Which fast platinum trophies are worth it? Which aren't?

SuchRemorse

Ok so we all know that in recent times platinum trophies have become easier and easier to obtain. I remember back in 2009 and 2010 When most platinum trophies took some serious time to earn. Now we have lots of games where you can get a platinum in less than an hour. Some of them are pure trash. You can tell they were made just for a quick buck from the developer. But on the other hand some are actually decent games. I really enjoyed a recent game called JackQuest. It's a easy platinum to obtain but I thought it was a decent game. My question is this. What quick platinum trophies do you think are actually good and worth it and which ones are garbage. I myself have some really respectable hard to earn platinum trophies (In my opinion anyway) and I definitely have some garbage ones too. (Mayo, Orc Slayer, etc) Just saying lol. So I was just wondering what the community thought. 

My Name is Mayo...

Nah, just kidding. But in all seriousness, there's Telltale games (most, not all though) are just beating the game but they're fun, most of the time. Sad to see them go. :(

Also, Grim Fandango is easily one of my favorite games. Granted, you'll likely need a full video guide since the game has a lot of missable trophies, but it's not going to take you long. There's other games like The Bunker and Late Shift, but to be fair, I feel I praise them more as movies than games. Just my opinion.

There's also Life is Strange, but I'm one of the few who didn't enjoy it that much. 

• Like 2

The Order: 1886. Biggest complaint I ever head (and most frequent too) was it was way to quick and that made people angry who spent $60 (or more if there were other editions, which I do not know if there were/are) on the game to be done with it in a weekend (and of course you can do it less then a work day now with all the guides out there to assist in both the game and the trophies). In fact, those complaints had me not buy the game until I saw it on sale for roughly $10 on the PS Store. I enjoyed the game immensely. It is quick but you know that now going in and the game is at a decent price and goes on sale at least twice a year. Definitely worth picking up for a great game, quick platinum, decent amount of Silver trophies, good amount of Gold, and no Bronzes. From either a gamer's perspective or a Trophy Hunter's, The Order: 1886 is very enjoyable and amazing.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

The Order: 1886. Biggest complaint I ever head (and most frequent too) was it was way to quick and that made people angry who spent $60 (or more if there were other editions, which I do not know if there were/are) on the game to be done with it in a weekend (and of course you can do it less then a work day now with all the guides out there to assist in both the game and the trophies). In fact, those complaints had me not buy the game until I saw it on sale for roughly $10 on the PS Store. I enjoyed the game immensely. It is quick but you know that now going in and the game is at a decent price and goes on sale at least twice a year. Definitely worth picking up for a great game, quick platinum, decent amount of Silver trophies, good amount of Gold, and no Bronzes. From either a gamer's perspective or a Trophy Hunter's, The Order: 1886 is very enjoyable and amazing.

I agree. Literally the only thing that irritates me about that game is how short it was other than that I absolutely love the order 1886. Hopefully one day sony realized the potential of this game and let’s the developers make a sequel especially since it ended with a sequel in mind.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is a short (~7h) and easy platinum, but one absolutly worth playing.  

Undertale is divisive. I have mixed feelings, but it's also short and easy, but conveys a message that will make you think long after you're done with the game. 

I would never play a game only because it's an easy platinum, so I cannot really comment on (short) games that ain't worth playing. I'd just hope people would stop supporting the development of garbage games by spending even 2$ on something like Little Adventure on the Prairie, where even the dev admitted putting it quickly together with the sole purpose of getting a quick buck from trophy hunters to fund a bigger project of his. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuchRemorse said:

Well how would you know if it's worth playing or not if you haven't played it? 1f914.png

Exactly! ? Which is why I only gave examples of games I've played that I think are worth checking out ?

But seriously, I generally do research the games that I play, so whenever I see something like My Name is Mayo, I don't need to play it to know it's not worth playing for me. What I cannot do is comment on what's not worth playing generally without having played the game myself. 

Little Adventures on the Prairie is an exception because of the fact I stated above... it was quickly put together for easy money. There is an article going around somewhere about this. 

1 hour ago, ARH65512 said:

My Name is Mayo...

Nah, just kidding. But in all seriousness, there's Telltale games (most, not all though) are just beating the game but they're fun, most of the time. Sad to see them go. :(

Also, Grim Fandango is easily one of my favorite games. Granted, you'll likely need a full video guide since the game has a lot of missable trophies, but it's not going to take you long. There's other games like The Bunker and Late Shift, but to be fair, I feel I praise them more as movies than games. Just my opinion.

There's also Life is Strange, but I'm one of the few who didn't enjoy it that much. 

I enjoy most of the telltale games other than game of thrones it just bored me especially with Garret. Horrible pacing dull characters meaningless choices and dramatic game changing events that come out of nowhere the worst ones were the death of quiver who we just met and didn’t care about and the betrayal of whoever you didn’t choose for sentinel 

I have three quick Platinums, i.e. under a day of play time to get the Trophies.

1. The Order: 1886 - Discussed above but amazing game, worth price now and even more so when on sale.
  2. Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - I got this game as I had been eyeing it for awhile as I love a good tactics game (look forward with much anticipation for Final Fantasy Tactics to come to the PS4 with Trophies) but to primarily confirm the guide written (Regalia guide) for the game could be followed step-by-step as it is laid out and you get the Platinum. Yes, you do. I have not gone back to play the game to enjoy it for a game yet but do have plans to do so. Just maybe not this year as I have Trophy goals for 2019 (Mat's Trophy Goals) I want to see if I can accomplish.
  3. Gem Smashers - I saw this game on a friend's profile and thought it looked really neat and fun to play. It had a great amount of Gold Trophies, quick Platinum on top of what looked to be fun, and I needed it to get my Platinum for February as FFX-2 was FAR more grindy and time consuming then I thought it would be originally. Well, Gem Smashers totally was not worth the on sale price of $3.50 I got it for and grew very frustrated and enjoyed it less and less each passing round. Controls were difficult to master, death blocks were too sensitive, and bosses always were a different color then what you were and therefore, couldn't be damaged.

So of my three "fast Plats" (what I consider fast by the Plats being obtained in under a day though 12 hours is more accurate), in order of worth it to not worth it:

1. Worth it all the way.
  2. Probably worth it but can't say with certainty.
  3. Not worth it at all unless maybe you got it free somehow.
Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

1 minute ago, SuchRemorse said:

How wrong you are lol.... I just played this for free on my trial of playstation Now and I don't even think it's worth it. Horrible game. So boring and annoying.

Well, read the whole paragraph under that entry and you will see I say I was wrong and that the game is not worth it at all at the price I paid for it and thought maybe it be okay for free but it looks like you say differently.

19 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well, read the whole paragraph under that entry and you will see I say I was wrong and that the game is not worth it at all at the price I paid for it and thought maybe it be okay for free but it looks like you say differently.

Yes I know. I was just commenting and agreeing with you about that one comment you said. 

I used to love Artifex Mundi games (hidden objects); they're probably my favorite easy/fast platinums. However, I was a bit burnt out by them after playing so many back to back, so I need to take a break before playing the rest of these hidden object games. Apart from me being burnt out, they're a lot of fun and I highly recommend them!

The worst game? The game you should avoid at all cost? Albedo. Even reading the name makes me want to scream, I think I hated everything about this game. 

Edited by Izul

21 minutes ago, Izul said:

The worst game? The game you should avoid at all cost? Albedo.

I can't even get out of the first room. I tried 3 different times. Not because I can't figure it out. I just move around a bit and then I remember how much I hate everything about this game. The game is trash. The controls are horrible. I try and then i'm just like ehhhhhhh no.. and I turn it off lol

I liked the following short games...

The "GO"-Games

Lara Croft GO and Hitman GO

Color Guardians

Gem Smashers

The Order

Murdered

All Telltale Games

Seasons after fall

Coffin Dodgers

Waking Violet

Fullblast

All of the artifex-mundi games (like Eventide, Nightmares of the Deep etc)

Paranormal Activity VR

Volume

InkSplosion

Devious Dungeon

Twin Robots

Undertale

Deponia

Severed

Teslagrad

N.E.R.O.

:)

1 hour ago, Izul said:

The worst game? The game you should avoid at all cost? Albedo. Even reading the name makes me want to scream, I think I hated everything about this game. 

Yeah! I totally agree!

Albedo was a pain. And when I started "One more dungeon" I was so annoyed that i deleted it before the first Trophy popped. The worst ratalaika game I've ever seen. I think I will never play it.

Edited by Belphega2208