Store Region

Asia covers a lot of different stores but the main 2 are Hong Kong and Japan but only Hong Kong and a select few other countries have their store in English, thus can be a pain to navigate if you don't know the language:

China (Is a pain to access if you don't live there, since you need a Chinese Citizen's card to make an account)

Hong Kong

South Korea (Is a pain to access if you don't live there, since you need a South Korean National Insurance number to make an account)

Japan (Requires a JP credit card to buy Z rated games)

Singapore

Malaysia

Indonesia

Taiwan

...and a load more but the above are the main ones I know.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

@HuntingFever thank you for your answer.

To be sure I understand this, an example:

https://i.imgur.com/lBDA4Md.png

In the picture we see 4 stackable trophies for each of the following regions:

* JP

* AS

* EU

* NA

NA = US Store, EU = e.g. United Kingdom or German store, JP = Japanese store. If the japanese region is part of the asian region, how can there be an addtional region JP? And what about the AS region in this case? Did the customer bought the title in the Hong Kong store for example and this is the AS version? Or are there sometimes different version for the asia market, too?

This is what I don't understand at the moment.

The JP store is its own separate entity with its own exclusive content, thus you will need a JP account to access it. The Asian games are found in every other PS Store in Continental Asia e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia etc. but the Hong Kong store is the one which the majority of gamers/trophy hunters get their Asian stacks from. For something like Sound Shapes, you would need PSN accounts in the following Regions/countries before you could buy the requisite copies of the game:

EU (Can be anywhere in Europe e.g. UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain etc.)

US

Hong Kong or Singapore, Malaysia etc.

Japan

For a game like Daggerhood, you would need the following accounts:

EU

US

Asia

In this case, Asia also includes Japan because the devs only did the one list for the whole Asia so it doesn't matter which store you use - you will only have the one Asian list on your profile. Asia and Japan are often one and the same thing where stacks are concerned but sometimes, e.g. Sound Shapes, Asia and Japan will be regarded as separate entities and thus will get separate lists for both versions of the game. @BlindMango Can you help shine some light on the complexities of region stacks?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

@BlindMango Can you help shine some light on the complexities of region stacks?

Yeah, you've actually given a really great description about it, so there's not too much to add actually :P 

Basically though, the most complicated one is Asia (AS). Typically Hong Kong is almost always included in AS, otherwise it has its own region (HK). Asia typically includes several countries/regions depending on the game, including: Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia Indonesia, Taiwan, China (Rarely). That being said, sometimes games will release in some Asian countries but not others. Sometimes Japan will have its own trophy list, same with South Korea. So if a game has a JP trophy list and an AS trophy list, it means the AS trophy list is everything except for Japan. Like HuntingFever said, getting a Hong Kong account is always your best bet for Asian (AS) lists!

Other things to note are sometimes Middle Eastern countries and South American countries (Such as Brazil) are included in the North American list. Australia is typically included in the EU list (Except for some exceptions like Saints Row), and so on.

There's always exceptions here and there but I'd say basically having a US account, a UK account, HK account, and JP account will have you covered mostly.

But as we all know, all this mess just makes me wish developers actually organized everything so it's 1 list per game and Sony enforced that organization, but one can dream :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

But as we all know, all this mess just makes me wish developers actually organized everything so it's 1 list per game and Sony enforced that organization, but one can dream :P

Amen to that! It's a royal pain in the ass having to correct developer's mistakes because they can't be bothered to tag and organize their lists properly ?.

• Like 1

The Japanese store just has Japanese games, no other languages available. You also need to use psn cards as it doesn't accept non-japanese cards or even paypal accounts, and you can't buy Cero Z (18+) games since it requires purchase with credit card to prove your age. 

I think the Hong Kong and Singapore stores have games in English as well