Rotation Pool

Xugashi

Something that people tend to give as a piece of advice is to use a ruler to help make shots. When on overhead view (when you're looking at table from the top) you'll see a white transparent like ball that's where you're ball is predicted to hit. Simply make the ruler go through the diameter of that ball and the ball it'll hit (using the point of contact as the middle) and you should have an idea of where the ball you hit will land. Here's an image showing what I mean:

Spoiler

NkZMJA0.png

Something I can tell you is just to keep trying. Something I noticed, especially now that I'm playing Yakuza 3, is that the AI can make mistakes that can help you win. When I was doing the expert rotation pool in Kiwami, on my 8th try, the AI screwed up like 4 shots in a row to the point that I was with something like 40 points and it was still below 5 points. When I missed the AI raised its points to 30 but at that point, it left the last two ball near the holes and I won easily.

22 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Something that people tend to give as a piece of advice is to use a ruler to help make shots. When on overhead view (when you're looking at table from the top) you'll see a white transparent like ball that's where you're ball is predicted to hit. Simply make the ruler go through the diameter of that ball and the ball it'll hit (using the point of contact as the middle) and you should have an idea of where the ball you hit will land. Here's an image showing what I mean:

Reveal hidden contents

NkZMJA0.png

Something I can tell you is just to keep trying. Something I noticed, especially now that I'm playing Yakuza 3, is that the AI can make mistakes that can help you win. When I was doing the expert rotation pool in Kiwami, on my 8th try, the AI screwed up like 4 shots in a row to the point that I was with something like 40 points and it was still below 5 points. When I missed the AI raised its points to 30 but at that point, it left the last two ball near the holes and I won easily.

Dude I got so lucky! The A.I was like waaay ahead of me and me almost losing my mind at how ridiculously one-sided it was I just ended up not caring and shot the ball with full force only for it to ricochet all the high numbered balls leading me to victory! xD Thanks for the advice though!

13 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Dude I got so lucky! The A.I was like waaay ahead of me and me almost losing my mind at how ridiculously one-sided it was I just ended up not caring and shot the ball with full force only for it to ricochet all the high numbered balls leading me to victory! xD Thanks for the advice though!

The gold old rage luck. Happened to me a few times although I usually had the misfortune of the white ball also going to the hole, getting a foul making all those point void. You just go F*** it and go full power at the balls and all you see are the balls shooting from one corner to the next. Still good for you, hope you're good with karaoke next (the bowling and batting are stupidly easier compared to pool and karaoke).

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 0:43 AM, TugaSonic said:

The gold old rage luck. Happened to me a few times although I usually had the misfortune of the white ball also going to the hole, getting a foul making all those point void. You just go F*** it and go full power at the balls and all you see are the balls shooting from one corner to the next. Still good for you, hope you're good with karaoke next (the bowling and batting are stupidly easier compared to pool and karaoke).

The karaoke, bowling and batting was a joke compared to the rotation pool! It's what I dread the most in the Yakuza games, that and Mahjong which I'm currently struggling with because the A.I is, again, cheating like a mofo!!!?

After going through Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2, i do get a sense that either it's a case of patience and persevering or some weird algorithm where the game lets you win/increases luck after a certain amount of time put into each mini-game.

Rotation pool took me hours and when i eventually did it, it felt like I hadn't really improved, just the game gave me a minor window of luck which I was able to leverage to win.

Still adore these games though, can't wait to play 3,4 & 5. As well as 6 which i got on release, then put on hold when i saw the news they'd be bringing the older games out again/to Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

After going through Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2, i do get a sense that either it's a case of patience and persevering or some weird algorithm where the game lets you win/increases luck after a certain amount of time put into each mini-game.

Rotation pool took me hours and when i eventually did it, it felt like I hadn't really improved, just the game gave me a minor window of luck which I was able to leverage to win.

Still adore these games though, can't wait to play 3,4 & 5. As well as 6 which i got on release, then put on hold when i saw the news they'd be bringing the older games out again/to Europe.

Exactly! It's really a matter of whether or not the A.I messes up that you can actually win. I will say though, the fact that they made these mini-games challenging makes the trophies worth getting. I mean it's hard but they are very doable if you're willing to invest time and energy on them.

9 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

What minigame is thsi about? im not following.

It's the Pool minigame (also known as Billiards). You only need to get Combination and Carom Shots for the Minigame Requirements for the Completist Trophy. But to reach EX Rank on Haruka's Request for the Mister Master trophy one of the things required is to beat the Expert Difficulty AI on Rotation Mode (it's the mode where you get points depending on the ball number and first to reach 60 points wins).

https://youtu.be/_jwYBuSL_iE