Am i the only who don't like this game?

In2umniaKillH3r

I was reluctant to post this because I know I'll be attacked by fans but I think this game is disappointing, especially after this long of a wait.
The story is complete nonsense, mumbo jumbo, even more, if you haven't played all the spinoff games like me. I don't even know who the hell are half the characters, even after watching the 20-30 minutes recap. Most of the characters are unlikable and too generic.

Yesterday, I've finished the last Disney level and now I'm forcing myself to finish the game, as a trophy hunter, the easy platinum can't even convince me to go for it.

The Gummi ship parts are bland, boring and tedious, just like the mini-games. The 2 seconds cooking games are more fun than them.

The only redeeming part of this game is the combat but it's not enough to keep me want to play.

• Like 4

Honest question; do you THINK you are the only one who doesn't like this game?

EDIT: Sorry to be a bit snippy, but yes, there are a good chunk of people that have expressed their dislike of this game, and while I have seen arguments, I haven't seen anyone being ATTACKED.

Edited by RedRodriguez87

He's right about Winnie the Pooh.  I thought it was optional, though?  But yea, it had no point.  It felt chucked in just to have a Winnie the Pooh level.  And that was very disappointing because I loved the Winnie the Pooh levels in the older games.  They were a nice break from everything.

• Like 1

Well personally I've never been so slow to finish a game like this before, I played one world a day. The thought of starting the next one after completing one was just too exhausting, so I took it really slow to not get worn out. I'm not sure why I had this effect on me from this game.

Spoilers ahead if you haven't beaten the game, pretty funny lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I do find the whole "I didn't play the other games and can't follow the story therefore the story is crap" mindset. It's like watching the last episode of Breaking Bad and saying "This was crap, it never explained why this guy was sick and where'd all that money come from? There was no character development for this generic sick guy. Worst story writing ever"

People with that mindset are the reason we have to see Uncle Ben die over and over again >.<

"But, but, but, but, but, but, but... I played Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2! I should TOTALLY understand this mess of a story! THIS GAME IS TRASH AND INCOMPLETE!"

• Like 3

Glad others had the same thoughts as me. I really wanted to like this game and I am pushing through for the Platinum but it is a real effort to boot it up and play, more so, than I think any game I have played before. All the way through the story I was playing through wrinkled brow confused as to what exactly was going on. Got quite a few trophies left but I think I am finally on the last lap and after this experience I will never play another Kingdom Hearts game.

• Like 1

i‘m so disappointed with this game. don’t get me wrong, it looks really good, the gameplay is good, overall everything LOOKS good. but it feels so incomplete, especially to KH2. 

the worlds are huge but they feel so empty. twilight town and san frantokyo has only 2 passages instead of the whole town. in two worlds you literally replay the movie (tangled, frozen).

you can clearly see that disney had a huge influence on square this time.

only the boss fights at the end felt like a true kingdom hearts game. the colosseum and the mushroom challanges are missing. same for the puzzles, 0 final fantasy characters. you can see that this game is made for new fans of the series.

to the story: it was ok. beginning was cool, middle part was totally boring imo, the end was pretty cool. but I hoped for so much more.

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 1

It is my first KH game and I go to say... i expected more.

Some friends wanted me to play the game since they love it but honestly, the game is nothing special. A shit ton of cutscenes, weird combat, some attack animation make no sense in smaller areas and make the camera having a stroke, the story is seriously for 10 years old - yeah love, hearts, friendship is awesome.

I will get the plat, since I think the game is playable but after the hype this series is getting I am really disappointed with what I got.

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The people who defend the story in these games are in serious denial. "Just play the 20 spin-off games and it'll all make sense!" they say. Nostalgia is a powerful thing... I know this thread was mostly aimed at people who've played the game, but personally, I think the it looks ridiculous and it amuses me to see the cringey mega fans act like it's the greatest thing humanity has ever created. :P I've seen the more level-headed fans bring up legit criticism about the game, but of course the more radical fans brush all of that off and act like it's perfect. You can't reason with these people, but just know there are plenty of others fans who are disappointed in the game. 

I mean the game has flaws but not knowing the story just comes down to laziness mostly when the entire series minus the mobile game is available on one platform now

• Like 2

The problem with KH series is that even a game like KHUX (which is for mobile) has something to do with the story, in the end it's your own choice to how you deal with it, you can play everygame till KH3 to get the hang of the story, you can watch some videos on YouTube explaining the story or you can just play it but don't expect them to explain everything in a game that's suppose to end the Xehanort Saga. 

• Like 3

I was waiting such a long time for Kingdom Hearts III to come out. So, so long. I'm so sad it's so mediocre.

I found myself constantly questioning how it was possible for them to take steps back from the amazing combat and worlds of Kingdom Hearts II. I was bored by the time I reached the Frozen world, and realised that the combat wouldn't really change much past pressing the attack button and then summoning my Disneyland ride to wipe the screen of enemies. I will admit that the Toy Box world brought me great joy, but every other one was just so...uninteresting. It felt like such a slog.

I had such a great time earning the Platinum for the first two games. But this one...not this one. Makes me sad.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Honest question; do you THINK you are the only one who doesn't like this game?

EDIT: Sorry to be a bit snippy, but yes, there are a good chunk of people that have expressed their dislike of this game, and while I have seen arguments, I haven't seen anyone being ATTACKED.

I've looked through the KH3 threads and found nothing about it, so I thought I was in the very low minority and wanted to see who loved or hated it.

NO, I never thought I WAS the only one, it's just a way of talking.

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I do find the whole "I didn't play the other games and can't follow the story therefore the story is crap" mindset weird. It's like watching the last episode of Breaking Bad and saying "This was crap, it never explained why this guy was sick and where'd all that money come from? There was no character development for this generic sick guy. Worst story writing ever"

People with that mindset are the reason we have to see Uncle Ben die over and over again >.<

8 hours ago, Valyrious said:

"But, but, but, but, but, but, but... I played Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2! I should TOTALLY understand this mess of a story! THIS GAME IS TRASH AND INCOMPLETE!"

1 hour ago, Terarded said:

> Skips 85% of one of the most complex stories in gaming history

> Calls the story bad because he can't follow it

Righto. Seems about as logical as skipping from Avengers 1 to Avengers Endgame and being upset you don't know whats going on but whatever.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

You shouldn't have to play spin-offs to understand a main series title story, defeats the purpose of them being spin-offs, you might as well number all of them too if it's so important to the overarching plot.

The story is complete nonsense whether you know all these generic characters or not, that was my point and opinion.
As SnowxSakura said, I shouldn't have to play through 5+ games and 200+ hours of spin-offs to understand the main story.

Difference between Avengers and Kingdom is that Avengers, the majority of people knows who are the superheroes, compared to KH, where no one knows who are these generic characters.

5 hours ago, In2umniaKillH3r said:

I've looked through the KH3 threads and found nothing about it, so I thought I was in the very low minority and wanted to see who loved or hated it.

NO, I never thought I WAS the only one, it's just a way of talking.

The story is complete nonsense whether you know all these generic characters or not, that was my point and opinion.
As SnowxSakura said, I shouldn't have to play through 5+ games and 200+ hours of spin-offs to understand the main story.

Difference between Avengers and Kingdom is that Avengers, the majority of people knows who are the superheroes, compared to KH, where no one knows who are these generic characters.

The problem lies in your comparison. Who the hell is comparing Kingdom Hearts to Marvel characters? No matter how you want to explain yourself, you're wrong.

Whether you find them generic or not is simply an opinion and I won't say you're wrong since you're welcome to your opinion.