarvinc