Songkran Festival (Events End / Badge is distributed)

Here's my list as of now which might change before the event starts. I think they should all fit but anyone has any suggestions let me know!

1. It's Summer Time! - Abzu

2. Asian Traditional - Persona 5 

3. Blessing - Secret of Mana

4. Peaceful - Alien Isolation

5. Movement - Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Legacy of the first Blade DLC ( Had a hard time coming up with one for this one)

6. Lady Songkran - Final Fantasy X Remastered

7. Spend time with Family - Wolf Among Us - Based on the Graphic Novel Fables

8. Play Together - L.A Noire 

9. Release the Bird and Fish - Minecraft Story Mode

10. It's New year, New you - Metro 2033 Redux

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kristycism said:

@Han_the_Dragon

From a quick scan of your profile;

- A King’s Tale would fit under Asian Traditional (developed in Japan) or Peaceful (need to do some dreams with no damage)

- Comrades would fit under Play Together since you meet a lot of other players. And there’s a new content update coming March 26th so there’s presumably more trophies incoming too, to make it more substantial.

- Child of Light fits under Blessing since some characters buff your team.

- KH 0.2 needs two playthroughs so it fits under New Year, New You.

- Hitman has had a movie so it’d fit under Spend Time With Family

Hope that was somewhat useful?

Thanks for the input! 

That's actually why I made the initial tentative list, I knew that I was overlooking stuff and I didn't knew if someone games on my backlog would fulfill requirements simply because of my lack of knowledge about them (Child of Light example). 

A King's Tale didn't really felt to my liking and it felt that it would take more than a few tries, but then maybe I wasn't just into the mood when I tried it. 

Comrades, that's cool, I also though of using it for that category, but wasn't seeing anything related to other things (ya, completely forgot that Hitman has a movie..), also didn't knew about the expansion on Comrades. 

Hitman, as I said, I forgot there was a movie about it.. Will need to see how long the full 100% is, in case that base 100% isn't enough, since my time on ps4 limited and there are already several ps4 games on the list. 

KH 0.2 I completely forgot that Critical is only available after cleaning it once.. So, ya it counts, I guess that I will cut that out from the "10 things I hate" event and either use I am Alive or HiQ Ace. 

As for Child of Light, I don't know much about it, so I didn't knew any of that! Thanks! 

I'm leaving here the revised list with the inputs from @Kristycism, but I think that I will try to improve it abit further, since I feel that I'm relying to much on ps4 games and Hitman can end up being a big time sink.. 

1. It's Summer Time! - Abzu? I saw that @HM02_as_H3LL listed it for this category, and I have been wanting to get it, ao it should work. 

2. Asian Traditional - Probably a random Mahjong game.. Don't think that I will change this one, since I need to use games that are on vita/ps3 too, otherwise I will not have time to get the 10 games done for sure. 

3. Blessing - Child of Light 

4. Peaceful - Girl Fight (Win 25 rounds without suffering damage), is this ok? A King's Tale also have things that require no damage, so, is this also an option? 

5. Movement - Gravity Rush vita (I'm only missing a time trial on 1 DLC for 100% it, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it, it's the hardest one and I'm missing it since forever.. or since I broke my vita screen from a fall, and after having it fixed, never really got back to the game..). Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (a few episodes have a kind of racing/shooting minigame)

6. Lady Songkran - Primal (spirits stuff, I think, is it ok?)

7. Spend time with Family - Hitman (do I need to 100% the full trophy list or just base game?) 

8. Play Together - FFXV Comrades standalone, it's essentially a co-op game (I'm only missing the DLC, I think.. effectively, I'm only missing the hardest mission, but after trying it once and start thinking in building a different weapon for the last boss, I never really got back to it.. There should be more content soon, and maybe more trophies too)

9. Release the Bird and Fish - I will see this... I have The Bridge on my profile for a while (and have several non-platinum games on my backlog, but not on my profile, so that should be easy to cover)

10. It's New year, New you - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 Prologue (2 playthrough). 

• Like 1

Happy to have helped, @Han_the_Dragon ^_^ A King's Tale really isn't that bad - some require a few attempts, sure (actually the one that took me longest was the final Dream Battle, as Tonberry's kept killing me right at the end), but they're all under 5 minutes long, and almost all are easy to do first time. A couple of the don't get hit are annoying though, but I managed them within a few attempts each, and I suck at that style of game, so they're definitely doable.

Other than that, I don't know which version of Flower you've got? One is cross buy with Vita, one is PS3 only, so if you got the cross buy, that could also be an option for your Vita as it's a peaceful game anyway with no combat, but there's also the no damage trophy. Flow also has a similar trophy if you like those style of games (which I think you might if you're also getting Abzu?), along with another two trophies for not killing/eating creatures, so that could be another option for you, but you'll need the expansion pack to get the DLC trophies, unless you buy Journey Collector's Edition, which comes with the expansion for PS4 and I think Vita, but not PS3? Might want to check on Vita though, I've only played on PS4 (on my old account) and it was definitely installed there.

I do think you only need the base game though, for Flow and/or Hitman? And DLC isn't required unless you do the DLC on its own category for any game, per the first post? Though maybe @FielVeredus can confirm?

Also I don't blame you for forgetting the Hitman movie. I think it's something everyone would rather forget existed xD

---

As for my games, I had a look through my backlog, here's a tentative list for now, three long games, some medium, and some short ones:

1. It's Summer Time! - Flow (PS4)
  2. Asian Traditional - The Last Guardian
  3. Blessing - Tales of Zestiria
  4. Peaceful - Flower (PS3)
  5. Movement - Crazy Taxi
  6. Lady Songkran - Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
  7. Spend time with Family - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
  8. Play Together - Mafia III
  9. Release the Bird and Fish - Journey (PS4)
  10. It's New year, New you - Shiness The Lightning Kingdom
  • Like 2

Okay, here is my list (subject to change)

1) Summer Time - Reverie. This game is about a boy visiting his grandparents in New Zealand during summer time. Includes swimming and hiking and many summer adventures.

2) Asian Tradition - Pac-Man. The original king of the Arcades. Developed in Japan in 1980.

3) Blessings - Final Fantasy Type 0 HD. It’s Final Fantasy. You buff your teammates.

4) Peacefull - Metal Gear Solid 3. The Peace Walker trophy is for completing the whole game without killing anyone.

5) Movement - Sega Genesis Classics. Includes a bunch of Sonic games. Who is faster than Sonic?

6) Lady Songkran - Darksiders II. Includes many celestial beings in a battle between Heaven and Hell.

7) Spend Time with the Family - X Men Origins: Wolverine. I’ve been meeting to play this for a while for the X on my A-Z platinum list.

8) Play Together - South Park: The Stick of Truth. You meet and befriend like 100 people.

9) Release the Bird and Fish - The Invisible Hours. Been meaning to get back to this game for a while in my backlog.

10) New Year, New You - ICO. You have to play it twice for the platinum.

I see two or three I could hopefully complete in the bonus timeframe.

• Like 1

This event looks interesting, sign me up. I'll add a list of games later.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, Willreaper41 said:

I was thinking about number 9 and thought Entwined would be perfect, too bad I'm not good enough to finish it.

entwined-53bbf596931be.jpg

That's exactly what I thought too. It might be a good excuse to get back to the game.

• Like 1

On 2.3.2019 at 7:57 PM, FielVeredus said:

2. No auto-popping. No stack a game.

I have one question question regarding the "No stack a game"-part:

Does it only mean that we aren't allowed to start a new stack of game we already finished once or does it also affect old stacks, too? The reason why I'm asking is the game Flower by thatgamecompany. I recently finished the Vita-version for my own event. I started that version back in 2016. But three years prior I also played the PS3-version but never finished it.

Would the PS3-version be eligible to choose for any category or not? It's no problem if it ain't eligible, I was just curious as I wanted to give it a second try in the near future nonetheless. :)

Edited by Crimson Idol

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I have one question question regarding the "No stack a game"-part:

Does it only mean that we aren't allowed to start a new stack of game we already finished once or does it also affect old stacks, too? The reason why I'm asking is the game Flower by thatgamecompany. I recently finished the Vita-version for my own event. I started that version back in 2016. But three years prior I also played the PS3-version but never finished it.

Would the PS3-version be eligible to choose for any category or not? It's no problem if it ain't eligible, I was just curious as I wanted to give it a second try in the near future nonetheless. :)

You can play any game with trophy so ps3/vita are eligible. :)

No stack a game mean you cant use lets say  several mayo game on the category. :) Or 8 version of midnight deluxe on multiple category etc.

if it is just one game out of your several stack is ok. ;) 

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 2

@Kristycism I think my problem with A King's Tale was that I was just wanting to get done with it and was dying a lot during story mode, so I just gave up... I should return to it with a different mindset and maybe it will be much easier than I originally felt like it was..

I actually don't own Flower (played on ps3, but my brother was who bought it), so I can't stack it, and seeing how much motion sickness I got from it, I also don't feel like doing it again.. 

Flow never really interested me, and Abzu, I'm just wanting to play because everyone seems to have positive things to say about it, I don't really know how the game is and in what I'm getting myself into ? 

I think that I never watched Hitman movie, or at least not more than a few minutes, so, I really don't know how bad it is.. 

You have quite an ambitious list there!! 

As for base game vs full 100%, ya, I would like this to be a bit more clear. 

@FielVeredus on the OP you mention that we are required to get the platinum or 100%, but some games don't have a platinum and have several dlc packs, so my question is: if a game doesn't have a platinum but has several dlc trophy lists do we need to 100% everything or just the base trophy list? (my specific case is about Hitman on ps4). 

6 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

You can play any game with trophy so ps3/vita are eligible. :)

No stack a game mean you cant use lets say  several mayo game on the category. :) Or 8 version of midnight deluxe on multiple category etc.

if it is just one game out of your several stack is ok. ;) 

Thanks for the explanation.

And I didn't intend to use multiple stacks of one of my still unfinished games for multiple categories but getting the info that this isn't allowed but therefor using one other stack of an already finished game for one category helps a lot! :) 

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

@FielVeredus on the OP you mention that we are required to get the platinum or 100%, but some games don't have a platinum and have several dlc packs, so my question is: if a game doesn't have a platinum but has several dlc trophy lists do we need to 100% everything or just the base trophy list? (my specific case is about Hitman on ps4). 

In this case , you just need 100% of base game.

I will added in to be more clearer , thank for asking :) 

• Like 2

Ok, we'll give this set a try.

1. It's Summer Time!
- Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
2. Asian Traditional - Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Blessing - Arc The Lad (Eat your fruits and vegetables)
4. Peaceful - Tearaway
5. Movement - Vanquish
6. Lady Songkran - Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
7. Spend time with Family - The Witcher 3
8. Play Together - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
9. Release the Bird and Fish - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
10. It's New year, New you - Uncharted 4

Edited by willythom88
Forgot to edit Catherine out of category 2
  • Like 1

Updated all entries up until this point ;)

12 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Ok, we'll give this set a try.

1. It's Summer Time!
- Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
2. Asian Traditional - Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Blessing - Arc The Lad (Eat your fruits and vegetables)
4. Peaceful - Tearaway
5. Movement - Vanquish
6. Lady Songkran - Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
7. Spend time with Family - The Witcher 3
8. Play Together - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
9. Release the Bird and Fish - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
10. It's New year, New you - Uncharted 4

Your list looks very challenging almost all of them are either very hard or pretty time consuming. :o Good luck with your set ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

Updated all entries up until this point ;)

Your list looks very challenging almost all of them are either very hard or pretty time consuming. :o Good luck with your set ! 

Thank you.  I've never played Vanquish and my time with Witcher 3 has been fairly limited so I'm stoked to see how bad I just set myself up (though I'm educated enough on them both to know it was pretty bad).

3 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

In this case , you just need 100% of base game.

I will added in to be more clearer , thank for asking :) 

Cool! 

I will hate keeping increasing my unearned trophy count, but that's the only way for me to be able to complete the event while allowing me some time to work on Dark Cloud 2 (really, I already have 3 plats ready to pop, and will likely get more before I even set up Dark Cloud 2 for my milestone.. need to find a way to focus on that one somehow..)

I will still leave the 2 empty categories, empty because the only Mahjong games on sale are for PS4 (I want them on Vita..), and I may follow @Kristycism advice and use A King's Tale for that category anyway.. the last one for a game from my backlog, I prefer to keep it open, since there's The Bridge, Crystal Defenders, Vessel and a few others that I could use, and will heavily depend on my mood during the event..

Let's see... my list is

1. Shining Resonance Refrain

2. Ys VIII

3. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

4. Warriors All-Stars

5. Fate/Extella Link

6. God Eater Resurrection

7. Dragon Ball FighterZ

8. Tokyo Xanadu

9. Tales of Xillia 2

10. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

This is my list for now. Will add more games later in the event if I get to it.

1. It's Summer Time! - Burly men at sea (ps4)
2. Asian Traditional - XBlaze Lost: Memories (ps3)
3. Blessing 
4. Peaceful 
5. Movement 
6. Lady Songkran 
7. Spend time with Family - Game of Thrones telltale (ps4)
8. Play Together 
9. Release the Bird and Fish - Tales from the borderlands (ps4)
10. It's New year, New you 

• Like 1

So here's my tenative list thus far:

1. It's Summer Time - Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - There's a whole part of the game where you go on a trip to a hot springs resort and there are also some quests involving swimming competitions.

2. Asian Traditional - I have so many I could use for this so this one is TBD and I'll just toss whatever JRPG I have that doesn't fit elsewhere in here.  I'd love to be especially nuts and run with an import game as well.

3. Blessing - Antiquia Lost - I admit, I know little about this game beyond it's a turn based RPG.  But chances are there will be healing spells like every other RPG.

4. Peaceful - Either Mahjong Gold or Mahjong World Contest - Both are just mahjong games and involve no fighting.

5. Movement - Have no idea here either.

6. Lady Songkran - 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡IV (Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV) - There are a few reasons why this fits, nearly all of them are spoilers so I'll just say Divine Knights and leave it at that.

7. Spend time with Family - Have no idea to be honest.

8. Play Together - Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4) - The whole game is about meeting people in the protag's new school and making friends.  One of the trophies even involves getting all the notes about all the various people he meets.

9. Release the Bird and Fish - Another TBD where I have a bunch of good fits.

10. It's a New Year, New You - if it's not delayed and I can finish it in time, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS4)

• Like 1