Homesteads or optional missions first..

Don't worry about honor at all. You'll only need it in chapter 6 and you can always just farm it up fast by fishing or whatever. Probably shouldn't worry about the homesteads either as there's plenty of them, and they don't actually go away until like chapter 6 (if even then).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

Don't worry about honor at all. You'll only need it in chapter 6 and you can always just farm it up fast by fishing or whatever. Probably shouldn't worry about the homesteads either as there's plenty of them, and they don't actually go away until like chapter 6 (if even then).

Wait.. really? So I can kill and do anything I want right now.. Rob, steal, kill random people and go ahead and do every homestead? Or all 4. I was worried certain missions wouldn’t pop up if my honor level was low.

16 hours ago, Hunter777Merritt said:

Wait.. really? So I can kill and do anything I want right now.. Rob, steal, kill random people and go ahead and do every homestead? Or all 4. I was worried certain missions wouldn’t pop up if my honor level was low.

The honor-gated missions are only after a certain plot event at the end of chapter 5. Up till that point your honor gauge actually only goes up to like 70% of its max. So you can basically do all the homesteads, bandit bounties, whatever that lowers your honor while you're still in chapter 2-4, and then before finishing chapter 4 you can just fish or help random strangers.

I would actually recommend doing the homestead robberies and evil bandit stuff as early as possible, because then you can just play a nice guy afterwards. It's ridiculously easy to increase your honor in the game as you constantly meet strangers in need of help and even greeting enough people gives you positive honor.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 2