This color pallet is murdering my eyes.

Quink666

Just now, Harley Quinn said:

Oh, man, the entire game is like this?  That is brutal.

Yeah everything has this greenish color. So i'm also having problem seeing some of the dangerous stuff that kills you and that has gotten me killed one more then one occasion.

All this combined with me sucking at platformers means this is a 3 days plat for me => Game is real fun though.

• Like 1

Just now, Harley Quinn said:

As long as it is fun!  How many hours to complete (before you lose your sight)?

I played for like 2 hours 40 minutes but had to take two 15 minutes breaks. Still have 19  levels left so i need atleast another 4-5 hours to plat it. That's assuming the game does not get alot harder. Seen walkthroughs of the game and difficulty never seem to spike. All levels seems to be around the same difficulty.

15 minutes in this game, and I just rage-quitted, because:

1) You do not expect lot's of pits of despair, spike-littered ground and fast-moving hard-to-avoid enemies from a casual platformer.

2) Even though it's going to remind of Game Boy visuals, its more like eye cancer. Too much yellow-green shades. This makes it hard to see obstacles and sometimes enemies.

3) Jump physics and jump control... let's not talk about this.

4) The (non-existing) health... yeah, instant-death, comes with 1).

Only those who like Super Meatboy and similar can be recommended this.

Edited by StarWolf3000
Typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Anyone else having this issue? 

I'm getting headaches after  30 minutes of gameplay and i have turned of all the "old" tv/monitor settings.

No, I even finished the game with a Platinum Trophy in two sessions. Sad to see that it causes headaches to someone.

It did happen to me though after playing One More Dungeon, which probably is due to motion sickness or something. 

• Like 1

What's worse, this, or the Virtual Boy?

VB_grande.png?v=1472210881

If I do end up getting my hands on this game in the future, I may consider playing it in black and white. Maybe not if my Panasonic Viera I've had for a few years doesn't have such color adjustment setting.

In case anyone cared, I refuse to replace my TV unless it stops working. The last thing I'd want is for Sony to pull a dick move by manufacturing the next PlayStation to not be comparable with 1080p/1080i monitors. Forcing customers to buy the new Sony Bravia because f**k Capitalism!

Despite my earlier thoughts in this thread, I will agree with y'all on the colour, it is pretty hard to see some stuff and then there's the controls, which despite the face I managed to create a walkthrough, did take me quite a few attempts on each level. Even I was raging lol. :P Plus I kinda suck at platformers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I was about to make a thread about this on the NA stack, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I've never been completely debilitated by a game's color choices before. At most I'd have some hinderance here and there for yellow or yellow-based colors because I have tritanopic color-blindness, but this color palette is straight debilitating for me to the point where it actually sucks to play this game, which is something I've never had the displeasure of experiencing before.

The TV effect made it 100x worse because I straight-up could not make out any of the hazards from the background. Thankfully you can turn it off, but it does little to alleviate the burden. I hate that there's no setting to switch up the palette like they did in Jack N Jill DX.

It's godawful and I know I'm in a minority because of my "disability" -- and I get the theme of the game is "peas" so it's green-colored -- but straight up, fuck the developer dude.

• Like 1