WatertownsFinest

Ranger Hardcore Exploit! + Bad Ending

47 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, fado_cr7 said:

I played on version 1.00 and i'm at taiga chapter atm. does anyone knows if this method works without playing it first on 1.03 version? 

 

Shouldn't matter what version you are on before you do the glitch. You just need to  be on 1.0 to do it. Since any newer patch removes chapter select on RHC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend GITing GUD and also kill all fools. 👍

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 4:29 AM, Quink666 said:

 

Shouldn't matter what version you are on before you do the glitch. You just need to  be on 1.0 to do it. Since any newer patch removes chapter select on RHC.

ok so now i finished the game on 1.00
do i need to uninstalled it first or go straight and play Moscow on RHC ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fado_cr7 said:

ok so now i finished the game on 1.00
do i need to uninstalled it first or go straight and play Moscow on RHC ?

 

You only need to uninstall I think if you played it on 1.03 first so that you get back to 1.00.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick PSA for anyone who wants to use this: The latest update _may_ break the exploit, because i get a "game update missing" error when trying to load my 1.04 save on the disc version (1.00) and the game even softlocked after that.

However i was able to select a chapter and continue from there, so perhaps this is enough for the exploit to work?!

 

Until there is more solid information I'd suggest to stay on 1.03 if you're planning to use this, just to be sure.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2019 at 6:47 PM, dernop said:

Just a quick PSA for anyone who wants to use this: The latest update _may_ break the exploit, because i get a "game update missing" error when trying to load my 1.04 save on the disc version (1.00) and the game even softlocked after that.

However i was able to select a chapter and continue from there, so perhaps this is enough for the exploit to work?!

 

Until there is more solid information I'd suggest to stay on 1.03 if you're planning to use this, just to be sure.

 

You were never supposed to load your saves from 1.03/1.04 that wasn't the exploit.

You are supposed to revert back to 1.00 and then start a new game in RH.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alttairr said:

still works in 1.04?

No well kinda u can use the trick by just never patching the game if you already did just delete the game reinstall stop the update play on reader or easy start to finish then start the hardest setting kill everything u can and u mean kill not knock out the  get to chapter 2 back out go to chapter select go to final watch ending cutscene and done

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finish the game with 1.04 version. I uninstalled the game and reinstall with the 1.00 version without network connection. I start a new game in Ranger hardcore, passed chapter 1 (Moscow), and in chapter 2(winter) I went to main menu and in chapter select only appears until chapter 2 (winter). This is because I have passed first playthrough with 1.04 version or I did something wrong?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find these types of glitches and bugs rather ridiculous ... All you're doing, is fooling yourself.

Why not put in the extra effort and actually complete the game entirely on Ranger Hardcore like I and many others did? You'll be honing your skills at the same time, and you'll get more satisfaction out of it. Win-win.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works fine on 1.04. Simply finish game with good ending, uninstall the game, disconnect, install fresh 1.00, upload your save from pendrive or cloud, start new game and after Artiom went underground and open first door, quit to main menu and chapter select, choose the last one and voila ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2019 at 10:18 AM, Bartek_Red said:

Works fine on 1.04. Simply finish game with good ending, uninstall the game, disconnect, install fresh 1.00, upload your save from pendrive or cloud, start new game and after Artiom went underground and open first door, quit to main menu and chapter select, choose the last one and voila ;)

 

Can confirm, this still works on 1.04. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm it still work with 1.06 (started a playthrough with this version, deleted my save, then starting a new playthrough with the save but on 1.00).

 

Also, you don't need to beat the Moscow chapter, I just did the prologue, and quit at the start

 

By the way, you can unclock the " Mutation " trophy with this exploit. You'll earn it at the same time as bad ending + ranger hardcore

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, phoenix9447 said:

Can confirm it still work with 1.06 (started a playthrough with this version, deleted my save, then starting a new playthrough with the save but on 1.00).

 

Also, you don't need to beat the Moscow chapter, I just did the prologue, and quit at the start

 

By the way, you can unclock the " Mutation " trophy with this exploit. You'll earn it at the same time as bad ending + ranger hardcore

Could you please explain how to do the mutation trophy with this method? Do u need to complete a new game plus previously for this to work? Would this work for iron mode aswell?

Edited by Taliesin_2943
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Could you please explain how to do the mutation trophy with this method? Do u need to complete a new game plus previously for this to work? Would this work for iron mode aswell?

 

You don't need to do anything more than the original exploit for hardcore ranger. It'll unlock at the same time as the hardocre ranger & bad ending trophy.

 

I tried to find a way for iron mode but no luck, since it requires a save on 1.00 with the iron mode difficulty. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone make it works.

 

I'm replaying the game on iron mode right now and it's really frustrating to deal with the long ass unskipable cutscenes... Other than that, it's really easy.

Make sure to import your weapon/mods before starting NG+ tho

 

Edited by phoenix9447
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phoenix9447 said:

 

You don't need to do anything more than the original exploit for hardcore ranger. It'll unlock at the same time as the hardocre ranger & bad ending trophy.

 

I tried to find a way for iron mode but no luck, since it requires a save on 1.00 with the iron mode difficulty. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone make it works.

 

I'm replaying the game on iron mode right now and it's really frustrating to deal with the long ass unskipable cutscenes... Other than that, it's really easy.

Make sure to import your weapon/mods before starting NG+ tho

 

I tried to but i still end up without the weapons and such basically starting at square 1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I tried to but i still end up without the weapons and such basically starting at square 1

Are you actually picking "weapon" just before choosing the difficulty (where you select Iron Mode)?

Also, are you on a save with all weapon unlocked ? Because if you just did the glitch for ranger, you'll have a save without all weapon.

 

And finally, the weapon are unlocked when you reach the first toolboard on the train (it's only here that you can switch weapon)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, phoenix9447 said:

Are you actually picking "weapon" just before choosing the difficulty (where you select Iron Mode)?

Also, are you on a save with all weapon unlocked ? Because if you just did the glitch for ranger, you'll have a save without all weapon.

 

And finally, the weapon are unlocked when you reach the first toolboard on the train (it's only here that you can switch weapon)

Yes and yes I'm using a save with everything unlocked there just not there when I get to the gun rack when it unlocks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yes and yes I'm using a save with everything unlocked there just not there when I get to the gun rack when it unlocks

 

Oh well, too bad then. Anyway, on Reader, the game is just really easy. Should not give you any trouble. Just make sure to pack enough ammo for the bear fight in Taiga

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 9/10/2019 at 4:56 AM, phoenix9447 said:

 

You don't need to do anything more than the original exploit for hardcore ranger. It'll unlock at the same time as the hardocre ranger & bad ending trophy.

 

I tried to find a way for iron mode but no luck, since it requires a save on 1.00 with the iron mode difficulty. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone make it works.

 

I'm replaying the game on iron mode right now and it's really frustrating to deal with the long ass unskipable cutscenes... Other than that, it's really easy.

Make sure to import your weapon/mods before starting NG+ tho

 

I just managed to get the iron mode trophy to pop using the digital version fully patched, and I'm sure you can use it to exploit hardcore mode as well if anyone likes. The main difference is that with the digital version you will still require 2 playthroughs I believe in order to affect the outcome for the ending trophies. However, I also popped the ending trophy after quitting out on the last level on ranger hardcore and selecting the finale. I think once you make the decisions in the large chapters it is enough to skip to the end I'm assuming.

Edited by Angus1343
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, Angus1343 said:

I just managed to get the iron mode trophy to pop using the digital version fully patched, and I'm sure you can use it to exploit hardcore mode as well if anyone likes. The main difference is that with the digital version you will still require 2 playthroughs I believe in order to affect the outcome for the ending trophies. However, I also popped the ending trophy after quitting out on the last level on ranger hardcore and selecting the finale. I think once you make the decisions in the large chapters it is enough to skip to the end I'm assuming.

Hey buddy can you write down a step by step. I just bought it digitally. Finish the game twice, once normal and then hardcore? Thanks in advance

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Squaallxx said:

Hey buddy can you write down a step by step. I just bought it digitally. Finish the game twice, once normal and then hardcore? Thanks in advance

The iron mode trophy was tricky to trigger and it took me 5 attempts iirc. I just kept starting a new game on iron mode, then tried quitting out to menu at different times to see if the epilogue was in the chapters and selected it. If you get the timing right it will not have wiped the chapters from the chapter select menu from the previous play through. I watched the epilogue 5 times I think and it decided to unlock on the last. I had already played ranger hardcore legit so it was just for the iron mode trophy.

Edited by Angus1343
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.