Devil May Cry 5 Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

6 hours ago, Burzzz300 said:

Worthy of Legend

I don’t quite understand the wording.  “Clear all missions with S rank on all difficulties except Heaven or Hell.”  Does this mean hell and hell is included??  Why exclude one of the harder diff but not THE hardest.

Assuming our understanding of what it includes is correct, it's really not that unreasonable. At some point in development they probably decided that balancing the point system in a mode where the enemies die in one hit was just not worth the effort.

• Like 1

Personally I will dread S rank on easy more than S on hell and hell. Goddamn monsters will die too fast.

If you learn the moveset and jump cancelling in this game, even Hell and Hell will be a breeze. Good thing the camera and combat works perfectly(assuming the demo), if you had a mess like DMC2 then yeah Hell and Hell would have been brutal.

Besides people still need to legit through Dante Must Die first xD

P.S. Although it will be added as a free DLC later... missing the Bloody Palace trophies :( Those were some sweet challenges (dmc4 memories with trish)

I was going to pre-order it but decided against it for another game, I can't wait to play it but I would rather wait for all the DLC to come out first. It's also a shame some people won't buy the game just because of the trophies which are optional and don't affect the game, just enjoy the game and stop worrying about trophies. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Its the usual DMC list Worthy of Legend will be a good challenge for skills

the real problem is getting S rank on Hell and Hell difficulty

A problem for you, you SSSuck? LOL, this is gonna be a breeze for me.?

4 minutes ago, xXDevil-_-KsAXx said:

A problem for you, you SSSuck? LOL, this is gonna be a breeze for me.?

I already got all the plats in the series except DMC 2 which its almost unplayable

what i meant by problem is that we don't know anything about the ranking system yet so it might need in extra effort this time than the previous titles

7 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

I already got all the plats in the series except DMC 2 which its almost unplayable

what i meant by problem is that we don't know anything about the ranking system yet so it might need in extra effort this time than the previous titles

If they keep the Demo style of ranking ,then it will be no problem at all pulling SSS ranks. Of course if you are unsure of your skill , try some DMC3 gameplay with dante to remember the moveset.

With nero....punchline + combos = SSS when you are in doubt

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

If they keep the Demo style of ranking ,then it will be no problem at all pulling SSS ranks. Of course if you are unsure of your skill , try some DMC3 gameplay with dante to remember the moveset.

With nero....punchline + combos = SSS when you are in doubt

That if they keep it that way it will be a breeze still all what we can do now is wait

• Like 1

Great game, terrible trophy list. Assuming that you won’t S rank all missions on all difficulties first try you’re looking at 11+ playthroughs. It’s the same as DMC4. Don’t like it.

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

True. Its definitely a chore. But this just what Dmc is suppose to be. To S rank all levels on all difficulties. A great accomplishment. Guess they made the list more for the fans rather than trophy hunters. And personally im glad for that. For once we don't see this 1-2 hours easy platinums. 

Completely agree. Not to sound smug or anything but platinuming DMC series ain't really for anyone :D I personally love when they throw in crazy challenges for us fans to overcome.

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

True. Its definitely a chore. But this just what Dmc is suppose to be. To S rank all levels on all difficulties. A great accomplishment. Guess they made the list more for the fans rather than trophy hunters. And personally im glad for that. For once we don't see this 1-2 hours easy platinums. 

Yeah, you’re right. But I kind of hoped the playthroughs and S ranks would stack. Or only give a trophy for S ranking DMD or HAH. That way you keep the difficulty of the game and makes room for some nice other trophies. I just don’t like playing through a game that many times.

29 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Yeah, you’re right. But I kind of hoped the playthroughs and S ranks would stack. Or only give a trophy for S ranking DMD or HAH. That way you keep the difficulty of the game and makes room for some nice other trophies. I just don’t like playing through a game that many times.

Im glad nothing stacks as thats DMC, extra playthroughs with upgrades. Great list imo and forces you to do everything.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Im glad nothing stacks as thats DMC, extra playthroughs with upgrades. Great list imo and forces you to do everything.

Do you really want to play on Human or Devil Hunter? I wanted to start in Son of Sparda at the very least to reduce on the boring easy playthroughs, but if I will have to do it anyway might as well start on piss easy =/.

There is nothing wrong with giving the same rank and clear for all the lower difficulties. They could just lock DMD until SoS is cleared if they don't want people to skip that much or feel compelled to bash their heads against a harder difficulty just because they can (which is still probably gonna be the case in terms of unlocking difficulties).

55 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Do you really want to play on Human or Devil Hunter? I wanted to start in Son of Sparda at the very least to reduce on the boring easy playthroughs, but if I will have to do it anyway might as well start on piss easy =/.

There is nothing wrong with giving the same rank and clear for all the lower difficulties. They could just lock DMD until SoS is cleared if they don't want people to skip that much or feel compelled to bash their heads against a harder difficulty just because they can (which is still probably gonna be the case in terms of unlocking difficulties).

I personally don't care. Pretty sure SOS and DMD are locked at the start anyway and human I will just speedrun through like I did on 4.  

The absence of the Bloody Palace-esque trophies makes this slightly easier than DMC4:SE's trophy run. Heaven of Hell run is can be a bit flukey - not too bad. Itsuno-san said on Twitter that getting S-rank is a challenge, but not as hard as DMC4:SE's steep requirements.

Still a challenging trophy list.

Edited by Eraezr