Anthem Causing PS4 Consoles To Shut Down During Gameplay

I have had a few game crashes with playing Anthem on my already 6 year old ps4. But I've also got those same kind of crashes with Destiny 1 and 2. Destiny 2 only a few in the beginning. Hell, even got a game crash with Darksiders 3 before a patch was released. 

Anthem is kinda similar to Destiny 1 in my perspective. Not saying that there will be a Anthem 2 or the gameplay is better/worse or EA vs Bungie kinda stuff.

Don't care actually.

Don't know if there was a hate/love battle thingy going on with Destiny 1, but it sure had its rocky start too. With people even saying that Bungie will be dead and stuff. 

I'm guessing that people are forgetting that multiple games that are released these days, are almost always with bugs, glitches and all sorts of stupid stuff. Probably because of the pressure from higher-ups or something to make more money and bring the game in the store ASAP instead of intensively testing out the game. 

Even if the game was tested, there could still be bugs hidden all over the place, because that is what bugs do... Hide and annoy the freaking sh*t out of you. 

Before or after the release, I can also imagine that finding a bug or glitch can be very difficult even with the knowledge of what the bug or whatever does. Anyone who has ever designed something with several programs ( doesn't matter which ones) will know that no project has ever gone smoothly on the first try or even after 6 tries.

Anyone who has written codes will know that finding a missing " } " sign or dot could take forever and even finding the problem in the code could create 27 more problems. 

As long people keep on reporting the crashes, bugs, glitches, lost loot because of the crashes( which annoys me the most), ... I'm sure the devs will try to fix things. Maybe the game will become decent or even good. ( If you like the gameplay) 

The gameplay is fun, bugs and crashes not so fun. Giving the experience a "meh" kinda feeling in my honest opinion. I sure do hope they fix things, the sooner the better ofcourse but I am not expecting a fix in the next few weeks. Maybe too late to save the game, maybe not. Time will tell. 

Bought the game at launch to get the $10 pre-order bonus from Best Buy but I've kept it sealed. I was thinking about installing it today until I read about the crashing. Guess I'll keep it in the shrinkwrap a while longer to see if they patch these issues otherwise I'll return it before my 45 day Elite Plus return period expires. 

I think there is too much hate train and fan boying going on. 

People can call it a piece of sh!t and the likes..... fine whatever.

People can defend it till the cows come home....... fine whatever. 

I am playing it and enjoying it. I'm not gunna try and make people like the game. But really, if you don't wanna play it and hate it p!ss off and let people enjoy it. Yeah it's got flaws. Crashes suck. And the load times are rubbish (skyrim or fallout 4 bad).

No need for all this pointing finger crap that's going on. And no need to post stuff to get people backs up. Post useful stuff to help others. If O.P. meant to inform he/she went about it the wrong way. 

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, mattveego said:

This Anthem hate train has been fascinating to watch. Nobody's consoles are breaking from a game crash. That doesn't even make sense.

This entire past month for this game has been such a strange release. You've got people on one side trying to tear the game down at every opportunity and then people on the other side defending glaring flaws in a project that clearly was not ready to be called anything more than a beta. 

Nothing is ever allowed to just be average in this industry

Well, from my limited knowledge of the game (though extensive research - I have an interest in Bioware's existence, but not for this franchise), Anthem is below average.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, Valyrious said:

BioWare is fucking dead.

I remember when people were excited for Anthem. "It's going to be different from Andromeda. It's BioWare's A team working on it!"

How the mighty have fallen.

It's a  shame, too. I love their SP RPGs.

To be fair, though, what did EA, or fans, think? Bioware has never been known for releasing bug-free products on day 1. You could deal with it in the SP franchises, since, you know, it was SP. But that's like trusting Bethesda to create an MP experience that is bug-free.

No one would do that, right? ?

Supposedly Sony is offering refunds no questions asked for digital copies. My PS4 hard crashed twice while getting the plat. The fact that it could have bricked twice is pretty scary. Probably gonna get the refund and pick this game up again if it adds more content/trophies when it's cheaper.

Edit: Gave it a try and they wouldn't refund me. Having 100% of the trophies indicates that the game is working correctly to Sony. I get that, but it is an important reminder of why having a physical copy has advantages.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

I’ve experienced Anthem and other games crash my system before. Do you know how I react? “Ohh, that’s unfortunate” then boot my PS4 back up, but, by all means, rage at EA and BioWare. I mean EA kinda deserve it but at is point are we surprise. 

19 minutes ago, DannPS said:

Has the new patch fixed the crashing errors? 

Crashed on me once so far while doing a Stronghold.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Crashed on me once so far while doing a Stronghold.

Crashed the ps4 or the application? 

Sorry I should have been more clear, people refer to it as bricking your ps4, I meant has that been fixed? 

3 minutes ago, DannPS said:

Crashed the ps4 or the application? 

Sorry I should have been more clear, people refer to it as bricking your ps4, I meant has that been fixed? 

Application. I'm not sure about bricking the PS4.