PS3 RPG leaderboard

ichab

Hi everone,

a while ago I started to create a rpg specific leaderboard in a small German board called www.ps3-rollenspiele.de and expanded it to a quite big international trophy site. The bigger the leaderboard grew the less clear the whole table got so I started a small homepage.

If you love RPGs and want to join the site just post your ID and preferably your RPG percents on this page (see explanation below)

If I defy any rules in this forum please let me know, I just want to share my hobby with you :-)

>>> to the leaderboard website >>>

leaderboard_conditions.png
REQUIREMENTS: You need at least 5 platinum trophies to join! The reason is to keep the upcoming work at a moderate level :)

Just post your RPG percents in the following way:

Alpha Protocol: 100% platinum
Dragon Age 2: 40%
Nier: 100% platinum
Sacred 2: 100% platinum
Trinity Universe: 61%
Two Worlds 2: 50%
Venetica: 100% platinum
etc ...

leaderboard_rules.png

• I will update the database regularly
  • If you got an update, please post it and I will add your new stats
  • Please make sure that you have synchronized your account when you post new stats.
  • The list is sorted by your average percents, NOT by the number of platinum trophies
  • The list contains all PSN, PSVita and Retail games available in Japan, North America or/and Europe
  • If you think there's a game that should be on the list propose it in this thread.
  • You can discuss about adding/removing a game from the list but in the end I decide commonsensibly (hopefully ;))
  • Games with multiple trophy lists can be added so that you can get more than 100%. Two platinum trophies (US and EU for example) are 200%.
  • The weighting of each game is taken from psnprofiles.com. It simplifies the computation a lot :-)
  • Excuse my English ...
  • Like 1

Borderlands 2 100%

Borderlands 100%

Demons Souls US 100%

DND Daggerdale 100%

Final Fantasy 13 100%

Final Fantasy 13-2 100%

Ni No Kunin 100%

Rainbow Moon 100%

Resonance of Fate 100%

The Baconing 100%

War in the North 100%

Deathspank 1 100%

Deathspank 2 100%

Skyrim plat + some dlc

oh... and Darksiders 2 is listed but i don't see darksiders 1. I have the first Darksiders 100%.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

Welcome, first member from this psnprofiles in the leaderboard :-)

About Darksiders: I guess there will be similar discussions here as they were in the other forums... ;-)

Some games are hard to classify. Do they have enough rpg elements or not? Terraria, Rage, Far Cry 3 and Darksiders for example were proposed and refused because the focus lie on other genre specific elements like action or adventure games. Darksiders 2 got more RPG elements than Darksiders and was considered as a hybrid between adventure and RPG ... as Dungeon Defenders is a hybrid between RPG and tower defense.

There are people that would delete Borderlands and Dead Island from the list, others want to add 3D Dot Game Heroes and Terraria. The tendency is that people want to add those doubtful games that they got platin at and delete those they don't like *g*

Edited by ichab

Maybe you should make it more clear as to what you are looking for. Technically an RPG is a ROLE playing game, so any game where you play a role (which is pretty much every game made) could be considered an RPG.

Now if you mean JRPG or WRPG then that falls into a smaller category. Also games like Darksiders and 3D Dot are more action adventure games as opposed to RPGs but on that same token I feel games like Mass Effect are more 3rd person shooters than an RPG as well (I mean Heavy Rain and Walking Dead feel more like an RPG than Mass Effect does).

Borderlands- 100% platinum

Borderlands 2- 90% platinum

Mass Effect- 100% platinum

Mass Effect 2 - 100% platinum

Mass Effect 3- 80% platinum

Final Fantasy XIII - 100% platinum

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 100% platinum

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 85% platinum

Ni no Kuni - 100% platinum

Skyrim - 1%

Disgaea 4- 15%

The Baconing - 61%

VITA:

Persona 4 Golden - 100% plat

Disgaea 3- 100% plat

Soul Sacrifice- 100% plat

Edited by A-Brawl3r

Borderlands 100% :platinum:

Borderlands 2 100% :platinum:

Disgaea 3 1% :platinum:

Dragon Age 100% :platinum:

Dragon Age II 100% :platinum:

Fallout 100% :platinum:

Fallout: New Vegas 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 100% :platinum:

Free Realms 52%

Kingdoms of Amalur 100% :platinum:

Last Rebellion 100% :platinum:

Mass Effect 7%

Nier 1%

Sacred 2 20%

Skyrim 94% :platinum:

Great ... first day and 3 new members :)

@Dr_Mayus: There are so many opinions about what feels like RPG and what not ... I have to draw the line at some point .. imho Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead are like "point'n'click adventures 2.0", the descendants of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and Maniac Mansion.

As you already said, ROLEPLAYING games let you play a role. That means you can choose the way you play. I think there are two basic approaches ... rpgs where you can choose how to play your character and rpgs where you can choose how to play the story and ideally both.

So stats,skills, appearance etc. can be rpg elements but being able to make decisions and change the story and the environment (like in Dragon Age or Mass Effect) can be rpg elements, too.

I fear my ability to express my thoughts in English are limited, hope you get my point :)

I def don't think of Walking Dead as an RPG but I do feel like Borderlands and Mass Effect is some of the most sketchy games on this list. My main reasoning is that I tend to think of RPG's being strategy focused in terms of combat and not requiring the user to have gaming skills like you need for the shooting elements of those series.

But you know, not saying you should remove them because if you did I wouldn't be eligible anymore and someday I'm gonna move out of last place haha.

Very cool hobby you have ichab.

I def don't think of Walking Dead as an RPG but I do feel like Borderlands and Mass Effect is some of the most sketchy games on this list. My main reasoning is that I tend to think of RPG's being strategy focused in terms of combat and not requiring the user to have gaming skills like you need for the shooting elements of those series.

Most everyone considers Mass Effect and Borderlands RPG's, they're a different type but they are definitely considered RPG's.

Fallout 3 - 97% :platinum:

Fallout: New Vegas - 53% :platinum:

Deus Ex - 85% :platinum:

Rage - 86% :platinum:

Ni no Kuni - 22%

Mass Effect 3 - 72% :platinum:

Alpha Protocol - 100% :platinum:

Costume Quest - 97%

Mass Effect 2 - 95% :platinum:

Skyrim - 69% :platinum:

Demon's Souls - 100% :platinum:

Dark Souls - 100% :platinum:

Dead Island - 83% :platinum:

Edited by Bullstomp

Most everyone considers Mass Effect and Borderlands RPG's, they're a different type but they are definitely considered RPG's.

You shouldn't speak for "most everyone" unless you have something to back it up.

While ps3trophies.org has classified Mass Effect under Role Playing, they've classified Borderlands under Shooters. How they come to these conclusions is anybodies guess.

I got mocked on that site for comparing Borderlands to Bioshock. I guess an FPS game where you collect Adam and use it to level up your health (hit points) and Eve (mana) and upgrade your abilities could never be considered an RPG. My only question is why. Is it because you don't get experience points for killing enemies. Admit it. That's the one element that is being used to classify these games. If you get experience points for killing something, you're an RPG?

It even holds true for Deus Ex, which I'm pretty sure most people would classify as a Stealth/Espionage game.

Edited by lporiginalg

You shouldn't speak for "most everyone" unless you have something to back it up.

While ps3trophies.org has classified Mass Effect under Role Playing, they've classified Borderlands under Shooters. How they come to these conclusions is anybodies guess.

I got mocked on that site for comparing Borderlands to Bioshock. I guess an FPS game where you collect Adam and use it to level up your health (hit points) and Eve (mana) and upgrade your abilities could never be considered an RPG. My only question is why. Is it because you don't get experience points for killing enemies. Admit it. That's the one element that is being used to classify these games. If you get experience points for killing something, you're an RPG?

It even holds true for Deus Ex, which I'm pretty sure most people would classify as a Stealth/Espionage game.

When I type in PS3 RPG's in google both Borderlands and Mass Effect get mentioned. If you go to Gamestop, Amazon, ect. they fall under RPG and shooters, I didn't think I needed to back it up but you obviously got upset over something so trivial as difference in opinion. Most people I talk to do consider both games RPG's and so do most sites I use.

While Mass Effect and Borderlands are shooter esque it doesn't make them shooters completely. There's way to much customization in Borderlands to be recognized as only a shooter and I never said anything about Bioshock or Deus Ex.

• Like 1

Who says I'm upset? My point is simply that if you google something like "borderlands rpg" you'll see plenty of threads were people discuss it and argue both sides. It's certainly a lot more contentious issue then to say, for example, that Wizardry isn't an RPG. It's just kind of silly to say that something is generally accepted when it fact it's often contested.

*edit* To clarify further, my problem isn't with your opinion, it's with you speaking on behalf of the masses in a case where there's actually a divide on opinions.

Edited by lporiginalg

There are a lot of RPG games on that database that I've been interested in the past and may some day have to get *_* Also, I need to work on the ones I already have xD

Costume Quest: 100%

DC Universe Online/DCUO: 15%

DeathSpank: 100%
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue: 100%

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice: 8%

Dragon Age II: 100% platinum

Dragon Age Origins: 100% platinum

Dragon's Dogma:  78%

Dungeon Siege III: 26%

Faery: Legends of Avalon: 100%

Final Fantasy XIII: 100% platinum

Final Fantasy XIII-2: 100% platinum

Game of Thrones: 100% platinum

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: 100% platinum

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2: 100% platinum

Mass Effect: 15%

Mass Effect 2: 100% platinum

Mass Effect 3: 100% platinum

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes: 4%

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: 100% platinum

NIER: 100% platinum

Of Orcs and Men: 100% platinum

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode One: 100%

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode Two: 100%

Persona 4 Golden: 100% platinum

Risen 2 - Dark Waters: 100% platinum

Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel: 11%

The Baconing - 100%

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: 89%

Two Worlds II: 100% platinum

White Knight Chronicles: 7%

BioShock [uS] 84% Platinum

BioShock [JP] 93% Platinum

BioShock 2 88% Platinum

BioShock Infinite Platinum

Borderlands 57% Platinum

Borderlands 2 32%

Dark Souls 100%

Dead Island 100%

Demon's Souls 300%

Deus Ex: Human Revolution 100%

Disgaea 3 (US) [PS3] 7%

Disgaea 3 (US) [PSV] 68%

Disgaea 4 [uS] 1%

Dragon Age II 71%

Dragon Age 27%

Fear:2 20%

Fallout 3 100%

Fallout: Glitch Vegas 54%

Final Fantasy XIII 69%

Frobisher Says 58%

HyperDimension Neptunia 23%

InFamous:Festival of Blood 100%

Last Rebellion [uS] Platinum 

LEGO Indiana Jones [uS] 1%

Mass Effect 2 100%

Mass Effect 3 10%

Nier 47%

Resonance of Fate Platinum 

Star Ocean The Last Hope: International 8%

Super Hang On 100%

Tales of Graces f [uS] Platinum 

Skyrim 100%

Way of The Samurai 3 [uS] Platinum 

White Knight Chronicles [uS] 2% 

ビビッドレッド・オペレーション あかねとマヨっとオペレーション!

Edited by killerJAZZ420
  • Like 1

I guess I can post my list too..

Agarest Generations of War Zero - 37%

Alpha Protocol - 100% :platinum:

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland - 100% :platinum: 

Cross Edge - 100% :platinum:

Dark Souls - 100% :platinum:

Demons Souls - 2 x 100% (US & EU) :platinum: :platinum:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 100% :platinum:

Disgaea 3 - 100% :platinum:

Disgaea 4 - 100% :platinum:

Dragon Age: Origin - 27%

Fallout 3 - 100% :platinum:

Fallout: New Vegas - 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII - 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 100% :platinum:

Last Rebellion - 100% :platinum:

Nier - 100% :platinum:

Resonance of Fate - 100% :platinum:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International- - 100% :platinum:

Tales of Grace F - 100% :platinum:

Trinity Universe - 100% :platinum:

White Knight Chronicles - 100% :platinum:

The issue here is definantely  that RPG is pretty much any game, you or anyone else, has ever played. While most of these games are RPGs they are almost all part of many genres, so there is no accurate way to judge this, without someone complaining about how such and such game wasn't an RPG or so and so are. If you want to do this you need to figure out exactly what the elements of an RPG are and then decide on a base number of them, necessary to make the list or decide which of the elements are necessary and which aren't... either way it will involve quite alot of effort to find which games make the cut.

• Like 1

The issue here is definantely  that RPG is pretty much any game, you or anyone else, has ever played. While most of these games are RPGs they are almost all part of many genres, so there is no accurate way to judge this, without someone complaining about how such and such game wasn't an RPG or so and so are. If you want to do this you need to figure out exactly what the elements of an RPG are and then decide on a base number of them, necessary to make the list or decide which of the elements are necessary and which aren't... either way it will involve quite alot of effort to find which games make the cut.

My thoughts exactly. There should be a more clear criteria than whether or not the devs stamped RPG on the box.

As I stated already I think the list would be more legit if you removed the shooters. If you're going to keep them I'd like to hear the reasoning why Bioshock isn't on there. I think the popularity of these games means that more and more you are going to be seeing these elements in every game, leveling up and skill trees, even racing games. XCOM has all these elements, but it's obviously first and foremost a turn based stategy game.

Another way to do it, would be in the cases where a game is cross genre, simply ask yourself, if you can pick only one genre which would make the most sense? I think to say that BL and ME are more RPG's than they are Shooters is a stretch and a half.

Atelier Rorona 100%
Borderlands 200%
Borderlands 2 100%
Costume Quest 100%
Dark Souls 100%
Darksiders 2 100%
Dead Island 100%
Deathspank 100%
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue 100%
Demon's Souls 300%
Dues Ex 100%
Dragon Age 100%
Dragon Age 2 100%
Faery 100%
Fallout 3 100%
Fallout New Vegas 100%
Final Fantasy 13 100%
Final Fantasy 13-2 100%
Game of Thrones 100%
Hyperdimension Neptunia 100%
Hyperdimension mk2 100%
Hyperdimension Victory 100%
Last Rebellion 200%
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Platinum 85%
Mass Effect 1 100%
Mass Effect 2 100%
Mass Effect 3 4%
Ni no Kuni 100%
nier 100%
orcs and men 100%
Penny arcade adventures ep 1 100%
penny arcade adventures ep 2 100%
Resonance of Fate 100%
Star Ocean 100%
Tales of Grace F 100%
The Baconing 100%
Skyrim 100%
The Lord of the Rings: war in north 100%
Trinity Universe 200%
Trinity: Souls of Zill 200%
Two Worlds 2 100%
Venetica 100%
White Knight Chronicles 5%

Great, so many new entries in one day and greets to the USA, to Portugal and Finland :-)

And a new face in the top5 ... my jaw dropped when I saw your psn level :D holy shit ...

ABOUT the classification of RPGs ... it's great to have a fertile discussion here and it will be hard to be all things to all men but there have been already some interesting point of views :-)

Edited by ichab

In my mind when I look at games, I don't see any game that you can play in first person as a role playing game. That is just my opinion though and how I view them on a personal level and when I play them. I am more use to the classic model of the role playing game now called the Jrpg. Anyone who grew up with Ultima, Dragon Warrior, and Final Fantasy would probably see it in this way.

Of course that was before graphics got a boost and games like XenoGears got put in the same catagory as Fallout. Granted now it is more about the ability to customize or even give your character perks and being able to choose what they are. That is playing a role these days. That will include games like Borderlands, Fallout or Demon's Souls.

Still in my mind, I cannot consider these RPG's. I consider an RPG where you take on role's of many people; upgrading their stats, being able to use them in battle or for story purposes. For an old Dungeons and Dragons gamer like me, Role Playing is being in a party and everyone playing a role, or you playing the role of several. White Wolf and Vampire the Masquerade were always fun in this as well.

For me role playing is not about customization or getting exp points.

I am not saying change your guide. You are right, you have to draw the line somewhere and the effort you have made to put all this information together is commendable. I am glad to be part of it. Video games and the industry have blurred the lines now and people put out games to try and reach whatever market they can.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 2

I grew up with games lika Lands of Lore, Wizardry etc. (of course I played Mystic Quest, Secret of Evermore, Zelda, Final Fantasy, too) and more important with pen&paper role playing games where you play one character, project your thoughts on them. I think games like Skyrim and Fallout are the prototypes of a roleplaying game. Whether you got 1st person, 3rd person, isometrical ore 2D view, it doesn't matter.

I grew up with games lika Lands of Lore, Wizardry etc. (of course I played Mystic Quest, Secret of Evermore, Zelda, Final Fantasy, too) and more important with pen&paper role playing games where you play one character, project your thoughts on them. I think games like Skyrim and Fallout are the prototypes of a roleplaying game. Whether you got 1st person, 3rd person, isometrical ore 2D view, it doesn't matter.

I agree with this. My mind is stuck in a group setting when it comes to RPG though. It's just me...but I agree with what your saying.