Ranger Hardcore Exploit! + Bad Ending

WatertownsFinest

This will be a useful addition to my thread, but I'm concerned that future patches could make save files incompatible with v1.00 – many games have done this

So if that does happen, can players do everything on v1.00? or is it too glitchy

43 minutes ago, unknownds said:

I think you are the one find this Exploit

I think this exploit won't work, if you start the game with 1.02 version save data. 

Follow the instructions. Downgrade the game first then start a new RH playthrough and return to menu after mission 1

1 hour ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Thanks wanted to spread the news

No problem. Actually this exploit should work but I have received some incidents that they are stuck in loading in the finale cutscene

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Is there any reason why people wouldn't be able to use this exploit with the revert ps4 patches exploit?

20 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

This will be a useful addition to my thread, but I'm concerned that future patches could make save files incompatible with v1.00 – many games have done this

according to the ps4 PKG database there is no recorded patch before 1.02: https://ps4database.io/view/CUSA11408_00/NP

Perhaps the game already released on 1.02 or it simply hasn't been fetched fast enough :(

Like Trope Hore said, i also guess that they will simply break save compatibility with some future patch. But at least we have the patch URL to 1.02 now, so if 1.00 really is too glitchy you could simply update your disc to 1.02 specifically via the the aforementioned trick and then do the exploit later.

17 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Took me 8 hours to finish the game on RHC with the bad ending. FYI, it's not that hard!

I didn't time my run, but RHC really isn't that hard if you play carefully and it adds a whole new level of immersion to the game.  RHC adds a lot of tension to the game and makes completing the hardest difficulty that much more satisfying.  Don't ruin this experience and use some stupid exploit.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Danielwang008 said:

Follow the instructions. Downgrade the game first then start a new RH playthrough and return to menu after mission 1

No problem. Actually this exploit should work but I have received some incidents that they are stuck in loading in the finale cutscene

I haven't start the mission 1 yet. After I reinstall with v.1.00, and got error show my save date incompatible, can't load the saved data. It's normal?

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

oh. do you even need a patch for this? Just assumed it would be in game from the fresh version

i guess it should work with the 1.00 version, if that is not totally glitchy or crashing all the time etc (which wouldn't really surprise me all that much these days), but since there seems to be no patch url for <1.02 this will most likely be a "disc only" endeavour. 

Im just getting done with Ranger Hardcore while getting all the collectibles and I highly recommend it if you can handle the difficulty. Its not very hard but its very rewarding to get everything done on this mode. As long as you're okay with stealth it is an absolute blast. On the last level now

On 2019/3/4 at 5:13 PM, unknownds said:

I haven't start the mission 1 yet. After I reinstall with v.1.00, and got error show my save date incompatible, can't load the saved data. It's normal?

Maybe you played the game in the 1.03 patch. My save was 1.02 version and when I downgrade it there is no other incompatible alerts

Can any1 confirm if I finish game with recent update and than downgrade that exploit will still work ? And other question does it have to be good ending or you can reinstall game run thru it with bad ending and ranger trophy will still pop ? 

3 hours ago, Anke said:

Darn, just finished game and saved with 1.03. Presumably following this now is a waste of time? Anyone know if it works?

Finished game with latest update. Backed up save and uninstalled game . Disconnected Wi-Fi connection and reinstalled game to 1.0 . Started new game in ranger , killed everything possible in Moscow . Went back to main menu in winter mission and loaded final. I  an confirm that it still works after finishing game with latest update 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, zibson88 said:

Finished game with latest update. Backed up save and uninstalled game . Disconnected Wi-Fi connection and reinstalled game to 1.0 . Started new game in ranger , killed everything possible in Moscow . Went back to main menu in winter mission and loaded final. I  an confirm that it still works after finishing game with latest update 

YAY! Thank you.

4 hours ago, zibson88 said:

Can confirm this worked for me as well on 1.03. No need to do a good playthrough on 1.0 first. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 6:03 AM, WatertownsFinest said:

PHYSICAL COPY NEEDED

Theres a way to get both Ranger Hardcore and the trophy for the bad ending using this exploit:

1. Finish the game on any difficulty with the good ending and back up your save file.
2. Uninstall the game, disconnect from your console from the network and re-install the game so it’s on version 1.00.
3. Start a new new game on Ranger Hardcore difficulty, kill as many enemies as possible and finish the Moscow level to lock in the bad ending.
4. When entering the 2nd mission winter, quit to the main menu and you’ll be able to use chapter select, load up ‘Finale’ and watch the ending cutscene, you will unlock the trophies for the bad ending and completing ranger hardcore!

Thanks for this, I was sure I would never bother trying to platinum this but you've helped me out really easily. Thanks again!