Konami 50th Anniversary Collection

DarkLordSHTR

There were two Castlevania games released in arcades (at least two that we saw in the U.S.).  One was called "Haunted Castle" and the other one was "Vs. Castlevania"

I personally am hoping for at least four games to be on the list.  Track and Field, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Scramble, and Super Cobra.  I have very fond memories of those games, especially the first two.

Sounds potentially great, I really miss all those retro compilations we had in the ps2 days. I remember a lot of people complaining about said compilations due to resolution issues & other things but my 2D-starved self at the time didn't give two fucks about that. I'm thinking there'll probably be some classic shmup action in this comp & if that's the case I'll be picking this up without hesitation!

*edit* just noticed the '1 out of 20' comment & had a bit of a laugh. I think that might be more Namco spec, at least the Konami msx compilations on ps1 had a good 10 games each meanwhile I revisited that Namco comp on the ps3 recently & those fucks were too stingy to even include Rolling Thunder.

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, locutus442 said:

There were two Castlevania games released in arcades (at least two that we saw in the U.S.).  One was called "Haunted Castle" and the other one was "Vs. Castlevania"

They probably don't even remember they exist. Vs. Castlevania is simply Castlevania, the NES game, with higher difficulty.

They also made Castlevania: The Arcade which was a rail-shooter.

22 hours ago, readytofuky said:

*edit* just noticed the '1 out of 20' comment & had a bit of a laugh. I think that might be more Namco spec, at least the Konami msx compilations on ps1 had a good 10 games each meanwhile I revisited that Namco comp on the ps3 recently & those fucks were too stingy to even include Rolling Thunder.

I... didn't get the joke...

Edited by Lance_87

24 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They probably don't even remember they exist. Vs. Castlevania is simply Castlevania, the NES game, with higher difficulty.

They also made Castlevania: The Arcade which was a rail-shooter.

I know they exist, but the rail shooter one will likely not be included, and haunted castle is already on psn as an arcade archives.

Not to mention a lot of konami's biggest arcade titles were licensed products, so count out ones like TMNT, the Simpson's, xmen.

can probably count out all of their light gun games really

On 3/2/2019 at 7:34 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Too bad it's an arcade compilation, would love to see a castlevania one from them, or some of their 16 bit console beat em ups

I do agree there will be some gems missing, but a lot of their console games originated from arcade cabinets like Gradius, Contra and Rush 'n Attack which are even better. They also have some of the most iconic 4-player beat-em ups of all time with TMNT, The Simpsons and The X-Men.

They also could just make a dud of a collection because, well, it's Konami. ? We'll see I guess.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, readytofuky said:

It was a real sin for Namco to not include Rolling Thunder & its sequel in that one. Same goes for Pac-Mania & Galaga '88 (I don't care for original Galaga). 

They brought Rolling Thunder 1 & 2 out in that NM compilation for the Switch. Where is our PS4 version, Namco?

I'd like to get Lethal Enforcers 3 in that Konami compilation, but I doubt they'll do it.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2019 at 1:59 PM, NekoRave said:

Never forget the namco collection that spelled NAMCO and each was sold separately.

I've personally spent maybe $100 or more on the same Galaga, Pacman, and Dig dug games they include in many small collections.

Not to mention the Pacman collection for just Pacman.

Luckily Konami is too lazy for this.

More old 2D ips on ps4 for replayability the better ;)

Hah yeah I was thinking about that ps1 set, so stingy! I wish there were more than just the four individual games with platinums on ps4, those were great to do. Agree with more 2D on ps4, more classic stuff would be nice to balance out the modern flash game looking stuff (some of which is admittedly alright). Thankfully the over the top price of all those Hamster published Arcade Archives titles on ps4 will make just about any compilation seem like good value so bring it on I say!

On 03/03/2019 at 9:57 AM, Lance_87 said:

Was just chuckling a bit over how miserly retro compilations have been throughout generations. I remember paying 80 bucks for 'tecmo hit parade' on ps2 & it had a whopping 8 or so games. Before that there was the set of Namco compilations on ps1 mentioned above that made budgets bleed. Finally there are many with multiple volumes & it certainly couldn't have been due to lack of space on the disc. I'd bet they're released like this 'cause they know people like me will just buy them anyway. I'm interested in just about any re release of old 2D stuff especially arcade titles.

54 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

It was a real sin for Namco to not include Rolling Thunder & its sequel in that one. Same goes for Pac-Mania & Galaga '88 (I don't care for original Galaga). 

They brought Rolling Thunder 1 & 2 out in that NM compilation for the Switch. Where is our PS4 version, Namco?

I'd like to get Lethal Enforcers 3 in that Konami compilation, but I doubt they'll do it.

It's pretty wild how much good stuff the switch is getting & already has. I haven't followed it too closely & didn't know about that comp in particular but it's nice that Rolling Thunder is on that one, at least they aren't pretending like no one out there wants to revisit it! I'd like to see some of those old light gun shooters adapted for VR & the aim controller but I doubt that will ever happen.

• Like 1

Just now, NekoRave said:

I spent $1500 on all of them 1f605.png1f633.png1f633.png1f633.png1f633.png1f633.png1f633.png

Damn, I've thought about dropping a few hundred on the ones I'm really keen on but keep waiting for a sale that never happens. It's a very Aussie way of doing things.

With that said I really regret not picking up that Darius anniversary thing on ps4 with all the soundtrack cds. I thought at the time 300 bucks was too much but nowadays everyone wants 500 & I wish I'd just spent the 300 ?

Just now, NekoRave said:

I honestly wish the gamblers there would avoid those machines just so konami can go back to gaming lol 

I'd be severely gutted seeing a Castlevania one, its like seeing your favorite game just turn into a scheme for cash and its kinda unsettling tbh

I won a chocolate and some Green Tea Gummi snacks. This was in Ginza 2 years ago and I am telling the honest truth when I say that the second floor was Konami only.

• Like 1

I will be angry if there aren't any Konami arcade games from 1988+

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT : Turtles In Time, The Simpsons, Sunset Riders, X-Men, Crime Fighters, Vendetta etc.

Konami made some fantastic arcade games and some of these have NEVER been released.

I'm not holding any expectations whatsoever as Konami used to my favourite company of all time, then fast become my absolute worst.

At the very least all I want is Crime Fighters. I'll buy that game, full price even if it's the only game in the pack!

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

Yes I did not the JP exclusive ones tho.

https://ibb.co/jfkyHKy

That wasn't even everything lol

Its like $8 a game $80 for 10 $800 for 100

Just curious. Why did you buy all of them. I just checked your trophy list and you only finished 1 out of like 40 of them. Most of your Arcade archives games sit at 36% Please don't tell me you spent $1500 on them just to load up and check the manual and options menu to get the basic 4 trophies from each game. ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I'd like to see some of those old light gun shooters adapted for VR & the aim controller but I doubt that will ever happen.

Namco hasn't bothered bringing Time Crisis 5 to PS4. I wish they would, along with some others. A Namco Museum gun game compilation is something else I'd really like, though I hate to admit we'll likely never see that. If they did one with all TC games (let's count Crisis Zone & Razing Storm), Deadstorm Pirates, Dark Escape 4D (now there'd be a really good one for PSVR! The arcade guns have a pulse monitor in them, but this could be omitted for a home version), & earlier ones like Lucky & Wild (the one where you drive & shoot at the same time), I'd get that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Namco hasn't bothered bringing Time Crisis 5 to PS4. I wish they would, along with some others. A Namco Museum gun game compilation is something else I'd really like, though I hate to admit we'll likely never see that. If they did one with all TC games (let's count Crisis Zone & Razing Storm), Deadstorm Pirates, Dark Escape 4D (now there'd be a really good one for PSVR! The arcade guns have a pulse monitor in them, but this could be omitted for a home version), & earlier ones like Lucky & Wild (the one where you drive & shoot at the same time), I'd get that.

Time Crisis 5, damn... also Deadstorm Pirates Special Edition! There are no arcade rail-shooters on modern systems... i bought all of them on PS3...

On a side note (since i'm going to talk about a different company), i'd like to see The House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn on console...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Busy with server closures my dude, got...

Worms 2 100% with dlc

Clan of champions

Drawn to death 2x

Orcs unchained

Twisted metal

Plus doing elemental monster online card game

Etc

Its just backlogged atm 

What do you mean Drawn to death 2x?

Twisted metal is already shut down. 

I think orcs just shut down too. Not sure though.