Paraiso Island

kingofbattle8174

Paraiso Island is a free-to-play island life sim. Explore a cheerful tropical island, meet wacky animal residents, go fishing, or just relax and enjoy the scenery. Features a real-time day/night cycle, special events, and more surprises!

This is the only info available as it was mentioned on PS Blog. Sounds to me like a free to play animal crossing game which would be pretty cool. If it has trophy support even cooler but would probably be a hard one to get.

It releases tuesday so we will see soon.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

There are trophies but there seems to be a glitch. I unlocked like 5 after about an hour of playing but it will not show up on my trophy list. 

That just means Sony hasn't uploaded the trophies to the servers, thus all you can do is play the waiting game.

Well I have now played for a bit and I have seen enough to give some advice maybe not to play it yet.

1. As stated before trophies are not yet available. 

2. Total lack of content. This island is still an empty shell. After the very short tutorial, you have maybe one quest per character. 

3. Even the item for sale are few and far between. The store has about 5 or 6 items, none of which are interesting. Each character sells things as well. But they all sell the same item.

4. Lack of character creator. You start as a  lizard with just the abilty to name yourself. It appears you can purchase different skins but at launch only one is available. For 5000 coins. So either you are collecting alot of star fish or paying out of pocket.

5. Fishing game is one of the worst I have ever played.

6. Items glitch amd disappear when you use them. Wallpapers and paint will vanish when being used on your house without changing the appearance. So you are going to have to do it again. And you better do it then because if you come back later in the day that item may not be available for purchase. 

1 hour ago, DerelictSoul said:

Does anyone know how to actually place items into the wardrobe??

Walk up to it, press square. You should see the inventory screen and then slect what you want to add and drag it to the center.

So trophy wise, this list is as simple and bare as the game. It is pretty shallow.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Walk up to it, press square. You should see the inventory screen and then slect what you want to add and drag it to the center.

lol seriously?  it sold my item when I tried that, I'll try again, thanks

ok, thanks, went back and got it, no idea why it was selling the first time

Edited by DerelictSoul
got it

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

How do you get the redecorate home trophy?I removed everything and then I put wallpaper on all 3 walls, changed the floor tiles, added a bed, wardrobe, 2 chairs, 2 tables, a lamp, and a flower pot and still didn't get the trophy. 

mine didn't pop until I put the black floor down

The game is broken. 

You have to complete the Tutorial without quiting halfway. If you do, it will bypass it. It is possible to earn other trophies before tutorial trophy. 

Had to delete save twice, the game lost shovel and items for some reason. 

--- 

How is everyone completing the game fast, time trick to get daily rewards? I thought you need at least a week.

Edited by Kishnabe

29 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

The game is broken. 

You have to complete the Tutorial without quiting halfway. If you do, it will bypass it. It is possible to earn other trophies before tutorial trophy. 

Had to delete save twice, the game lost shovel and items for some reason. 

--- 

How is everyone completing the game fast, time trick to get daily rewards? I thought you need at least a week.

Can you change the date on the PS4 to trick the game?

My game was taking 30+ minutes to load so I had to delete my save and start fresh but I still can't unlock the redecorate home trophy. I added the black tiles, 3 wallpapers, the bed, the wardrobe, a lamp, and a couple chairs and tables but the trophy still hasn't popped. Not sure what else to do.

3 hours ago, lordzeze said:

My game was taking 30+ minutes to load so I had to delete my save and start fresh but I still can't unlock the redecorate home trophy. I added the black tiles, 3 wallpapers, the bed, the wardrobe, a lamp, and a couple chairs and tables but the trophy still hasn't popped. Not sure what else to do.

is all the furniture the same theme?  from what I've been hearing, and because the black floor popped it for me and the brown didn't, I'm thinking they all have to be the same style.  (i.e. skull bed, skull wallls, black floor, black tables and chairs)

54 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

is all the furniture the same theme?  from what I've been hearing, and because the black floor popped it for me and the brown didn't, I'm thinking they all have to be the same style.  (i.e. skull bed, skull wallls, black floor, black tables and chairs)

Where do you get all these items?

Edit: Black floors popped my trophy. Bought from Shark Fang Puck. Randomly sells it I guess.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

On 3/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, DoctorBaofu said:

Well that's odd.  I've never ran into that issue before.   Thanks for the heads up that there is supposed to be some trophies.  I'll check back with it in a few days or so.

It happens every now and thing. Skylar & Plux jumps to mind.

14 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

yeah, it works. Quit, then set manually. 

You can't change the time while in game, it will not register.

Hi! I discovered that you can change the date while you play. Go to the menu, change a day, return to the game and enter or leave a house. If you go to the daily reward, there is the new one :)

I already got all the trophies and yet the tutorial trophy is bug: /

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-07 at 4:30 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

Where do you get all these items?

Edit: Black floors popped my trophy. Bought from Shark Fang Puck. Randomly sells it I guess.

I got it on the walls, had white/black floors and couldn’t find walls from any characters. Didn’t realize the menu store was ingame stuff too. Assumed it was all micro transactions. 

I moved around the existing furniture as the first thing I did. Not sure if you need to or not. 

@ topic how the ever living hell do you get quests? I only was able to get the pirate guy to track. I’ve given that one idiot about 10 bananas and they won’t confirm the quest. So now I’m afraid to buy a 500gold chair to give to the shop keeper since that quest isn’t being tracked either. 

Fish are the best money maker I can see btw. 

Edited by Elvick_

58 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I got it on the walls, had white/black floors and couldn’t find walls from any characters. Didn’t realize the menu store was ingame stuff too. Assumed it was all micro transactions. 

I moved around the existing furniture as the first thing I did. Not sure if you need to or not. 

@ topic how the ever living hell do you get quests? I only was able to get the pirate guy to track. I’ve given that one idiot about 10 bananas and they won’t confirm the quest. So now I’m afraid to buy a 500gold chair to give to the shop keeper since that quest isn’t being tracked either. 

Fish are the best money maker I can see btw. 

Sell all the furniture you have in your home and replace it with other shit. Huge miney, fast. Every NPC gives you a quest.  If they aren't, forward your clock by a day on the xmb and relaunch the app. You 'give' NPCs quest items by 'selling' the item to them. Buying an item and turning it in for a quest gives you your coins back essentially.

14 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Sell all the furniture you have in your home and replace it with other shit. Huge miney, fast. Every NPC gives you a quest.  If they aren't, forward your clock by a day on the xmb and relaunch the app. You 'give' NPCs quest items by 'selling' the item to them. Buying an item and turning it in for a quest gives you your coins back essentially.

I know that, but the only one that tracked was the Pirate dude wanting a big fish. It showed the quest on the side of the screen, which none of the others have done. Guy wanting a chair didn’t track so I can’t complete it, even if I give it to him. It just sells it and doesn’t complete the quest. Same thing with the girl wanting a banana and the guy wanting a fruit because he’s hungry. Literally can’t do anything. 

This is all that happens for the rest of them. Game is a mess. Love the water though, so pretty.

Edited by Elvick_