Songkran Festival (Events End / Badge is distributed)

Count me in :)

Here is a list of games I will be doing for all the events

1. It's Summer Time! - RiME - you spend the first level on an island where there is swimming, cliff diving, running around on the sand etc.

2. Asian Traditional - Yakuza: Dead Souls -whole bunch of Japan in this game :)

3. Blessing - World of Final Fantasy - you can use items and magic on your teammates 

4. Peaceful - Claire - you are unable to attack any of the enemies and have to hide from them to regain your sanity. 

5. Movement - Jak X - it is a racing game

6. Lady Songkran - Beyond 2 Souls - the whole game you are connected to a spirit.

7. Spend time with Family - Madagascar 3 - I have had this game in my collection for a long time and this as good a time to play it as any.

8. Play Together - Life is Strange: Before the Storm - girl in high school with people all around her.

9. Release the Bird and Fish - New Little King's Story - Started this game on August 27th 2015

10. It's New year, New you - Heavy Rain - multiple endings that require you to replay large parts of the game to earn them.

Now that is my list, I am working on my own personal event so I am hoping to get all this cleared up in time :) All of these games work towards my own event.

• Like 2

Interesting. 

And since it starts after the event that I'm in finish, it also works ok. 

Still, I will need to review this later, since I'm still in my Platinum blackout session.. Need to seriously start Dark Cloud 2, since I already set up Dark Cloud 1 Plat.. Still, since Platinum-Less games are ok, I will need to look into my backlog and maybe into other Platinum-Less games to see if I can get a game for every category. 

Also, just a comment on the time that the event will be running, I think that you should set a time zone for it, instead of our individual time zones, so that everyone as the same time (since it's a Thai related, maybe use that time zone?) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

What is Songkran Festival ? (Water Festival)

- It is famous Thai Traditional festival that hold every year. Actually it has very long and has many thing to do with Thai/Hindu mythology. Basically for non-Thai people will know this festival mostly as the festival where you can shoot the water to other people for fun. Actually, It also existed to decrease the heat in this month which very hot in Thailand. You will probably know more about it in event category :)

So basically, you are holding an event involving your national holiday which involves going outside and swimming and super-soaking each other to cool down... by staying inside and playing PS4 games for platinum trophies. xD

It's nice you want to promote your national holiday, though. I like learning about various foreign holidays and how people celebrate stuff like summer vacation and Christmas in their own way. ;)

Although if you want to promote it properly, you would add in a category involving a game which has swimming, underwater or water game mechanics. Then watch as 90% of the participants platinum Sengan Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. :P

Might try this, though. :)

• Like 1

im down to give this a shot but i will need time to pick my games. ill post them later

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Never heard of this festival but you came up with a cool idea for different video game categories :)

I want to join your event... but i have one question: can we choose games we've started before this event? Earned some trophies already?

additional rule 5  says its ok to use games you have started they just cant be finished

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Interesting. 

And since it starts after the event that I'm in finish, it also works ok. 

Still, I will need to review this later, since I'm still in my Platinum blackout session.. Need to seriously start Dark Cloud 2, since I already set up Dark Cloud 1 Plat.. Still, since Platinum-Less games are ok, I will need to look into my backlog and maybe into other Platinum-Less games to see if I can get a game for every category. 

Also, just a comment on the time that the event will be running, I think that you should set a time zone for it, instead of our individual time zones, so that everyone as the same time (since it's a Thai related, maybe use that time zone?) 

I think I would like to set the time zone as Thai timezone instead, it make sense. :)

I dont fix the timezone at first because i want everyone to be convenient and not have to look at the timezone clock.

I will fixed to the proper timezone and put countdown clock in.

thank you for your suggestion!

10 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Never heard of this festival but you came up with a cool idea for different video game categories :)

I want to join your event... but i have one question: can we choose games we've started before this event? Earned some trophies already?

You can prepare the game to pop on the event.

dont forget to pop one on April 13-15 for bonus badge though !

45 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sign me up!  This looks neat and I'll come up with a list as it gets closer to the time of the event.  Are you going to require we have a list prepared before it starts or can we pick stuff as the event goes on?

You can pick the list as you go. You can even switch up the game you no longer want to play to a new one. Just let me know when you update your progress and i will sort it out in official spreadsheet. :)

7 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Sounds good to me, I'll need to come up with a list later. Are we keeping track of our own list or will there be an official thing?

There will be official spreadsheet to keep track of everyone progress. You must post your progress as you go so i can update your progression :)

I'm glad that you took the time to plan the event as a new face for community events. Thanks for that! 

But I will skip this because since last summer I jumping from event to Event :D i want some time to play what i want to play and not think about games which fit into the categories. But I will read a little Bit in the threat to See how Everything Turns out and which games the participants will choose. Good luck with this!

• Like 1

Well, I'm not entirely sure if my picks actually are good enough for each category (and I'm starting only now looking too), so let me know if it's ok or not.

I will also be open to suggestions, since I may overlook some decent non-platinum games.

1. It's Summer Time! - ?
  2. Asian Traditional - Probably a random Mahjong game..
3. Blessing - ?
  4. Peaceful - Leaving this blank for now, I'm only thinking in Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, several Dishonored and a few fighting games (win by perfect/without suffering damage), but all have platinum.. Only exception is Girl Fight (Win 25 rounds without suffering damage), is this ok?
  5. Movement - Gravity Rush vita (I'm only missing a time trial on 1 DLC for 100% it, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it, it's the hardest one and I'm missing it since forever.. or since I broke my vita screen from a fall, and after having it fixed, never really got back to the game..). Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (a few episodes have a kind of racing/shooting minigame)
  6. Lady Songkran - Primal (spirits stuff, I think, is it ok?)
  7. Spend time with Family - Does FFXV Comrades standalone count? (I'm only missing the DLC, I think.. effectively, I'm only missing the hardest mission, but after trying it once and start thinking in building a different weapon for the last boss, I never really got back to it..)
8. Play Together - ?
  9. Release the Bird and Fish - I will see this... I have The Bridge on my profile for a while (and have several non-platinum games on my backlog, but not on my profile, so that should be easy to cover)
10. It's New year, New you - ?

Currently I'm not really finding a way to get a game to fulfill the other requirements, since other than the ones listed/on my profile, the only other games that I own and would like to play that don't have platinums (that I can think of now) are Hitman, Backgamon Blitz on PS4, KH BBS 0.2 Prologue and Child of Light.. Said that, I own PS+ since forever, so there's for sure tons of stuff in there, even if most I wouldn't play right away, and if it's something fun and cheap and on Vita or PS3 (let's say under 5€), I may get it for this event.

As for me trying to not get platinums, it's no question, and it's impossible for me to set up the Dark Cloud 2 plat during the time this event will take (I still have some doubts that I will be able to get the platinum before the end of the year), and since I'm quite far from 13k trophies, I'm not using a plat in this event at all.

@Han_the_Dragon

From a quick scan of your profile;

- A King’s Tale would fit under Asian Traditional (developed in Japan) or Peaceful (need to do some dreams with no damage)

- Comrades would fit under Play Together since you meet a lot of other players. And there’s a new content update coming March 26th so there’s presumably more trophies incoming too, to make it more substantial.

- Child of Light fits under Blessing since some characters buff your team.

- KH 0.2 needs two playthroughs so it fits under New Year, New You.

- Hitman has had a movie so it’d fit under Spend Time With Family

Hope that was somewhat useful?

• Like 2