DLC Confirmed for KH3

DEI2EK

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Really? What constitutes a "proper" sequel then? If only numbered entries count as "proper" sequels, there hasn't been a "proper" Assassin's Creed game since 4, and fans have been waiting 6 years for a "proper" sequel. Guess we're still waiting on the "proper" sequel to Batman Arkham Asylum too. It's been 10 years, and they've apparently only released spinoffs since then.

There also wasn't 14 years between KH games. They continued the story through other games, and had many proper sequels. They just didn't number them. It also makes perfect sense to put games on newer systems instead of old ones. It would have made no sense to keep putting games on the PS2, and instead they opted to go for handhelds, because handhelds were doing far better than consoles, and were easier to develop for. Especially when talking about the PS3. Also, it wasn't on 10 systems. It was on the PS2, then the DS, then the PSP, and then 3DS. Because that was the progression of consoles. They also put every game on PS3 and then the PS4 in the years leading to KH3. Which is another reason that development on 3 was rushed. Since 3D came out in 2012 (only a year before KH3 was announced), they had to remake the first game from the ground up because they lost the source code a long time ago, remade models and textures for some games, created movies for the DS games, and put them out on PS3, and then improved them and put them out on PS3. They also created an entirely new small game with 0.2, an entirely new movie with Back Cover, and had to rework a lot of 3D to work on PS4. They essentially made and released 5 remasters, a new game, 3 new CG movies, and an entirely new game in 6 years. That's a ridiculous amount of work that all came out very quickly. As for the story, it's not surprising you don't understand it. You're obviously not very bright.

again, development wasnt rushed. kh3 is what it is because it has an identity crisis just like FF15 has. and because instead of explaining everything in numbered entries they decided it was a good idea? to release “sequels” on the gba, mobile phone, the psp and the nintendo ds/3ds. from a business point of view it makes sense, milk as wide an audience as possible. from a consumers point of view, its absolutely absurd. why should i go out and invest in 5 different devices so i can “follow” the story that supposedly makes sense and that i apparently dont understand as you put it?

of course, now, its a moot point as you can just buy the ps4 versions but my point still stands. 

also i dont care if they lost their source code or not. you cant have everything in the world so they decided it was more important to prioritize making ports instead of working on a full fledged sequel for kingdom hearts 2. 

look, my point is. people dont want to be dicked around and look like a fool. they want a sequel to their favorite games, not 5 different devices and 5 different spin offs (one more if you count the ios game) trying to follow a story that is already confusing as is. waiting 14 years for a continuation is being dicked around. call your spin offs whatever you want, theyre not sequels.

also petty insults such as calling me “not very bright” makes me think youre not very old. when you get older and you mature a bit more, youll understand.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:29 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

No, Sephiroth... go away.  Twice is enough for that guy, let someone else be a fight instead.  I mean, there's honestly not much else they can do with Sephiroth if he uses the same moveset yet again, cause it will just feel like a repeat of the KH2 fight against him.

But hey, if they were to change him up and all that, then sure, another boss fight against Sephiroth should be fine... I guess.

But I wouldn't mind an extra world or two to explore if that's the case.  Or any Data fights again, or anything along those lines.  So long as it's fresh.  Give me new Heartless or Nobody optional bosses.

I'd like it if the moves from FFVII Advent Children were added. There could also be 2 fights back-to-back where Seph changes into a different form, like during the boss fight in FFVII.

New worlds is definitely something that's on my wishlist too. Especially the following worlds were added: Radiant Garden, a bigger Twilight Town, Agrabah, Halloween Town, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Robin Hood, or Darkwing Duck. Besides that, It would be great if the Dark Realm, Land of Departure, and Scala ad Caelum segments became full worlds to explore, instead of just short segments.

19 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

There also wasn't 14 years between KH games. They continued the story through other games, and had many proper sequels. They just didn't number them. It also makes perfect sense to put games on newer systems instead of old ones. It would have made no sense to keep putting games on the PS2, and instead they opted to go for handhelds, because handhelds were doing far better than consoles, and were easier to develop for. Especially when talking about the PS3. Also, it wasn't on 10 systems. It was on the PS2, then the DS, then the PSP, and then 3DS. Because that was the progression of consoles. They also put every game on PS3 and then the PS4 in the years leading to KH3. Which is another reason that development on 3 was rushed. Since 3D came out in 2012 (only a year before KH3 was announced), they had to remake the first game from the ground up because they lost the source code a long time ago, remade models and textures for some games, created movies for the DS games, and put them out on PS3, and then improved them and put them out on PS3. They also created an entirely new small game with 0.2, an entirely new movie with Back Cover, and had to rework a lot of 3D to work on PS4. They essentially made and released 5 remasters, a new game, 3 new CG movies, and an entirely new game in 6 years. That's a ridiculous amount of work that all came out very quickly. As for the story, it's not surprising you don't understand it. You're obviously not very bright.

The 2.5 and 2.8 ports were handled by a different team. Also, that last sentence is really unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Does anybody know exactly how many copies were sold? Just curious, I wanna know how high their "expectations" are in terms of sales and what sales number is considered a success. 

this was 3 weeks ago

Total worldwide shipments and digital download sales for Kingdom Hearts III have exceeded five million, Square Enix announced. It is the fastest-selling game in the history of the series.
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-five-million

• Like 1

"Exceeded sales expectations" is not something you commonly hear in the AAA gaming world, especially from Square Enix who seem to have been disappointed in every game they published this decade, in fact it seems like all I've been hearing about is how games that have sold millions and millions of copies and made millions and millions and millions of dollars still "disappointed" publishers and investors because they didn't sell all the copies and didn't make all  the money. Five million is still a lot of units* so fair play to them for actually setting a realistic expectation this time and thus being happy with how the game is doing.

*Yes, I know it released on XBox One and therefore is technically a multiplat game but it's not exactly the type of game that typical XBox players like. I know because I used to be one. 

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd like it if the moves from FFVII Advent Children were added. There could also be 2 fights back-to-back where Seph changes into a different form, like during the boss fight in FFVII.

New worlds is definitely something that's on my wishlist too. Especially the following worlds were added: Radiant Garden, a bigger Twilight Town, Agrabah, Halloween Town, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Robin Hood, or Darkwing Duck. Besides that, It would be great if the Dark Realm, Land of Departure, and Scala ad Caelum segments became full worlds to explore, instead of just short segments.

The 2.5 and 2.8 ports were handled by a different team. Also, that last sentence is really unnecessary.

I'm sure there were some individual people dedicated to just one project, but it was all the same team. There was a change in how the company was structured between 2.5 and 2.8,. So it may look like it was different teams, but they're really the same. They were all made made by what is now known as Square's Business Division 3 and all of the projects were led by the same people.

Also, the person who quoted didn't have to be insulting either, but here we are. I was responding in kind. If you're going to call people out, at least call everyone out. 

4 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

this was 3 weeks ago

Total worldwide shipments and digital download sales for Kingdom Hearts III have exceeded five million, Square Enix announced. It is the fastest-selling game in the history of the series.
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-five-million

Five million already!? Pretty sure Frozen had a big hand in that!

1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Well, seems im gonna wait for the.... king of mouse edition? 1f914.png

Oh my goodness... Nomura said in his exact words that there will be no Final Mix version or season pass. All these rumors about a season pass for this game is just stupid internet dweller rumors.

7 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Oh my goodness... Nomura said in his exact words that there will be no Final Mix version or season pass. All these rumors about a season pass for this game is just stupid internet dweller rumors.

He meant a complete version, it's going to happen, Nomura has no control over it. It takes 2 seconds to bundle all DLC together, or the digital game with all DLC.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

this was 3 weeks ago

I'd say the current numbers are similar. Lots of KH games are on store shelves, so I doubt they've shipped too many more copies. Obviously, they might have sold more digital copies, but as I said earlier, I find that JRPGs don't have strong legs. They fire out of the gate, and then that's it.

The numbers are still solid, though.

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

He meant a complete version, it's going to happen, Nomura has no control over it. It takes 2 seconds to bundle all DLC together, or the digital game with all DLC.

Agreed. And since I didn't buy the game on release, I have no reason to buy it now (like others here). I'll just wait for the physical complete edition (and, probably, will wait until it rots on shelves for a while).

Edited by starcrunch061

14 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Relax my good lass, it was simply a joke.  That said, I'm sure they will still make a bundle of some sort with all the "extra" content.  Square is the one that has the final word in the end.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

25 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Relax my good lass, it was simply a joke.  That said, I'm sure they will still make a bundle of some sort with all the "extra" content.  Square is the one that has the final word in the end.

Oh okay. Sorry about that. I sometimes get a bit antsy when people say that a Final Mix is coming to KH3 and I remind them that they need to reread the news again before listening to random internet rumors.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, LepreCon91 said:

"Exceeded sales expectations" is not something you commonly hear in the AAA gaming world, it seems like all I've been hearing about is how games that have sold millions and millions of copies and made millions and millions and millions of dollars still "disapponted" publishers and investors because they didn't sell all the copies and didn't make all  the money. Five million is still a lot of units* so fair play to them for setting a realistic expectation and thus being happy with how the game is doing.

Japan plays by different rules. The Tales of games are considered a massive success and rarely break a couple million. Things are just structured differently there, thankfully lol. Most companies make and publish their own games which definitely helps alleviate some of the pressure. Pretty sure that's why their games actually work at launch too. No heavy handed publisher enforcing strict ship by dates.

Edited by KingGuy420