How to get Best DPS

I am still new to the game (couple of days and have just barely bought Hitch for the first time) and I do not have much experience with this type of gaming genre. I do not like any other gaming communities to be honest, so I try to do all my research, questions, trophy help, etc. here on PSNP. I know the game gives guidance as to which hero should go where and it looks like specializations might change that as well, but are there any set-up hero formations that are absolute. I try to follow the guidance the game gives or move one character around at time after I have five or more to find the best DPS I can but looking to take the trial and error out of the equation. I know their are other heroes besides the traditional starting dozen and I have two (Hitch instead of Delina, and Farideh. I do not use Farideh as she seems weaker then Minsc and there is a trophy tied to Minsc specifically) and know that the heroes from the events are better and to get my hands on them as early as possible. Heroes to the right are better then heroes to left correct? So if a Lv 10 Bruenor and a Lv 10 Arkham were fighting and had no gear at all, Arkham would do more DPS, correct?

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

Focus on Gold production ( Increase Torn)

Reset when you hit a wall (use any Chest or offline gold scrolls at this point)

Dont use Torn or other on blessing unless it cost 1 percent of the total you have.

If you get message, are you sure you want to spend...back out. You will not get this message if it is less than 10 percent of collected torn used.

I haven't used any Blessings yet. I have just shy of 4k in Torm and 900 in Kelemvor. Only gold favor I see under Torm is in Tier 3 "Less Distracted - Distractions drop 25% more gold over all campaigns." Kelemvor has a gold favor in Tier 1, "Golden Riches - Increases all gold found by 20%" but it doesn't say across all campaigns like Torm.

What is an offline gold scroll? Only think I have gotten from offline is a one time offline earned this much gold. Can't remember if my PS4 was in stand by or off completely. Nor how long I was gone. Does any of this matter?

I have 3 small chests, 17 small bounty contracts and 1 medium. I got most of that from the free package as a PS+ Member.

On 2/27/2019 at 0:03 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I haven't used any Blessings yet. I have just shy of 4k in Torm and 900 in Kelemvor. Only gold favor I see under Torm is in Tier 3 "Less Distracted - Distractions drop 25% more gold over all campaigns." Kelemvor has a gold favor in Tier 1, "Golden Riches - Increases all gold found by 20%" but it doesn't say across all campaigns like Torm.

What is an offline gold scroll? Only think I have gotten from offline is a one time offline earned this much gold. Can't remember if my PS4 was in stand by or off completely. Nor how long I was gone. Does any of this matter?

I have 3 small chests, 17 small bounty contracts and 1 medium. I got most of that from the free package as a PS+ Member.

The more unspent favor (in your case Torm) the more +% gold find you get. The recommendation is not spend more than 10% of your favor at a time because it will lower your +% gold find multiplier more than you have gained from the blessing.

The offline gold scrolls come from chests. They give gold equivalent to you just turning the game off and coming back in X amount of minutes. The recommendation is to do it at the end of your adventure before a reset because that is when you are earning the largest amount of gold. 

Your other question: if a Lv 10 Bruenor and a Lv 10 Arkham were fighting and had no gear at all, Arkham would do more DPS, correct?

Hypothetically you are correct if your Bruenor was actually Lv 10 but that would be stupid to keep him at Lv 10. In reality your Bruenor is going to be way higher leveled before you can afford Arkham. Bruenor buffs will be granting a huge amount of DPS to your group so therefore he most likely more valuable than a Lvl 10 Arkham. You don't want to assume you can just replace the champion furthest to the left with someone on the right when you run out of space. You need to read the buffs.

You can test swap outs and positions by monitoring your DPS meter. You will see how quickly you made a wrong decision :) Just reverse the decision. It doesn't cost anything.

Edited by Frozen_Guardian
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

The more unspent favor (in your case Torm) the more +% gold find you get. The recommendation is not spend more than 10% of your favor at a time because it will lower your +% gold find multiplier more than you have gained from the blessing.

The offline gold scrolls come from chests. They give gold equivalent to you just turning the game off and coming back in X amount of minutes. The recommendation is to do it at the end of your adventure before a reset because that is when you are earning the largest amount of gold. 

Your other question: if a Lv 10 Bruenor and a Lv 10 Arkham were fighting and had no gear at all, Arkham would do more DPS, correct?

Hypothetically you are correct if your Bruenor was actually Lv 10 but that would be stupid to keep him at Lv 10. In reality your Bruenor is going to be way higher leveled before you can afford Arkham. Bruenor buffs will be granting a huge amount of DPS to your group so therefore he most likely more valuable than a Lvl 10 Arkham. You don't want to assume you can just replace the champion furthest to the left with someone on the right when you run out of space. You need to read the buffs.

You can test swap outs and positions by monitoring your DPS meter. You will see how quickly you made a wrong decision :) Just reverse the decision. It doesn't cost anything.

Thanks. Slowly getting the hang of it. Got the two heroes from this weekend's event. Making my way up there as I really see the difference in having more favor to earn more gold. Some of the blessings specifically say across all campaigns. So the ones that do not, it only applies to the campaign that favor comes from, yes?

On 3/3/2019 at 8:30 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Thanks. Slowly getting the hang of it. Got the two heroes from this weekend's event. Making my way up there as I really see the difference in having more favor to earn more gold. Some of the blessings specifically say across all campaigns. So the ones that do not, it only applies to the campaign that favor comes from, yes?

Correct. Each favor has a blessing at the bottom of each tier that impacts all campaigns. You can combine the x2 buff across Helm, Kelemvor, and Torm to get a x6 damage boost to the events. Otherwise you are sort of relying on your gear to carry you in events.

22 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

Correct. Each favor has a blessing at the bottom of each tier that impacts all campaigns. You can combine the x2 buff across Helm, Kelemvor, and Torm to get a x6 damage boost to the events. Otherwise you are sort of relying on your gear to carry you in events.

Hey, appreciate the help. Finally got past level 100 a few days ago. Doing ok in the Torm campaign but it is tricky to get my footing in the special event and racking up enough favor to get the gold to go further to get the good prizes.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I mostly focus on Birdsong and getting her the highest damage possible. Towards the end of the game (Platinum Trophy) I was doing 110e damage for Torm. I know that the best DPS character is supposed to be Black Viper, but you need to thousands and thousands of red gems. I finished the game and only had about 3k So, I focused on Birdsong instead. Anyone able to get a higher damage than 110e? If so, what was your damage and what formation did you use?

• 5 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 11:44 PM, Wavergray said:

Just wanted to say thanks as well.  I've had this on the backburner the last 5-6 months, checking in occasionally, and I couldn't come close to 250.  Once I used this link for Torn formations, I got my remaining trophies in 2-3 minutes.