Who is your favorite PlayStation Mascot? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Hey folks! @ChernobylNinja and I run a podcast titled, "Plat Cast", where talk trophy hunting shop and often ask you all questions to read your answers on air! 

This week we thought we would ask:

"Who is your favorite PlayStation mascot/character? Which character or property represents Sony and PlayStation to you and why?"

Thanks gang! Looking forward to your answers on this one! 

• Like 3

While there's quite a few, I'd say Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series. I joined the Sony console mob late in the piece and I'm glad I did simply for this series.

It has become my co-favourite series of all time (along with Metroid).

The story telling, the gameplay, the music, the entire cast of characters are nothing short of amazing. The character relationships are at a level where I feel like they're actual people with actual lives that I actually care about. Uncharted does that in a way that I've never quite experienced before and so Drake gets my PS rep award.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, falconkicks said:

I guess I'd say the hunter from Bloodborne. 

Id go Bloodborne doll but for some reason Bloodborne doesn't feel mascot.  I used to think Spyro and Crash but now they are cross console so I guess I would go with Nathan drake.  Sony's characters seem so weird when calling them mascots compared to Nintendo with Mario and Xbox with Master Chief.

• Like 1

I'd say either Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, or Sly Cooper would be the ideal choice. They all have the same witty or funny attitude and have the asthetics. It's also hard to imagine Nathan Drake, Kratos, or Ellie because they look too realistic and are really violent characters IMO. Not exactly what I imagine being a mascot for a younger audience.

• Like 1

This absolute unit.

17-09-05-04-22_0_large_knack.jpg

But seriously, Nathan Drake is the best. How can you not love him?

P.S. isn't it pretty neat how Spider-Man is technically a PS mascot now?

P.P.S We NEED a new PlayStation Character commercial like this one with this new wave of mascots.

Edited by Crazy
  • Like 1

So many great Playstation mascots from my childhood have gone multiplatform so it seems like I kind of have to dig for an answer. Twenty years ago I would have easily said Solid Snake or Cloud but current day would probably be Nathan Drake as even Crash and Spyro are on the Xbox now.

Hi @Bushido7745785, what a neat idea for a podcast! I'm wondering where I can find any previous entries of it, it'd be nice to hear about it.

Back on topic now! Although not being quite the mascot nor having any sort of exclusivity on the console itself in recent days, I'd say that the character that represents PlayStation the most, for me, it's definitely HER.

lara-croft-tomb-raider.jpg?itok=hipDdwWm

Lara Croft, the iconic main character of Tomb Raider, is my favourite ever PlayStation mascot. The series itself, Tomb Raider, was an action-adventure with a huge focus on puzzle-solving, with Lara exploring ancient tombs and dealing with lost civilizations. It was pioneeristic back in the days and worldwide famous, mostly thanks to its protagonist and her charisma (and yes, quite unfortunately also thanks to her more than generous cleavage...) and, although having lost a lot of what really made her character a ture PlayStation icon, I still believe that Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are still recognized as ones of the most famous 90's PlayStation mascot.

Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot would definitely be my 2nd choice, and it's not a coincidence that Nathan Drake it's deservedly recognized as today's PlayStation mascot.