Wish Studios Closing Down

Maxie_M0us3

Source: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/02/28/wish-studios-is-closing-down-causing-13-people-to-lose-their-jobs/

That’s right, the studio behind “That’s You!” shuts its doors. :( You guys better get the only one online trophy :silver: Friends Without Borders before the servers inevitably shut down in the next few years. You should also do most of the trophies in online mode while you can!

Edited by Max654

32 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

When? The links do not specify a date. What states that the studio is responsible for the servers and not Sony? A lot of PS companies were shut down and their online continued active.

My bad. Nowhere says that the servers will shut down, no specific date. But you know, everything online will shut down at some point in the future, it’s just a matter of time. For instance, when a studio responsable for a game shuts down, it’s usually a sign of servers shutting down soon.

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobby said:

Not surprising.. Sony tryna push this use your mobile shit on your console. Most people wanna play real games, and the board game thing, most people if they play at all, they usually have the physical thing. 

Which is why it blew my mind when I found out that is how system chat works on the Switch. What where they thinking? I am cool with companion apps that show real-time maps and stuff but not really into the other type of experiences. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Will any of the other trophies be affected? Cos most of them can be done in couch co-op anyway. :) 

:silver: Friends Without Borders is the only one online trophy in the game, so all other trophies in That’s You! won’t be affected. Everything can be done with mobile devices and/or Android emulator on a PC.

1 minute ago, Max654 said:

:silver: Friends Without Borders is the only one online trophy in the game, so all other trophies in That’s You! won’t be affected. Everything can be done with mobile devices and/or Android emulator on a PC.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. 

Shit.

I didn't play That's You as it most likely not a type of game I enjoy but I/we really like both Knowledge is Power-games and I actually hoped that there would be a few additional installments (or even better) some expansions for the two exisiting ones. But seems like that hope can be buried now. :(