S - Rank Claire A

phoenix_shade

So I 'm in the middle of my first attempt at an S rank with Claire - A. I just got to the sewer room where you put the chess pieces and im at about 1 hour 35 minutes.

I thought I was doing pretty good until I looked online and all the git gooders say it should be easy to beat the whole thing in one hour ten!

I'm doing it without the help of a guide, but my question is... how screwed am I here?

Just under 2 hours left here should be ok,no? Although I'm dreading the place with the 3 blob monsters as I used most of my fire ammo on the first G boss lol

Thanks and wish me luck!

Edited by phoenix_shade

37 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

So I 'm in the middle of my first attempt at an S rank with Claire - A. I just got to the sewer room where you put the chess pieces and im at about 1 hour 35 minutes.

I thought I was doing pretty good until I looked online and all the git gooders say it should be easy to beat the whole thing in one hour ten!

I'm doing it without the help of a guide, but my question is... how screwed am I here?

Just under 2 hours left here should be ok,no? Although I'm dreading the place with the 3 blob monsters as I used most of my fire ammo on the first G boss lol

Thanks and wish me luck!

You should easily make the time still. And for the G monsters, just shoot them with the handgun and run past ad they spring out the water. 

If you try and just run past they will grab you every time almost.

You're fine, especially if you're using a guide. Between the chess pieces and ultimately getting out of the sewers, it took me about 10 min of time, and I was at that hour and a half mark. My wife decided to watch me play afterwards, so branched the save file off to go through the next area, where I did some unnecessary back tracking AND would hit continue straight after dying a couple times instead of quitting and reloading (instead of doing short spurts of ideal runs because I didn't want to bore her with seeing the same segments over and over again), and despite all that against me, still took only an hour for a surprising finish of 2:30. So yes, you're more than on track to beating the game under 3:30.

Edited by KyonKuchiki

It is really easy, you got 2 hours left to finish the fastest pars of the game since NEST is only about 20-30 minutes. I got S rank on hardcore with both Leon & Claire & had the same time as you did, maybe a little less by the time I got there & still finished both with just a little over 2 hours. You have so much time left so don't even worry about it

17 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

On Claire A..

I've reached the conclusion of the chess piece puzzle (I've popped the door open and then saved my game) in 2hrs 6mins. Can still make S Rank from here?

If this is on standard your good to go you still have 1 hour left be quick but if its on hardcore no your not