Thoughts on the trophies?

Banana_Sausage47

4 hours ago, DeathNyx said:

Looks nothing harder than vanilla DoA 5.

Exactly DOA 5 had that time consuming trophy where you have to do 1000 matches which is ridiculous me and a friend had to do that in 2 days but I had already played alot of matches online before he wanted to boost and not to mention you have to complete that dam Survival mode on all courses just need to complete one more left for the plat

4 hours ago, Regenrosen said:

Anyone figured out yet how the "no escape" trophy works? https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8815-dead-or-alive-6/35-no-escape <- that one

• Build up a full break gauge leaving your opponent low on health but not too low.
  • Press forward + :r1:
  • As soon as the first blow hits press :square: (This is why you can't get them too low on health since the first blow will end the fight).
  • Then finish them off with at least a 3 hit combo (I had a 5 hit combo so it can be more).  Easiest to just do the x4 :r1: Combo.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

• Build up a full break gauge leaving your opponent low on health but not too low.
  • As soon as the first blow hits press :square: (This is why you can't get them too low on health since the first blow will end the fight).
  • Then finish them off with at least a 3 hit combo (I had a 5 hit combo so it can be more).  Easiest to just do the x4 :r1: Combo.

So that's how to do it. I'm newb at fighting game so I was about to ask how to do it too, but someone beat me to it.

Then again I'm glad someone explain it how, thank you.

17 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

thanks so much!! just got it thanks to that tip :)

3 hours ago, Adrian1985_ said:

Is this trophy "No Escape"can be done in story mode or in ranked maches only?

I did it in the quest mode, so I guess it can be done in story mode too!

19 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

I think just doing a 3+ hit combo after cancelling a break blow in a match you win is enough. You don't have to finish the opponent with it. I just did the required combo but left the CPU character with a bit of life. Got the trophy anyway after I won the round. 

• Like 1

I can confirm of what is said above is true.

When it comes to the trophies "Rushing it", "Smashing it", "Grabbing it", and "No Escape!" you do not have to finish off and win the match with the action to get the trophy. Simply doing it at any time in a match will suffice as long as you end up winning.

I got all the trophies mentioned above vs the COM in versus.

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 10:27 PM, Shinobi said:

I can confirm of what is said above is true.

When it comes to the trophies "Rushing it", "Smashing it", "Grabbing it", and "No Escape!" you do not have to finish off and win the match with the action to get the trophy. Simply doing it at any time in a match will suffice as long as you end up winning.

I got all the trophies mentioned above vs the COM in versus.

I've also learned it's not even possible to win a round with a Break Hold to prevent people using it for a free finish so the trophies are worded poorly. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2019 at 2:55 AM, zer007uk said:

Who is the easiest for the combo challenges? Those things are always my downfall with fighters 

I did it with NiCO. Her only challenging one was combo #20 where you need to move toward your opponent on the last attack (close hit).

Anyway I think the trophy list is really disappointing. I was hoping for DoA5 or DoA5 Plus in terms of difficulty. Maybe not 1000 matches online but definitely all combo challenges and all difficulties in arcade/time attack/survival modes. It's funny how DoA trophies/achievements are either really hard (DoA4, DoA5, DoA5 Plus) or really easy (DoA5 Ultimate and Last Round and now DoA6).

Edited by Mayadome

2 hours ago, Mayadome said:

I did it with NiCO. Her only challenging one was combo #20 where you need to move toward your opponent on the last attack (close hit).

Anyway I think the trophy list is really disappointing. I was hoping for DoA5 or DoA5 Plus in terms of difficulty. Maybe not 1000 matches online but definitely all combo challenges and all difficulties in arcade/time attack/survival modes. It's funny how DoA trophies/achievements are either really hard (DoA4, DoA5, DoA5 Plus) or really easy (DoA5 Ultimate and Last Round and now DoA6).

Well DoA 6 is definitely harder than the last 2 releases due to the ranked wins trophies but yeah, it's a far cry from the earlier games. I agree that they could have done do much more with this list though instead of a bunch of trophies for fiddling around in the menus. 

I understand the thought that some of the trophies are rather automatic, I'm not sure it would be good for the trophies to be too ridiculous and followed the upper tier titles from the game (Win 20 ranked matches in a row, use character X 3000 times, unlock 1000 titles, etc)

Yes I know winning X ranked matches in a row will be much more manageable with lobbies once Team Ninja implements them, but right now I'm still developing my skill set so winning 5 in a row is still a far off goal while 20 is out of the question. 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:46 AM, Seabound117 said:

I understand the thought that some of the trophies are rather automatic, I'm not sure it would be good for the trophies to be too ridiculous and followed the upper tier titles from the game (Win 20 ranked matches in a row, use character X 3000 times, unlock 1000 titles, etc)

Yes I know winning X ranked matches in a row will be much more manageable with lobbies once Team Ninja implements them, but right now I'm still developing my skill set so winning 5 in a row is still a far off goal while 20 is out of the question. 

Yeah, some of those titles are ridiculous. Don't think anybody would ever get the Platinum if you had to get all of them. 

All combo challenges, 100% story mode and maybe like 50% of the titles would have been fair trophies though. The online trophies are pretty spot on I think. I was ready to be done with it by the time I hit 100 matches since I get easily frustrated when playing fighting games online. 

Edited by Killbomb

On 13/03/2019 at 5:00 AM, Johnathan994 said:

How is the game for the people who have played it? I love this series so I was just wondering :D 

I'm really enjoying it. At first I wasn't too sure about the rush/break system but it's pretty fair and not as over the top as say Tekken 7 or SC6's rage/critical finish attacks. It feels like a very balanced fighting game and an improvement over DoA5. Also I really like NiCO, she's pretty basic and some may say she's a bit bland but I find her really fun to play as and she has a cute personality. The game has a bit of work to do for me to recommend it right now though. No casual lobbies and there are no ranked options at all so you'll be fighting laggy players almost all the time, unless you live in a populated country like the US or Japan. In Australia all my matches are 1 bar unfortunately as no one plays fighting games here except in small communities which is why we need lobbies and not random ranked. Also it's missing a lot of minor things like every character has only one victory animation but they're going to put more in with free game updates. It just feels like they rushed it out and just focused on getting the core fundamentals down such as the fighting. Give it 6 months and it'll be a really solid game I reckon. At least there's lots to do a single player in the interim and I think DOA Quest is a nice extra.

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayadome said:

I'm really enjoying it. At first I wasn't too sure about the rush/break system but it's pretty fair and not as over the top as say Tekken 7 or SC6's rage/critical finish attacks. It feels like a very balanced fighting game and an improvement over DoA5. Also I really like NiCO, she's pretty basic and some may say she's a bit bland but I find her really fun to play as and she has a cute personality. The game has a bit of work to do for me to recommend it right now though. No casual lobbies and there are no ranked options at all so you'll be fighting laggy players almost all the time, unless you live in a populated country like the US or Japan. In Australia all my matches are 1 bar unfortunately as no one plays fighting games here except in small communities which is why we need lobbies and not random ranked. Also it's missing a lot of minor things like every character has only one victory animation but they're going to put more in with free game updates. It just feels like they rushed it out and just focused on getting the core fundamentals down such as the fighting. Give it 6 months and it'll be a really solid game I reckon. At least there's lots to do a single player in the interim and I think DOA Quest is a nice extra.

Thanks for the small review mate :D I'll wait until the summer then and see if it's gotten better :D

• 6 months later...