KuromeIsWaifuJ

Accumulating 99 Total Lives

7 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Information

Now the pain of getting this many lives is over I do actually want to ask: is there some kind of easier way to get this many lives instead of simply replaying a bunch of levels for... 7 and a half hours

I guess I am basically asking "Was my suffering necessary?"

Note: It must be an entirely legitimate way, not by use of an exploit.

Any easy way would include abusing easy lives crates in levels and returning to main menu in order to respawn those crates again with more lives. There are no easy ways without abusing this or the bee spawns. The only "entirely legitimate way" is actually being good at the game and dying as little as possible, but is that suffering necessary when there are plenty of ezpz exploits to do? What would anyone gain from getting a trophy the harder way when it's a lot easier to use cheeses? No clue. Personal achievment, maybe?

17 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Any easy way would include abusing easy lives crates in levels and returning to main menu in order to respawn those crates again with more lives. There are no easy ways without abusing this or the bee spawns. The only "entirely legitimate way" is actually being good at the game and dying as little as possible, but is that suffering necessary when there are plenty of ezpz exploits to do? What would anyone gain from getting a trophy the harder way when it's a lot easier to use cheeses? No clue. Personal achievment, maybe?

Personally Yuri I find it more satisfying and rewarding to get trophies without cheesing. I don't really feel like I "achieved" a trophy if I used an exploit and believe me I remember all the trophies where I've cheesed 😂

For me it's more about having fun in the process of getting the trophy rather than finding the easy way to achieve it.

5 minutes ago, Shiganshina said:

Personally Yuri I find it more satisfying and rewarding to get trophies without cheesing

If that's your case, more power to you. I just feel a bit of pity when people do stuff "the hard way" because they wanna brag about being better. Usually just ends in disappointment because most people absolutely do not care what legitimate strategy others use to gain trophies. It doesn't affect the value of the trophy on psn nor on this website.

14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

If that's your case, more power to you. I just feel a bit of pity when people do stuff "the hard way" because they wanna brag about being better. Usually just ends in disappointment because most people absolutely do not care what legitimate strategy others use to gain trophies. It doesn't affect the value of the trophy on psn nor on this website.

It's not about bragging, it's just a matter of personal satisfaction, but as I said in other posts, everyone is free to play the way they want :)

Just now, Shiganshina said:

It's not about bragging

not to you, but it is to some people

Posted (edited)

I personally like to feel as though i didn't cheat myself or get something a "dirty" way but I know only a select few share that ideal... which is a bit of a fail really but...cheaters will be cheap and no amount of explaining will ever change that, you may as well talk to a block of concrete.

Edited by KuromeIsWaifuJ