Need help on the free DLC trophies...

You

Hello,

This is to everyone who has already got 100% for the DLC, I'm struggling with this. PS I'm playing by myself.

Compared to the rest of the game which is easy, I find this very hard I'm not entirely sure what the best approach is and having to wait 2 minutes each time for the stage to start each time is really annoying.

Can anyone give me any tips?

Now when the game starts as I understand it you need to shoot at the head/eyes of each creature, I'm ok with doing this, it's just that sometimes I can't seem to get those tall long ones, should I be concentrating on the small ones or big ones?

There's also a trophy for  "It's a megablast!", now my record is surviving about 2 minutes but I've never even seen a bomb, not once, or maybe I have and haven't detonated it? What is a bomb? do I need to press a certain button on the controller? As far as I'm aware you hold the controller and press the touch panel to shoo and that is it, I tried all the buttons and nothing happened.

No matter what I do I eventually get overwhelmed and just can't shoot all around me at once. How long does this mode last anyway? One hit and it's all over, seems really quite unfair...

[edit]

Watching this movie, seems like the game is so much easier on coop.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just 100%ed the DLC today, on my own. Obviously it's more easier with other players, but it is doable on your own.

The life force is actually the blocks. The more blocks you knock off, the faster they die. So with long body, just continuously fire while going up and down. Aiming at the eyes doesn't really do anything against the red/green/white tall blocks.

Megablast: It's the large round brown "monster" you need to shoot at. They often appear when three tall white tower monsters appears. It's the same one you see in the trophy icon for this one.

Remember to look at the other side while firing at the monsters/aliens appearing from the front or either side. Sometimes they will spawn on the other side when you're not looking, so check regularly.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

@enaysoft in case you're still looking for feedback on this... I did it solo today and I'm no gaming master, so it's totally doable.

My advice for the long enemies is to slowly strafe up and down along their bodies, they seem to die fairly quickly that way. For the flying enemies you don't want to chase them around too much because most of your balls will miss, I found it better to fire a constant stream in one spot along their zigzagging flight path and just let them fly into it a couple of times.

The bombs are large round enemies that advance forward with everything else (they're kind of a yellowy-grey color). Wait for them to get relatively close when they're near a lot of other enemies and then shoot the bomb, they'll take out a bunch of enemies at once. As long as you shoot the bomb before it reaches you, the explosion will only hurt other enemies and not you.

If you see a battery run across the screen and are able to shoot it enough for it to activate, it's a worthwhile power up - it will temporarily increase the size of the balls you shoot, which can take out several enemies much easier.

Finally, I found the alignment/calibration of controller position would get wonky fairly quickly. If you notice that happening and have a quick break between waves, use the options button to recenter yourself.

Hope these help. It took me a few tries, just keep at it and you'll get it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

@enaysoft in case you're still looking for feedback on this... I did it solo today and I'm no gaming master, so it's totally doable.

My advice for the long enemies is to slowly strafe up and down along their bodies, they seem to die fairly quickly that way. For the flying enemies you don't want to chase them around too much because most of your balls will miss, I found it better to fire a constant stream in one spot along their zigzagging flight path and just let them fly into it a couple of times.

The bombs are large round enemies that advance forward with everything else (they're kind of a yellowy-grey color). Wait for them to get relatively close when they're near a lot of other enemies and then shoot the bomb, they'll take out a bunch of enemies at once. As long as you shoot the bomb before it reaches you, the explosion will only hurt other enemies and not you.

If you see a battery run across the screen and are able to shoot it enough for it to activate, it's a worthwhile power up - it will temporarily increase the size of the balls you shoot, which can take out several enemies much easier.

Finally, I found the alignment/calibration of controller position would get wonky fairly quickly. If you notice that happening and have a quick break between waves, use the options button to recenter yourself.

Hope these help. It took me a few tries, just keep at it and you'll get it.

Great advice, thanks mate, yeah I keep meaning to go back to this game. I was actually just gonna wait until my parents came to Japan so I could play 3 or 4 player on coop since I have enough controllers..... aaaaannnnddd then Covid world kicked off and i still haven't seen my parents since 2019. :(

I also have a son who is almost 5 and well I have not been able to get the VR out and don't really want him to know of its existence so it's been packed away forever, I don't even really have room for it for many years either, so no continuation of Beat Sabre, Super Hot VR etc, which makes me sad....

I will come back and look at your tips when I finally get my VR out. (Had to unplug cos like it's taking up a whole power source even when not being used)

Still at this rate, I'll probably end up getting this trophy with my son when he's old enough to help lol.

If only this mode had online coop and you could get other players to join your game and help out for the non VR players.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...