Devil May Cry 5 Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

15 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Do we know if 'restart from checkpoint' voids S rank scores? It wasn't selectable in the demo.

This was the way to do S ranks on Metal Gear Rising's Revengeance difficulty, maybe it works here.

Yes restarting a checkpoint will reduce points as it counts as using a continue. Well im 99% sure it will as every other game in the series deducts points from you.

5 hours ago, dark69knight said:

I already got all the plats in the series except DMC 2 which its almost unplayable

what i meant by problem is that we don't know anything about the ranking system yet so it might need in extra effort this time than the previous titles

Except DMC 2? 

Going to take my time and soak in the game so i'll probably be a while before I platinum the game. Saving Human mode for last personally. I like to get the road blocks out the way first so that will be my last trophy.

Edited by The-Sigma-Alpha

13 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Yes restarting a checkpoint will reduce points as it counts as using a continue. Well im 99% sure it will as every other game in the series deducts points from you.

I don't mean like dying and continuing though. The option is actually right there on the pause menu. Not sure I remember the other games having this option.

Also, this list is going to be even harder that it seems right now, once they add in Bloody Palace (unless it doesn't get trophies).

Edited by QQQ_AX

1 hour ago, QQQ_AX said:

I don't mean like dying and continuing though. The option is actually right there on the pause menu. Not sure I remember the other games having this option.

Also, this list is going to be even harder that it seems right now, once they add in Bloody Palace (unless it doesn't get trophies).

DmC Reboot had that option and yes it reduces your point if you restart from checkpoint.

18 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Worthy of Legend
Clear all missions with S rank on all difficulties except Heaven or Hell.

This trophy will, quite literally, separate the casuals from the men. Can't wait for the challenge!

Wow so you're litterally saying that all other trophies like completing the game in all difficulties are for casuals? Obviously you're deluded. Get down to earth so you can see some men.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, DancingCloud said:

Wow so you're litterally saying that all other trophies like completing the game in all difficulties are for casuals? Obviously you're deluded. Get down to earth so you can see some men.

He is saying thats the hardest trophy... Beating the game won't be a problem for the majority but getting an S will.

6 hours ago, Eraezr said:

The absence of the Bloody Palace-esque trophies makes this slightly easier than DMC4:SE's trophy run. Heaven of Hell run is can be a bit flukey - not too bad. Itsuno-san said on Twitter that getting S-rank is a challenge, but not as hard as DMC4:SE's steep requirements.

Still a challenging trophy list.

There will probably be DLC trophies with the Bloody Palace update, unless they do it like the DmC reboot (original release) where it had no DLC trophies for BP.

27 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Perhaps little to early to state among top hardest platinums? 

Yep totally agree with you in my opinion i would give it 8.5/10

you will play all the difficulty by the time you will gain a lot of experience in the game this will make getting S rank easier

maybe it is 10/10 for the new comers as for those how play it before they know what to expect from the game

4 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Yep totally agree with you in my opinion i would give it 8.5/10

you will play all the difficulty by the time you will gain a lot of experience in the game this will make getting S rank easier

maybe it is 10/10 for the new comers as for those how play it before they know what to expect from the game

"In your opinion"? You never even played the game yet.

Someone who actually has played it for awhile is giving it a 10.

This is a 10 from what I've been reading.

• Like 3

Having played all the Devil May Cry games numerous times and on both XBox and PS3/4, when I first saw the trophy list for this game a few weeks ago, I have been consistently telling my friends I expect this to be one of the hardest Platinums of this genre yet. I think it would probably be fair to say that taking out the S ranks on Hell and Hell mode, the game would be a bit easier, probably more in line with Devil May Cry 4 as that had similar trophy requirements for the S Ranks on all difficultys, but the S ranks on the aforementioned Hell and Hell will be brutal for sure. I guess with a tonne of dedication, the S Ranks will be doable, but the proof will come from practicing and completing Son of Sparda with no damage to get a feel for how bad it's going to be! If it comes down to just pure survival play and making sure to learn the game like the back of your hand, the level bonuses would take the S Ranks for combat style out of the equation. This is all of course my own opinion I'm not commented on anyone else's.? I'm looking forward to the challenge and best of luck for everyone else going for the Platinum! 

• Like 1

Right now I would say it's a 9/10 - 10/10

Some of the bosses are just really, really difficult to avoid damage from and given most levels have a boss, you're gonna have to get all the way to the boss without getting hit by the higher tier enemies that spawn in hell and hell. If you get hit you'll use a continue and void the S rank.

19 hours ago, DancingCloud said:

A bunch of people did it for DmC Devil May Cry. Took just as many playthroughs. Game is dog shit easy by comparison but a casual can easily beat that game 5+ times without breaking a sweat.

Don't take the word casual too seriously. I'm not a 80%+ completionist. Not something I strive to be.

I care about having fun with games more than worrying about 100%ing everything I touch.