Attack Cards

Okay, going back to this game, playing as Sora right now and I am curious about something.  I assume that his strength doesn't get an increase while he levels up too, but instead, is his damage output determined by the card he's used at the time? And yeah, I do mean normal attack cards, not the magic or summon cards.  And if so, how do I determine which ones do give out more of a damage output?

Fair enough.  I was looking at the Attack part where it has a rating to at least guide me a bit about that.  Trying to keep my numbered cards high in this regard, as in, 9s first and 8s as well.  I know that doesn't have anything to do with attack power, but it helps to break enemy cards.

But yeah, might have to look into the cards a bit more to figure out which would be the best ones to use.  I've not cleared Sora's story yet, so I've not gotten all his attack cards available for use such as the Ultimate Weapon, or Diamond Dust and others (only up to Destiny Islands).

This is an interesting aspect of the game, because every card has a different damage according to its order in the combo attacks (1st, 2nd, combo finisher). They should be written in the Jiminy's journal, but I add a link here:

http://www.khguides.com/kh-com/attack-cards/

For example, the Divine Rose has these damages:

1st attack: A

2nd attack: D+

3rd (combo finisher): C

As you can see, the Divine Rose is great when you use it for opening a combo, but is trash when is in the middle (the damage is the same of the Kingdom Key, which has all D+).

I don't know if this order is applied also in the sleights, but I wrote down all the attacks and I used this order also in them, just to be sure. ?

• Like 1