PS4 clock exploit isn't working

my last trophy is to get 1,000,000 Lums and I only have 480,000. So naturally, I'd just abuse the pet room by visiting it for 1,000 Lums, then changing the date and repeating. This has been confirmed to work, and only takes ~5 hours to get the remaining ~500k

...but it's not working for me. I'm using manual date/time, and I've even tried disabling internet entirely. I also close the app before altering the date, obviously. But regardless, 1 day later or 1 month later, the Pet Room coins are never respawning... 

what am i missing?? it's supposed to work :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

It's the same trophy on your profile as people who exploited it, there's no way to distinguish whether someone used it or not. Your comment is irrelevant to the topic which is simply asking if it is possible to do the glitch and whether he's doing it right. Unfortunately having never played this game I can't give an answer to the original topic, but I think there are more important things to worry about in life than the way someone is acquiring trophies on PSN.

Your comment is irrelevant to the Topic too. Congratulations.

• Like 2

i never could get that exploit to work properly, but doing those daily challenges and visiting the pet room normally should get you to the goal no problem.

if don't have it by the time lvl 11 of awesomeness that is bad news :(.

to anyone with the same issue, I figured it out thanks to Gage. Here's the exact order of steps:

Pickup coins

leave the room

advance time 1 day

go back in room

no need to close the app. Make sure you double-tap the PS button to change time much quicker. Takes <45 seconds for 1k Lums

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i never could get that exploit to work properly, but doing those daily challenges and visiting the pet room normally should get you to the goal no problem.

if don't have it by the time lvl 11 of awesomeness that is bad news :(.

For a moment i was also wondering how it's possible to have the 1Mil Lums as the final missing trophy but you have the reach lvl 11 awesomness trophy. He is playing a version of the game that doesn't require that trophy to obtain the plat.

17 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

to anyone with the same issue, I figured it out thanks to Gage. Here's the exact order of steps:

Pickup coins

leave the room

advance time 1 day

go back in room

no need to close the app. Make sure you double-tap the PS button to change time much quicker. Takes <45 seconds for 1k Lums

:fingerguns:

1 minute ago, Kuro-Okami said:

For a moment i was also wondering how it's possible to have the 1Mil Lums as the final missing trophy but you have the reach lvl 11 awesomness trophy. He is playing a version of the game that doesn't require that trophy to obtain the plat.

Yeah when the Chinese version launched it didn't have online at all, so you had to grind out the 1 million entirely offline. If you play it now you'd get it if you started on the Chinese version and were doing the online, but if you do it after the WW version so you have the online progress carry over you still have to grind out the million, and this is the fastest way to do it. 

Obviously going through the challenges which usually take a few weeks time to possibly a few months is too much to ask for some people.

The clock exploit works for games like Fallout Shelter. I used that to get my platinum trophy. Other games like Rayman Legends you may need to do a few technical things on the side.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:31 AM, Sergen said:

It's the same trophy on your profile as people who exploited it, there's no way to distinguish whether someone used it or not. Your comment is irrelevant to the topic which is simply asking if it is possible to do the glitch and whether he's doing it right. Unfortunately having never played this game I can't give an answer to the original topic, but I think there are more important things to worry about in life than the way someone is acquiring trophies on PSN.

As someone who used a number of exploits myself I couldn't care less unless the person was outright cheating the trophies. Even then I still wouldn't care too much, because I'm not here to judge what people should and shouldn't do to earn trophies.

Edited by Spaz