Help - Comprehensive list of trophy whore games?

JohnCenaSong-

Hi there, so I'm wondering if there's a list anywhere or if maybe some people could list me a more complete list of trophy whore games. Not necessarily every easy/short game but those that ordinarily people wouldn't play if not for the platinum. I've not followed the trophy world too much so my knowledge on them is limited and also old (I remember when Hannah Montanna was THE game lol)

Examples I can think of would be: Slyde, Orc Slayer, Little Adventure on the Prairie, the previously mentioned Hannah Montanna and that's where my knowledge almost dries up. 

I'm aware of a lot of short easy games but some have 'value' as games and whilst it's clear people do play them for the quick plat I'm trying to specifically look for those garbage and clearly whore games that'll make me want to hate myself.

The more the merrier, thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

It's like Schroedinger's cat, you won't know if they are trophy whore games until you play them.  Some may still be enjoyable, some you can try to provide your own challenge such as seeing if you can place on the fastest platinum time leaderboard.

In general though, I would look at the Easy Games list on the Games section https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=average. Most of the top games there are the trophy whore variety

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Hi there, so I'm wondering if there's a list anywhere or if maybe some people could list me a more complete list of trophy whore games. Not necessarily every easy/short game but those that ordinarily people wouldn't play if not for the platinum. I've not followed the trophy world too much so my knowledge on them is limited and also old (I remember when Hannah Montanna was THE game lol)

Examples I can think of would be: Slyde, Orc Slayer, Little Adventure on the Prairie, the previously mentioned Hannah Montanna and that's where my knowledge almost dries up. 

I'm aware of a lot of short easy games but some have 'value' as games and whilst it's clear people do play them for the quick plat I'm trying to specifically look for those garbage and clearly whore games that'll make me want to hate myself.

The more the merrier, thanks in advance for any help.

I can see that you tried some good games but never finished them. Why not try to plat MeatBoy, NexMachina, Spyro or some other decent game from your profile. Each one is worth 1000 whore plats and on the end of the day you will have a big smile on your face. John Cena will be proud if you will not whore hunt! haha ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UltraRareBoy said:

I can see that you tried some good games but never finished them. 

This is an alt ? most games that have like 10 minutes play on here are games I've finished, just loaded them up while installed so this account has some games on it.

I'm just specifically looking for whore rep games for a little something secret lol.

@TheYuriG Helpful, someone else linked that too. I was kinda somewhat hoping for specifically a whore/shit games list of ones that pretty much only exist for the sake of a platinum but I suppose I could go through that and just cross off all the decent/good easy games until all I have left are the most whorish of them all.

I'd caution against just looking at completion percentage to determine whether or not a game qualifies as a trophy whore game. And a comprehensive list is probably impossible, as everything is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

I've got a few very quick and easy plats on my profile, but I also enjoyed playing them. So they weren't trophy whore games to me, even if others might view them that way. I was curious enough to see My Name Is Mayo for myself (no escaping the fact that it'll always be my first platinum!), and found the experience to be quirky and weird enough to also be enjoyable. I definitely got $0.99 worth of enjoyment from that game. I bought Super Destronaut DX thinking it would be a good candidate for my son's first platinum and ended up enjoying it myself (turns out classic Space Invaders gameplay still holds up today). And I found Burley Men at Sea to be charming and funny.

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I'd caution against just looking at completion percentage to determine whether or not a game qualifies as a trophy whore game. And a comprehensive list is probably impossible, as everything is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

I've got a few very quick and easy plats on my profile, but I also enjoyed playing them. So they weren't trophy whore games to me, even if others might view them that way. I was curious enough to see My Name Is Mayo for myself (no escaping the fact that it'll always be my first platinum!), and found the experience to be quirky and weird enough to also be enjoyable. I definitely got $0.99 worth of enjoyment from that game. I bought Super Destronaut DX thinking it would be a good candidate for my son's first platinum and ended up enjoying it myself (turns out classic Space Invaders gameplay still holds up today). And I found Burley Men at Sea to be charming and funny.

I personally agree with this regarding The Little Acre. That game was certainly charming and enjoyable.

• Like 1

I have some like:

My name is mayo

Albedo: Eyes from Outer BS (worse game i played)

Puzzle Showdown 4k

Wheels of Aurelia (Second Worse game i played)

Dying Reborn

Midnight Deluxe (i liked 36 fragments)

Phobos Vector Prime: The First Ring

And Deliriant.

I enjoyed some others like: Lara Croft go and hitman go, The deadly tower of monsters, icey and the little Acre, at the end, everything is subjective.

• Like 1