"Come Back, Kenny!" Done Offline

soliunasm

This is more for the people who are trying to get this with the AI partners in a simple and easy way on the offline version of Comrades. I was seeing if I could get this through regular play but after nothing from almost 30 hours of play I had to figure out a method that worked alright to get it in a reasonable amount of time.

1. Make sure that you have weapons that are good enough to clear mid to endgame content so that you don't have to worry about dying and you can easily pick off any monster.
  2. Create a new Avatar, the stats don't matter, just make sure you equip everything like you would your main.
  3. Pick the mission "Double Deadeyes" and make sure you don't pick anything up at the camp, just start the mission.
  4. Immediately begin by taking out the two Deadeyes wandering around, then the Havocfangs that spawn.
  5. When the Behemoth spawns with its Havocfangs you want to take out all of the Havocfangs to make this easier for you later on. Make sure you whittle the Behemoth's health down to roughly 50%, you can go a bit more if you want but don't go past 25%.
  6. After everything but the Behemoth is dead look to the right side of the arena (From where you started the map) and you should see a silver utility pole that you can point warp to. Do so.
  7. As long as you stay up on the pole (Meaning don't touch your controller) nothing can hit you even though the Behemoth looks like he can. The Havocfangs can confuse you but you won't get knocked off so don't worry about that if you did happen to miss one.
  8. Now you want to wait for your AI partners to die twice, once from them eating their food and once after that. This is to prevent the AI from picking up any of the food that's littered around the map and preventing any stray survivors picking something up if they manage to survive in a dead state near the end of the round. This will take roughly 5-10 minutes easily, they will keep curing each other over and over and the AI on bosses is both slow and whiffs a lot but if you have enough patience eventually the Behemoth will take them all out. Remember, make sure they are fully dead, you don't want them injured where they can be cured back to health, they need to have a 0 on their HP bar and no food.
  9. Once the Behemoth has killed everyone just warp in and mop up the rest of its HP. If you do get hit and you're near the woods you can run between the trees to confuse the Behemoth's pathing a bit giving you enough time to recover. If your base HP is roughly 1400 you can survive about three hits while injured.
  10. Assuming you did everything right you should go into the rewards screen with no items on anyone, however it's still random if you get Monica or Jeffry.
  • If you do not get the correct person and you have done the level twice then delete that avatar and make a new one. The AI starts gaining more health the more you level and you should be at around level 7 the first run through then 9 or 10 the second so it's better to just refresh yourself so they have less HP.

It took me about four attempts to actually get him to spawn this way, roughly 40ish minutes (First attempt was even worse and longer because I was trying on the snake which whiffs its attacks even more), but I can confirm it works at the very least. You have to make sure no one is alive, they don't have any items on their bodies (Indicated at the bottom-right), and that you don't have an item on you when you finish the level for the best chance at encountering him.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 9:02 PM, dRoxas88 said:

Been trying this method at least for two hours a day and no luck with Kenny, been a week now.

Is this pure RNG or there are other things that can trigger this guy to show up?

It's entirely RNG, everything I found online regarding how he spawns was tied to having no food and no one surviving besides you at the end. Whether or not he appears is just dumb luck even if you meet those requirements.