Tips & Advice For S-Rank Missions

AnimeFanTalk

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9.4.2020 at 9:46 AM, DartDragon93 said:

if you follow this video (No Combo S-Rank for noobs like me) you will see it is easier than you think hope it helps you can do this for all difficulties you just need to learn how to use this technique, hope it may help other people.

Best Regards

This trick helped me a lot with the S-Rank trophies. Thanks for sharing!

When I tried out the level training mission on expert, I found Vegeta to be a good character to pick because of his projectile attacks and awakening skill (->104 hit combo if it connects). Also, when you charge your ki, the AI won't attack you, at least not if you're not close to them. That means you can spam fireballs from a distance, then charge up to max ki level, rinse and repeat. Since Dio and Blackbeard don't have projectile attacks that reach very far, they're pretty much sitting ducks if you attack them out of their range. They also use their abilities at about the same time you do, so you can counter them very easily. And if they dodge, you can call your support character to cover you (hold :l2:). However, if Blackbeard tags in Vegeta, this strat doesn't work because he likes spamming fireballs too. In that case, my strategy was to get close to him and press :square: 2-3 times to see if he blocks. If he blocked, I waited a split second and repeated the 2-3 hit combo. If he got hit, I continued the combo to the point where Vegeta unleashes a blue energy blast and then used a fully charged Galick gun, then dashed towards him, rinse and repeat.

One more thing: Even if you put maximal distance between you and your opponent, be careful because sometimes the AI dashes right at you and uses their awakening skill when you're in the middle of an attack. It doesn't happen often, but when it happens, you lose a good chunk of your health.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I used Danku + dark cube as suggested in the trophy description on psn but changed a bit my j-skills and used Luffy instead of vegeta (he tracks the enemy so well) and black beard as a third (even low leveled) for his support skills (more health and boosts dark attacks) any awakened skills with 100+ hits works (your main chair's or Luffy 's) and for 3rd jutsu I used Madara' s flames since they have range but also tracking (and sometimes can damage the enemy even after they hit me with an awakened) 

• 2 weeks later...

None of the  advices I found on various trophy guides helped me much,  wall+Aizen’s move isn’t really helpful because the AI will get you most of the time and doesn’t give you enough comboes.

What I did was picking Ruffy (pirate kid with obnoxious voice) and do his special move.

Your special move gauge fills up  as you take damage,  the ideal setup is to take enough damage round 1, and then finish said round with a 4 hit combo+Ruffy’s  special move( the one you press X), this should get you 4,200 points just by that, the rest is calculated by time, total sum of health in the two rounds, whether you didn’t lose a round, perfect win, but it’s really not necessary  and if you meet said mission objective(s), if you’re careful about this, you should get  the S rank quite easily.

Also, red hawk, one of Ruffy’s techniques, I found the AI has problem defending against it,  setting the volume to zero might also be helpful.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

• 3 months later...

I used giornos heal move on my cac to bring my health back to max if I took a hit, it still gave me the perfect bonus to the score.

I just zoned them out with rasen shuriken and vegeta assist spam for the fights, sometimes I’d let myself take some damage to get my ult and win with it after healing for more score. The timer was the most annoying thing for me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2020 at 8:46 AM, DartDragon93 said:

if you follow this video (No Combo S-Rank for noobs like me) you will see it is easier than you think hope it helps you can do this for all difficulties you just need to learn how to use this technique, hope it may help other people.

Best Regards

This and the above reply worked a treat, switch element to light as well because Dio in the Expert Training mission is weak to it, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

you need 12000 points for S rank. Must win 2 rounds in a row for extra points.

Round 1: Stay Maxed Range. Spam Rasen Shuriken, use the blond guy in a blue suit to regen your health if you take damage, get a perfect in the first round.

Round 2: your health doesn't matter since you can only get the perfect bonus once. Set Final Flash as your Ultimate skill. you must hit it at least once in a match in order to get 100 combo bonus, bonus points if you end the round with it, but usually it's not needed.

for Expert do the leveling stage. Dio usually stays for round 1, just max range him and get a perfect. Blackbeard/Vegeta come out in round 2, final flash them, win and collect S rank

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 11:43 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Do attacks and health scale with level?

yes but this is not helping so much on expert because enemies hp and damage scale with difficult,only j-skills help you so much if you get maxed all 5 and abilities listed in guide to getting black coffin and wall to work

Edited by mati11120

• 4 months later...
On 09/04/2020 at 8:46 AM, DartDragon93 said:

Best Regards

I used this method today and it was incredibly useful. Much more reliable then the airtight/black coffin method. 

I used kurapika as my third so that if I got hit, I could could tag in Vegeta and use kurapika to heal

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Didn’t want to create a whole new thread to talk about Apex fighter, so I’ll post here what I just did to hammer it out so quickly:

I kept doing the 1st Mission on Expert. Got an S rank 10 times for the trophy to pop (yes it’s been confirmed that you can grind out S ranks by doing THE SAME MISSION over and over again until it pops for you) Goes for all the S rank trophies. 

Next I used the following to knock it out: 

Kamehameha (works well when you put the physical resistance ⬇️ On it so it’ll do more damage)

Airtight (very useful, especially against Vegeta and put the attack ⬇️ Skill on it so when the opponent hits it, it’ll lower their attack when they do attack you)

Black Coffin (put the Health drain ability on there) 

Final Flash (put in the ability Ability Damage Limitbreaker and get that as high as you can before doing this)

my main support character was Luffy as he’ll track the hell out of the AI once you drop your Airtight on the field. Once you drop Airtight, charge up and start Black Coffin. Once you do that, watch the AI dash around the airtight;  once you see that happening, use Luffy to knock the AI down while still charging Black Coffin. Once the AI gets up, it’ll dash in the other direction!! With your airtight still up, you’ll pull off Black Coffin. This method worked for me damn near 100% of the time!! Got 5-7 S ranks in a row due to that alone. What also help is if you get the J-skill Father…is right here! This’ll negate any damage while blocking. Get it to lvl 5, and you’ll take NO DAMAGE while blocking!! Making the health requirement much easier.  

Hope this helps anyone still looking to knock Apex fighter out!! 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Didn’t want to create a whole new thread to talk about Apex fighter, so I’ll post here what I just did to hammer it out so quickly:

I kept doing the 1st Mission on Expert. Got an S rank 10 times for the trophy to pop (yes it’s been confirmed that you can grind out S ranks by doing THE SAME MISSION over and over again until it pops for you. Goes for all the S rank trophies. 

Next I used the following to knock it out: 

Kamehameha (works well when you put the physical resistance 2b07.png On it so it’ll do more damage)

Airtight (very useful, especially against Vegeta and put the attack 2b07.png Skill on it so when the opponent hits it, it’ll lower their attack when they do attack you)

Black Coffin (put the Health drain ability on there) 

Final Flash (put in the ability Ability Damager Limitbreaker and get that as high as you can before doing this)

my main support character was Luffy as he’ll track the hell out of the AI once you drop your Airtight on the field. Once you drop Airtight, charge up and start Black Coffin. Once you do that, watch the AI dash around the airtight;  once you see that happening, use Luffy to knock the AI down while still charging Black Coffin. Once the AI gets up, it’ll dash in the other direction!! With your airtight still up, you’ll pull off Black Coffin. This method worked for me damn near 100% of the time!! Got 5-7 S ranks in a row due to that alone. What also help is if you get the J-skill Father…is right here! This’ll negate any damage while blocking. Get it to lvl 5, and you’ll take NO DAMAGE while blocking!! Making the health requirement much easier.  

Hope this helps anyone still looking to knock Apex fighter out!! 

I just got plat and agree with a lot of the strategy here.

I followed the guide though and used Vegeta as my support. I felt like Vegeta was extremely effective at protecting me during a Black Coffin charge.

I also did the same Expert mission for all 10 of my S ranks.

These S ranks are a lot more doable than the rarity would make them appear.

Edited by Vtull
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Vtull said:

I just got plat and agree with a lot of the strategy here.

I followed the guide though and used Vegeta as my support. I felt like Vegeta was extremely effective at protecting me during a Black Coffin charge.

I also did the same Expert mission for all 10 of my S ranks.

These S ranks are a lot more doable than the rarity would make them appear.

They really are. At first, I thought it would be hella annoying to do them, but once I got certain abilities, J-Skills it was much easier than I thought it would be. Also I meant to add this on there:

Grab the Light element and put it on the Kamehameha as it'll do hella damage against Blackbeard and Astra. Do a 5-6 hit combo and IMMEDIATLEY do the Kamehameha!! That's a good 11 hit combo and shaves off a good amount of health on the AI. But its not as difficult as I thought. 

• Like 1