Overkill’s The Walking Dead no longer coming to consoles

MidnightDragon

We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately OVERKILL’S THE WALKING DEAD did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised.

I'd rather have had some familiar series characters like Michonne, Carol, or Daryl to pick from, or even Fear's Alicia, Morgan, etc.  Nope.  That's another big mistake.  They could've set this somewhere during that time jump.

Also I've heard that this TWD game is a little too stealth-reliant.   From what one Steam page reviewer says, human enemies yelling or shooting will jack up the noise meter & give you away to a horde of walkers all too easily.

Sure looks like I didn't miss much.

Wow, and i thought the fiasco with the latest telltale walking dead game was scummy. This will literally one up it in the end once the inevitable news about starbreeze/overkill closing down starts to get finalized. Btw, mattmcmuscles did a great video on this game(cant link it now since im on vita) and after watching that it didn't surprise me one bit that this cancellation happened.

18 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Not surprising but hopefully their new game GTFO delivers, I've been wanting another co op zombie shooter for quite some time now.

Just to let you know, that's by a totally different studio started by one of the brothers who originally started Overkill. I agree though, I hope it's good too!

• Like 2