What am I missing? How do I update my status.

I can't figure out what I am missing,  I am trying to update my status I have been looking for how to do this for about 30 minutes now.  On the side above Status updates it says "Whats on your mind?"  I click it and it brings me to my profile but there isn't anywhere to update my status.  I feel like I have looked through everything like 10 times.  Can someone give me steps to update my status?

1 of 2 ways.

Go to the homepage
Fill in your PSN ID on the update bar and hit enter (or press update)

2. When logged in and on the actual site, not the forums
Press the down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner. This will open a drop-down menu
Press Update Profile

1 minute ago, gamesfourever said:

1 of 2 ways.

Go to the homepage
Fill in your PSN ID on the update bar and hit enter (or press update)

2. When logged in and on the actual site, not the forums
Press the down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner. This will open a drop-down menu
Press Update Profile

That updates my trophies,  I am trying to figure out how to update my status.

8 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

That updates my trophies,  I am trying to figure out how to update my status.

Whoops my bad. im super sleepy. I was already thinking like "How can someone not know this?" ?
Sorry. I don't know in that case.

26 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I can't figure out what I am missing,  I am trying to update my status I have been looking for how to do this for about 30 minutes now.  On the side above Status updates it says "Whats on your mind?"  I click it and it brings me to my profile but there isn't anywhere to update my status.  I feel like I have looked through everything like 10 times.  Can someone give me steps to update my status?

That's odd - when you click "What's on your mind?" it should pull open a textbox allowing you to type a status, not forward you to your profile. However when you do visit your forum profile (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/257027-iggtheend/) does it show a box that says "Write a public message on your own feed..."? That's another way to make a status update.

Otherwise if none of that is working I'd try logging out and back in, clearing your browser cache (it could be some kind of issue related to that), or maybe trying a different internet browser :hmm:

Edited by BlindMango

13 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

That's odd - when you click "What's on your mind?" it should pull open a textbox allowing you to type a status, not forward you to your profile. However when you do visit your forum profile (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/257027-iggtheend/) does it show a box that says "Write a public message on your own feed..."? That's another way to make a status update.

Otherwise if none of that is working I'd try logging out and back in, clearing your browser cache (it could be some kind of issue related to that), or maybe trying a different internet browser :hmm:

Hmm im confused now,  logged off and on and tried 3 different browsers now to try and fix it,  I thought I was just missing something but my account might just be buggy or something.  Ill try from my phone I guess.

Edit: Apparently I needed to enable status updates first,  I thought it would be enabled from the get go.  

Edited by iGGTheEnd

10 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Apparently I needed to enable status updates first,  I thought it would be enabled from the get go.  

Oh yeah that's an odd one - they should be enabled from the start as far as I know. Glad you found the setting though :P 

Just now, BlindMango said:

Oh yeah that's an odd one - they should be enabled from the start as far as I know. Glad you found the setting though :P 

Ya I don't know if I accidentally clicked it or something at some point but thanks for trying to help :).

• Like 1

On 01/03/2019 at 11:15 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Edit: Apparently I needed to enable status updates first,  I thought it would be enabled from the get go.  

That option will get disabled whenever you get a warning point and you will have to enable it again. Did that happen to you?

5 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

That option will get disabled whenever you get a warning point and you will have to enable it again. Did that happen to you?

Just checked, dont have any warning points.

Edited by iGGTheEnd