Duplication Glitch

MrTacoNinja

This method is ridiculously simple and I can personally confirm that it works (as of patch 1.03). Before I describe the steps, however, take note that I am NOT the one who discovered this method. I simply read about it over on GameFAQs and am just relaying the info.

Step 1: Find a Caravan Driver (one can be found at the very first village you arrive at and it acts as your weapons/items stash).

Step 2: Keep the item(s) you want to dupe in your character inventory.

Step 3: Save the game.

Step 4: Click on to the Caravan Driver to interact and take the item(s) you wish to dupe and put them in the Transfer Area. This is important so make sure to put them in that specific category, NOT the Storage Area. 

Step 5: Exit the Caravan.

Step 6: Press your psbutton.png button, click on your Options button and than click on Close Application.

Step 7: Start your game back up and when you're in control of your character go in to your Character Window (click right on touch pad to access it). You'll notice that the item(s) you selected to put into the Caravan are now back in your inventory. Click on the Caravan Driver and you'll ALSO notice that the same exact item(s) is/are in there as well! Duplication successful! happydance.gif

You can do this over and over again and duplicate the same item(s) as much as you want. I love exploits like this, lol! Lets hope it never gets patched.

* Just take note that there will be times when the item(s) doesn't save in your Caravan save file (Caravan save file and game save file are two different files so that's why this exploit works) because this game is a horrendously buggy piece of shit so if this happens just exit to the game's main menu and go back into the game.

** I think I figured out why it doesn't always save. The more I progressed the more I noticed things weren't saving so how I remedied this was by waiting a few seconds after transferring my items to allow the game more time to save. I noticed that when I started doing this the exploit was functioning as it should.
Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, zomba666 said:

hello,

not working with the latest patch (1.07)

Damn. They patched it then? Fuckers. Best I can tell anyone now is to buy the disc and reject the patches. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Damn. They patched it then? Fuckers. Best I can tell anyone now is to buy the disc and reject the patches. 

that's a shame, because the game is currently on sale in the german store for 10,99...  :(

about the disc: if i remember correctly Titan Quest was _heavily_ glitched and unstable in its initial release and has been patched (mostly) for the better until then, so i guess you're doing yourself no favor if you try to play the vanilla version, unfortunately.

does anyone know by any chance how exactly this has been patched? i mean as long as there are two different saves for profile/stash and the individual characters it should always be possible to self-dupe by just backup/restore-ing one of those two saves.

Either zomba666 did it wrong or they patched it. I doubt he did it wrong though because I made the instructions easy to follow so I guess the devs got wind of the exploit and patched it instead of focusing on issues that were much more important, like making this piece of shit game playable.

21 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Either zomba666 did it wrong or they patched it. I doubt he did it wrong though because I made the instructions easy to follow so I guess the devs got wind of the exploit and patched it instead of focusing on issues that were much more important, like making this piece of shit game playable.

found this in the most recent patch notes (https://thqnordic.com/node/299)

Basically a bug you even mentioned in your original post:

Fixed bugs:

The Transfer Stash (Caravan) was not always saved

I'm willing to bet that their "fix" for this is more reliable or even instant saving of your inventory AND caravan stash as soon as you make any changes to it. Which would mean that your player inventory and caravan inventory are basically "tied" together now and quitting at the right moment isn't enough anymore.

I'm also willing to bet (a bit less tho :P) that it will still work if you backup BOTH your saves to the cloud or USB, then transfer all your stuff to the Caravan and after it saves ONLY transfer back your player save.

This way your player inventory will be reset and the duped stuff is still in the caravan. Like i mentioned, it works for almost any game that handles stuff like this in separate save files. I guess that's also a reason why many games that wanna prevent this rather use one big save file (like Diablo 3 or Victor Vran for example), so they're always tied together.

If anyone tries this, please let us know ;)

UPDATE: @MrTacoNinja

I bought the game digitally in the current sale and can confirm that the method in the OP does NOT work anymore in the current patch. As suspected they didn't really patch the exploit per se, but in fact just save the player AND caravan save more reliably and immediately together now.

So to dupe in the current patch you have to do the following steps:

1. Upload your Player save to PS+ Cloud or USB (you can also upload both or even all saves, doesn't matter).
  2. Load your game and transfer everything you want to dupe to your Caravan stash.
  3. Quit out the transfer screen and make sure the game has been saved (if in doubt, save manually).
  4. Download ONLY the Player save back from the Cloud or USB (from step #1) to get your player inventory back.
  5. You now have your items in your player inventory and also in the caravan.

Edited by dernop
updated dupe method
  • Like 1