Ranger Hardcore Exploit! + Bad Ending

WatertownsFinest

• 2 weeks later...

downgrading almost destroyed my dvd drive in my ps4 pro. i downgraded and started the game online and paused the patch. game said cant load save file, and the menu was blank. my dvd drive started constantly starting and stopping every half a second really fast. sounded like a jet that couldnt take off. so i ejected the disc. went offline, deleted the update download instead of having it paused. turned game back on and i could see the menu again.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the platinum today with the ranged hardcore exploit.

i played and got all trophies (except ranged hardcore and bad ending) with 1.08 patch version,then i reinstalled the game without patch and played Moscow Level on Ranger Hardcore difficulty choosing new game (but with the same save file of my first playthrought).

During Moscow level you must kill as many enemies as you can (for bad ending) and complete it. 

When chapter 2 Winter starts go back to the main menu,go to chapter select and choose "Final".

At the end,during credit, you'll unlock 3 trophies: 

Hardcore

Eternal Voyage ( Bad Ending)

Mutation (DLC trophy)

Hope to help you 

On 3/29/2020 at 4:18 PM, omegamarx said:

I got the platinum today with the ranged hardcore exploit.

i played and got all trophies (except ranged hardcore and bad ending) with 1.08 patch version,then i reinstalled the game without patch and played Moscow Level on Ranger Hardcore difficulty choosing new game (but with the same save file of my first playthrought).

During Moscow level you must kill as many enemies as you can (for bad ending) and complete it. 

When chapter 2 Winter starts go back to the main menu,go to chapter select and choose "Final".

At the end,during credit, you'll unlock 3 trophies: 

Hardcore

Eternal Voyage ( Bad Ending)

Mutation (DLC trophy)

Hope to help you 

You don't even need to finish the beginning section.  Get to the qte with the first creature you face, right after the first autosave, and then quit out.  Then go to menu and select final and the bad ending will play.   That's how I got it and the hardcore trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Tbh i am actually debating if i wanna do this glitch? haha, because i am still not tired of metro?

I don't have a computer to do the downgrade trick for the digital copy and did it legit on NG+ with all guns carried over. The hardest parts for me were the minigun enemies as molotovs seemed to do nothing to them on RHC. 

For the first one in Yamatau I  killed the 2 guys on the left quickly and then ran behind the heavy as he was still in the process of making his intro during which he is invincible. Once his animation stops I used the shambler with the ammo box attachment and unloaded into his head. It takes like 20 shots to pop his helmet off and shoot his exposed head. Took me several tries as there is no reticule and a lot of smoke appears when firing. Afterwards at least 10 enemies spawn.

The 2nd minigun guy (middle of Caspian) I just hunkered down until the shooting stopped. And the 3rd one at the end of Caspian, I  took the  minigun off the wall above a desk with a health pack on it and then ran to the double doors where he enters. Hold L2 to start spinning the minigun w/out firing and aim for the head (you'll be in front of him this time) again once his animation stops unleash hell on his head then mop up the rest.

Hope this helps if you do it legit. 

Edited by da-Noob123
typo

Hello,

I finished the game once normally while exploring everything, a second time in 1.00 by collecting all the collectibles and improvements. I'm just missing the Ranger Hardcore trophy, does the trick work if the game was over with the wrong ending? Because my first part with the good ending being with the last update. It would be really cool if the trophy was unlocked without having a good end

16 minutes ago, xRagnarLodbrok said:

Hello,

I finished the game once normally while exploring everything, a second time in 1.00 by collecting all the collectibles and improvements. I'm just missing the Ranger Hardcore trophy, does the trick work if the game was over with the wrong ending? Because my first part with the good ending being with the last update. It would be really cool if the trophy was unlocked without having a good end

Should work either way

• 1 month later...

Tried this morning. 

Basically I have all the trophies including the DLC and all that remains is hardcore and bad ending. 

So. Uploaded my save to cloud. Deleted the game. Reinstalled the disc to 1.00. Started new hardcore playthrough and when you get to the first auto save I quit out (reason for this location is posted on another site). Went to chapter to select, chose Finale... You get the final map scene with a message saying downloading content % which doesn't increase, presumably because you're offline. Game crashed during this screen. 

Tried again but this time when quitting from first auto save the only chapters available to load was Moscow. 

Redownloaded saves from cloud. Tried again but making sure to disconnect from net. Tried the level again, quit to menu and was able to choose finale. Selected it and after 10 minuets in the final map screen the game crashed again. 

So now I am having to redownload all patches and stuff so that I can play NG+ with the weapon perks for a full and shitty hardcore playthrough. 

Been a while since a game this shit required me to play through it so many times.  

4 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Tried this morning. 

Basically I have all the trophies including the DLC and all that remains is hardcore and bad ending. 

So. Uploaded my save to cloud. Deleted the game. Reinstalled the disc to 1.00. Started new hardcore playthrough and when you get to the first auto save I quit out (reason for this location is posted on another site). Went to chapter to select, chose Finale... You get the final map scene with a message saying downloading content % which doesn't increase, presumably because you're offline. Game crashed during this screen. 

Tried again but this time when quitting from first auto save the only chapters available to load was Moscow. 

Redownloaded saves from cloud. Tried again but making sure to disconnect from net. Tried the level again, quit to menu and was able to choose finale. Selected it and after 10 minuets in the final map screen the game crashed again. 

So now I am having to redownload all patches and stuff so that I can play NG+ with the weapon perks for a full and shitty hardcore playthrough. 

Been a while since a game this shit required me to play through it so many times.  

I had to play the whole first area till I got on the train then I switched to the final and had no trouble

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2020 at 5:32 PM, Dragonxlave said:

Is the exploit still usable at version 1.09?

Started today and was wondering if it' s still working.

No. The exploit can only be done on version 1.00 of the game.

And also, as for anyone who go for the exploit, you don't need to complete the entire Moscow chapter. Wait for the first autosave on Moscow in Ranger Hardcore and quit, then go to Chapter Select and select Final.

Edited by BadRep24

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Nigh7s7ein said:

Do this glitch only work with vanilla edition or can you do it with the Aurora edition? I'm planning on buying it physical for the dlc but ranger hardcore doesn't sound too appealing to me.

It works on aurora it's what I have aslong as you have a hard copy that was released on day 1 u should be good I don't think they put out a complete edition or goty edition so uv should be fine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emailking said:

I don't think the DLC is physical on the Aurora edition. The description just says access to the expansion pass.

Expansion pass is usually always digital only game of the year or definitive editions ect usually are all on disk all this exploit requires is for the game to be completely unpatched

• 4 months later...

Hi anybody  help me i could not complete  exploit ihaved  Physical   metro exodus  but when all Conditions work still wait loading  20 minutes  content  after finishing  not  Loading appears finale  but PS4 appears mistake number CE-34878-0 and stop the game  .I try that mnany time idont  why  please anybody gletich work a little while ago helps me