Songkran Festival (Events End / Badge is distributed)

Sorry to say this but can you please remove me from the list of participants?

The last few days made me realize that playing games by plan robs the whole fun for me right now and I also feel like I want to focus a bit more on other platforms for the upcoming months. Hope everyone will still have a fun time during the event. :) 

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Sorry to say this but can you please remove me from the list of participants?

The last few days made me realize that playing games by plan robs the whole fun for me right now and I also feel like I want to focus a bit more on other platforms for the upcoming months. Hope everyone will still have a fun time during the event. :) 

done. enjoy your game as you should ;)  

• Like 1

Figured out some ideas for the two I didn't have any idea in.  Asian Traditional and Release the Bird and Fish remain TBD because it's more like I have too many possible choices for those and I'll just toss in whatever I feel like playing for those.  As it is this list is pretty ambitious with all the JRPGs even if I'm working on prepping a few of them

1. It's Summer Time - Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - There's a whole part of the game where you go on a trip to a hot springs resort and there are also some quests involving swimming competitions.

2. Asian Traditional - I have so many I could use for this so this one is TBD and I'll just toss whatever JRPG I have that doesn't fit elsewhere in here.  I'd love to be especially nuts and run with an import game as well or a game set in Japan.

3. Blessing - Antiquia Lost - I admit, I know little about this game beyond it's a turn based RPG.  But chances are there will be healing spells like every other RPG.

4. Peaceful - Either Mahjong Gold or Mahjong World Contest - Both are just mahjong games and involve no fighting.

5. Movement - Mary Skelter: Nightmares - One of the characters has a skill you use in dungeons where you can move really fast for 12 seconds.  Purposely going to hold off on the last trophy for this one just so I can use it here since all I have left is grinding to level 81 in this one.

6. Lady Songkran - 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡IV (Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV) - There are a few reasons why this fits, nearly all of them are spoilers so I'll just say Divine Knights and leave it at that.

7. Spend time with Family - Akiba's Beat - probably a bit of a stretch, but I know these games are based in Akihabara and do try to remain reasonably accurate, though some liberties have been taken.

8. Play Together - Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) - The whole game is about meeting people in the protag's new school and making friends.  One of the trophies even involves getting all the notes about all the various people he meets.

9. Release the Bird and Fish - Another TBD where I have a bunch of good fits.

10. It's a New Year, New You - if it's not delayed and I can finish it in time, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS4)  It specifically has two trophies that can only be done in NG+

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Figured out some ideas for the two I didn't have any idea in.  Asian Traditional and Release the Bird and Fish remain TBD because it's more like I have too many possible choices for those and I'll just toss in whatever I feel like playing for those.  As it is this list is pretty ambitious with all the JRPGs even if I'm working on prepping a few of them

1. It's Summer Time - Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - There's a whole part of the game where you go on a trip to a hot springs resort and there are also some quests involving swimming competitions.

2. Asian Traditional - I have so many I could use for this so this one is TBD and I'll just toss whatever JRPG I have that doesn't fit elsewhere in here.  I'd love to be especially nuts and run with an import game as well or a game set in Japan.

3. Blessing - Antiquia Lost - I admit, I know little about this game beyond it's a turn based RPG.  But chances are there will be healing spells like every other RPG.

4. Peaceful - Either Mahjong Gold or Mahjong World Contest - Both are just mahjong games and involve no fighting.

5. Movement - Mary Skelter: Nightmares - One of the characters has a skill you use in dungeons where you can move really fast for 12 seconds.  Purposely going to hold off on the last trophy for this one just so I can use it here since all I have left is grinding to level 81 in this one.

6. Lady Songkran - 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡IV (Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV) - There are a few reasons why this fits, nearly all of them are spoilers so I'll just say Divine Knights and leave it at that.

7. Spend time with Family - Akiba's Beat - probably a bit of a stretch, but I know these games are based in Akihabara and do try to remain reasonably accurate, though some liberties have been taken.

8. Play Together - Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) - The whole game is about meeting people in the protag's new school and making friends.  One of the trophies even involves getting all the notes about all the various people he meets.

9. Release the Bird and Fish - Another TBD where I have a bunch of good fits.

10. It's a New Year, New You - if it's not delayed and I can finish it in time, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS4)  It specifically has two trophies that can only be done in NG+

updated.

I really agree your list is quite challenging as JRPG trophies are time consuming. but i guess you really like JRPG so i dont see the problem with that :) , play the game you like and earn trophy while participate for the event is a win-win. ;) 

1. It's Summer Time!

Atelier Firis : you spend most of your time traveling. Firis can craft a fishing rod, she sleeps every night in a tent and you can even unlock a summer outfit.

2. Asian Traditional

Tokyo Xanadu : I suppose the game takes place in Tokyo. And it’s developed by Nihon Falcom.

3. Blessing

Demon Gaze / Mary Skelter : Nightmares : if I can’t complete Demon Gaze, I’ll do Mary Skelter instead. Both games allow the characters to use skills to attack, buff and heal.

4. Peaceful

Beyond Eyes : Feels like a very peaceful game with no enemies, battles or anything related to fighting.

5. Movement

Dokuro : you need to complete the whole game in less than 250 minutes to get one of the trophies.

6. Lady Songkran

→ TBD

7. Spend time with Family

Trails of Cold Steel : each time you take the train, you can play cards with your teammates. I don’t know if this is enough to qualify though.

8. Play Together

Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk : From what I understand, you need to collect Town Memories that are related to talking to various people.

9. Release the Bird and Fish

Rime : not a long game but it’s been sitting in my backlog list for too long.

10. It's New year, New you

Ys : Memories of Celceta : you need a second playthrough to get the Platinum.

Is there a game from this list that involves angels ?

FFXII

Demon Gaze II

Akiba’s Beat

Omega Quintet

The Witch and the Hundred Knight II

Bastion

Fallen Legion : Flames of Rebellion

Dark Arcana : The Carnival

Enigmatis 2 : The Mists of Ravenwood

Bad Apple Wars

Trails of Cold Steel II

Atelier Lydie and Suelle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myu said:

1. It's Summer Time!

Atelier Firis : you spend most of your time traveling. Firis can craft a fishing rod, she sleeps every night in a tent and you can even unlock a summer outfit.

2. Asian Traditional

Tokyo Xanadu : I suppose the game takes place in Tokyo. And it’s developed by Nihon Falcom.

3. Blessing

Demon Gaze / Mary Skelter : Nightmares : if I can’t complete Demon Gaze, I’ll do Mary Skelter instead. Both games allow the characters to use skills to attack, buff and heal.

4. Peaceful

Beyond Eyes : Feels like a very peaceful game with no enemies, battles or anything related to fighting.

5. Movement

Dokuro : you need to complete the whole game in less than 250 minutes to get one of the trophies.

6. Lady Songkran

→ TBD

7. Spend time with Family

Trails of Cold Steel : each time you take the train, you can play cards with your teammates. I don’t know if this is enough to qualify though.

8. Play Together

Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk : From what I understand, you need to collect Town Memories that are related to talking to various people.

9. Release the Bird and Fish

Rime : not a long game but it’s been sitting in my backlog list for too long.

10. It's New year, New you

Ys : Memories of Celceta : you need a second playthrough to get the Platinum.

Hide contents

FFXII

Demon Gaze II

Akiba’s Beat

Omega Quintet

Bastion

Bad Apple Wars

Trails of Cold Steel II

Atelier Lydie and Suelle

Don't know about most of those games in the spoiler, but FFXII has a celestial entity. Also, Mary Skelter has an angel.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Here are my picks:

1. It's Summer Time! - Rime
2. Asian Traditional - Megadimension Neptunia
3. Blessing - Omega Quintet
4. Peaceful -
5. Movement - Caladrius Blaze
6. Lady Songkran - Ys Origin
7. Spend time with Family - Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness
8. Play Together -
9. Release the Bird and Fish -
10. It's New year, New you - Tales of Berseria

I'm unsure how many of these I can actually complete, but we'll see what happens.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Myu said:

Reveal hidden contents

FFXII

Demon Gaze II

Akiba’s Beat

Omega Quintet

Bastion

Bad Apple Wars

Trails of Cold Steel II

Atelier Lydie and Suelle

There's a couple but let me spoiler tag those since it gets a bit into plot for it.

Spoiler

Trails of Cold Steel II - I'm actually using CS4 for this category, because I'm nuts and imported it.  While CS2 hasn't yet revealed everything that CS4 does about what is really going on in Erebonia, there are enough of the elements that led me to pick CS4 in CS2 that it could work.  Since I don't know if you've even beaten CS1 yet, I'm a bit hesitant to get into more details on why but it would fit.  Just be aware that it's going to be a pretty long plat but if you haven't beaten CS1 yet, you'll very much want to be starting this one right away after beating CS1.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 - As far as I know, the final boss for the bad ending path is a godlike being of some sort.  The Hundred Knight himself could count as a celestial entity, though he's more of a demon.  This at least is a bit shorter of a plat than CS2 is since it's a single playthrough, but it's honestly not as good as the first game.

Bad Apple Wars - A bit more of a stretch, but the game itself takes place in the afterlife and everyone is dead.  I do think what happens in the good ending of each route could potentially be enough to count.  Of the games you listed this is the shortest one that I know would fit to some degree.

Another idea?  Use Ys: Memories of Celceta for this and Trails of Cold Steel II for It's a New Year, New You instead.  Trails of Cold Steel II does require NG+ to get the plat as well.

And like Dragon-Archon said, Mary Skelter does have an angel in it, so if you don't use that for Blessing that's a good pick too.  Mary Skelter is not too long of a plat either.

Edited by ladynadiad

On 3/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Don't know about most of those games in the spoiler, but FFXII has a celestial entity. Also, Mary Skelter has an angel.

On 3/22/2019 at 6:35 AM, ladynadiad said:

There's a couple but let me spoiler tag those since it gets a bit into plot for it.

Reveal hidden contents

Trails of Cold Steel II - I'm actually using CS4 for this category, because I'm nuts and imported it.  While CS2 hasn't yet revealed everything that CS4 does about what is really going on in Erebonia, there are enough of the elements that led me to pick CS4 in CS2 that it could work.  Since I don't know if you've even beaten CS1 yet, I'm a bit hesitant to get into more details on why but it would fit.  Just be aware that it's going to be a pretty long plat but if you haven't beaten CS1 yet, you'll very much want to be starting this one right away after beating CS1.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 - As far as I know, the final boss for the bad ending path is a godlike being of some sort.  The Hundred Knight himself could count as a celestial entity, though he's more of a demon.  This at least is a bit shorter of a plat than CS2 is since it's a single playthrough, but it's honestly not as good as the first game.

Bad Apple Wars - A bit more of a stretch, but the game itself takes place in the afterlife and everyone is dead.  I do think what happens in the good ending of each route could potentially be enough to count.  Of the games you listed this is the shortest one that I know would fit to some degree.

Another idea?  Use Ys: Memories of Celceta for this and Trails of Cold Steel II for It's a New Year, New You instead.  Trails of Cold Steel II does require NG+ to get the plat as well.

And like Dragon-Archon said, Mary Skelter does have an angel in it, so if you don't use that for Blessing that's a good pick too.  Mary Skelter is not too long of a plat either.

Thank you for your replies.

I think I'm going to go with Mary Skelter as I'm still in the middle of Trails of Cold Steel and there's still a long way to go. It's nice to know that the story is not over at the end of the first game :) Development is slow but very interesting and I am quite fond of the characters.

4 hours ago, Myu said:

Thank you for your replies.

I think I'm going to go with Mary Skelter as I'm still in the middle of Trails of Cold Steel and there's still a long way to go. It's nice to know that the story is not over at the end of the first game :) Development is slow but very interesting and I am quite fond of the characters.

Yeah, Cold Steel is a long ride and not only is the story not over after the first game, but you'll probably want to jump right into the second one.  Mary Skelter is a good pick though and actually a short and reasonable plat for a Compile Heart game.  The only grinding you need for the plat is to level 81 for one trophy, but you'll be around 60iish when you finish everything else so it's not too bad at all.  You won't need to explore all floors of the dungeons or anything like that for the plat.  I'm just doing the grind to level 81 now and I'll have that one ready.

Ok i made my decision :)

1. Swimming: Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

2. From Asia: Last Rebellion

3. Party Healing/Buffs: Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4)

5. Movement: Abzu

7. Movie Tie In: X-Men Origins Wolverine

Finding a game for category #2 was the hardest one. I googled several companies to see if they're from Asia in order to find one game i can use :D

• Like 1

Just a bit of an update, found out the trophy lists for the PS4 versions of Trails of Cold Steel I and II are shared with the PS3/Vita versions so I won't be able to do those.  I'll have to find replacement games.

Also really hope the issue with my profile up and vanishing resolves itself soon.

Hey! Can I change my game for "8. Spend time with family" to "Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends" please? :)

I just realised the game was delisted, so wanna get it done sooner rather than later, as I'm worried servers won't stay up for long after it being delisted (I have no source on the servers, it's just my own thoughts, so noone needs to panic as I'm just crazy).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Hey! Can I change my game for "8. Spend time with family" to "Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends" please? :)

I just realised the game was delisted, so wanna get it done sooner rather than later, as I'm worried servers won't stay up for long after it being delisted (I have no source on the servers, it's just my own thoughts, so noone needs to panic as I'm just crazy).

done ;) 

• Like 1

With the announcement today of the Borderlands 1 remaster and I know I’m gonna be playing the hell out of that, I’d like to remove Final Fantasy Type-0 HD from my list and replace it with Borderlands. You can run mods that buff your teammates when doing co-op.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

I would like to participate, here's my list of games 

Summer time -Uncharted remastered 

Asian Traditional- WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 (yukes)

Blessing - child of light (vita)

Peaceful- Nova-111

Movement - Burnout paradise remastered 

Lady Songkran- God Of War PS4

Spend Time with family - The Walking Dead: The Final Season 

Play Together - Vampyr

Release The bird and fish -Lara Croft Go

Its new year, new you - Dreamfall Chapters

• Like 1