All win screens

Xugashi

Hey ya'll!

I have a question regarding the win screens on Shantae: Friends to the End DLC, do I need to get all the win screens at once in order for the trophy to pop or can I do them separately? For instance if I do the speedrun and the squidrun in two separate playthroughs? That would make the speedrun less taxing since its pretty difficult already. Could really use some confirmation on this.

• 2 months later...

Shantae can be rather obscure when it comes to finding DLC's guides and the time requirements for speedruns and 100% speedruns. I cannot answer if the win screens can be done separately, that is, I don't know if a win screen is saved once each DLC mode has only one save slot each, and you have to overwrite it every time you wanna start a new run. But, in the other hand, every time I complete a run in any DLC mode a golden star appears on the mode select screen...

The thing is, one of the win screens in every mode requires you to complete a 100% item collection speedrun. Doing so will unlock all the other win screens anyway, so there's no point in worrying about win screen progression.

If I remember correctly, base game and each DLC have these win screens requirements:

1 - Beat the game;

2 - Beat the game as fast as possible;

3 - Collect 100% of items and

4 - Beat the game as fast as possible while collecting 100% of items.

I'm not sure of the 100% speedrun time limit of Friends to the End, I'm gonna do it today, I know 1h30 is allowed, not sure if any time past that will give you the win screen. But there are plenty of YouTube walkthroughs if you're having trouble with the speedruns. Good luck!

GravityQueeen.png

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, Xugashi said:

Hey ya'll!

I have a question regarding the win screens on Shantae: Friends to the End DLC, do I need to get all the win screens at once in order for the trophy to pop or can I do them separately? For instance if I do the speedrun and the squidrun in two separate playthroughs? That would make the speedrun less taxing since its pretty difficult already. Could really use some confirmation on this.

You do not have to get the win screens in a single run. Even if you start a new game it will keep track of your previous screens, I know for a fact that I didn’t earn the DLC trophies I have in single playthroughs.

• Like 3