PS3 online features shutting down in May 2019? EDIT: Turns out it's "utter bollocks" as the pic is fake.

TimeBreaker45

Really hoping this is fake. 

I got too many games to play on my PS3. I  I will never be able to do them all before May 2019

I am obviously aware eventually this will happen, but would hope they would announce it way in advance (like a year or so, so we can buy/download all that we need to) and secondly not before the PS5...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skateak said:

Might be individual games but there is absolutely 0% chance of the PS3 servers as a whole being shut down anytime soon.

Really hope you are right

In any case i will double down on doing PS3 games until May just in case. Just finished Killzone HD, will chain to Killzone 2. I am not worrying too much about trophies on this game as servers are shut down and even if they where not, the trophies where ridiculous anyway, was not gonna do them. I will just play the game regulary and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

I don't know, maybe stuff is different in [insert region here], but if I saw ANYTHING from ANY company that starts with <ATTENTION> I would already know it's fake. Typical fake Apple or PayPal email bullshit that only the most amateur of conjobs use. 

Source: The 5-10 emails of that nature I receive every day.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Katt said:

Nah, fake as hell.

That "Atencion" is missing an accent mark. "Atención" is the correct word. An announcement like that wouldn't have such stupid spelling mistakes. Probably someone bored modified the source code, added that line and took the photo. A really bad photo by the way. Also, these announcements are done with much anticipation.

Edit: here, this is the original web page:

Hide contents

fb9WH7a.png

https://www.playstation.com/es-cl/explore/ps3/

Let me guess, someone temporarily rewrote this webpage for themselves through the use of the “Inspect Element” browser feature? How did I not see this coming... :facepalm:

MY ORIGINAL POST (LEFT TOO LATE):

I’ve got a fistful of games on my lengthy “must play” list, most of which are PS3 titles. Crossing my fingers that this is just a troll stirring the pot, though I cannot confirm if it’s fake or not due to the image itself (very likely taken poorly on camera and from a Spanish webpage on purpose). Yet to find out the legitimacy, but if true, that’s a pretty disgusting move on Sony’s behalf for an early April Fools joke.

It’s unlikely PS3 servers would shut down anytime soon because PS Now is also keeping it alive with allowing you to access PS3 games to play including the multiplayer portion if the servers are still active. So I don’t see PS3 going down for a few more years or at least until PS Now becomes like Xbox Games Pass where you can play certain new releases too. So yeah I am sure it will be fine.