Devil May Cry 5 Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

That Powerpyx guide only says you have to not get hit and not die for the 2.2x multiplier so that you can S-rank doing shit D-tier combos. I wonder how important those multipliers are when playing the game correctly.

I remember that in DMC4 while playing on DMD I could get hit a lot (almost dying) and I would still get an S-rank

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

He not look hard, have the game today i can start directly :)

@AndresLionHeart : 

That Powerpyx guide only says you have to not get hit and not die for the 2.2x multiplier so that you can S-rank doing shit D-tier combos. I wonder how important those multipliers are when playing the game correctly.

I remember that in DMC4 while playing on DMD I could get hit a lot (almost dying) and I would still get an S-rank

Powerpyx Say SF V is hard too, so for collectable not problem but for difficulty is not a refference in my opinion

Edited by EdgeHosenka

The trophies on this game look interesting.  It's definitely not something I can plat, though.  My real concern is that the game has micro transactions.  I watched one review that praised the game and stated that their presence has no affect on game play, but it was a review copy they had, not retail.  As such, I'll wait until I hear from gamers who are playing the retail version comment on it.

2 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

The trophies on this game look interesting.  It's definitely not something I can plat, though.  My real concern is that the game has micro transactions.  I watched one review that praised the game and stated that their presence has no affect on game play, but it was a review copy they had, not retail.  As such, I'll wait until I hear from gamers who are playing the retail version comment on it.

You can buy blue skulls and red orbs. 4 blue skulls = one more hp bar. You can find 14, all ingame and buying more after finding all ingame will do nothing. So buying blue skulls is just for people who won't bother finding them ingame.  100k red orbs sells for 2bucks. I get around 30k per mission and im awful at the game. Plus you can get 5 million per hour in game via farming. So the MTX are utterly useless in this game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EdgeHosenka said:

Powerpyx Say SF V is hard too, so for collectable not problem but for difficulty is not a refference in my opinion

Have you tried getting SF5 platinum at the release? It was stupidly hard, I can tell you since I was the first one to get the plat. You had only survival to grind Fight Money and had to finish it with almost the entire cast on hard and hell. Back then there were no other ways to grind for fight money - no trials, no story mode, no weekly mission, NOTHING. Oh and you couldn't use a continue in survival. Enough reason why the plat was hard back then?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Have you tried getting SF5 platinum at the release? It was stupidly hard, I can tell you since I was the first one to get the plat. You had only survival to grind Fight Money and had to finish it with almost the entire cast on hard and hell. Back then there were no other ways to grind for fight money - no trials, no story mode, no weekly mission, NOTHING. Oh and you couldn't use a continue in survival. Enough reason why the plat was hard back then

I talk about a GamePlay of SF V not for trophy, the timing of combo is insanly easy....

Hey guys it's been a while since I participated in these conversations. I played the pc version where my friend unlocked hell and hell. Its challenging as hell. But couple things. 

For Nero unlock his triple charge on his gun to deal massive damage. Ragtime devil breaker is super useful. Take your time with each battle till you can use devil trigger. If you can get the no hit bonus you are guaranteed the S. Even with shit combos. 

For V make sure you dodge a lot. And try to fill up that devil trigger for nightmare. Not much else to say.

For Dante this is a problem. Because unlike Nero you can't grab enemies. If you are a god then you can royal guard out of anything but being mortal like myself I don't have it in me to do that perfect in a whole level. Don't have the reaction times I had when dmc3 came out. Other than that try to build up devil trigger gauge so you can use it in sin devil trigger form. After that hold triangle to do the spear charge move. Usually clears the room. Long time for each battle but atleast it's safe.

Take frequent breaks. This will be the last trophy i go for. Just a bit consumed with college and YouTube atm so this might be a slow platinum For me but I'm definitely going for it haha

Cheers

Edited by rubhen925

1 hour ago, rubhen925 said:

Hey guys it's been a while since I participated in these conversations. I played the pc version where my friend unlocked hell and hell. Its challenging as hell. But couple things. 

For Nero unlock his triple charge on his gun to deal massive damage. Ragtime devil breaker is super useful. Take your time with each battle till you can use devil trigger. If you can get the no hit bonus you are guaranteed the S. Even with shit combos. 

For V make sure you dodge a lot. And try to fill up that devil trigger for nightmare. Not much else to say.

For Dante this is a problem. Because unlike Nero you can't grab enemies. If you are a god then you can royal guard out of anything but being mortal like myself I don't have it in me to do that perfect in a whole level. Don't have the reaction times I had when dmc3 came out. Other than that try to build up devil trigger gauge so you can use it in sin devil trigger form. After that hold triangle to do the spear charge move. Usually clears the room. Long time for each battle but atleast it's safe.

Take frequent breaks. This will be the last trophy i go for. Just a bit consumed with college and YouTube atm so this might be a slow platinum For me but I'm definitely going for it haha

Cheers

Hi mate you upload you guide for hell and hell run for S ranking? Thx 

@EdgeHosenka Combos =/= you're good in fighting games.  SFV can definitely be rated high back then @SnowNinjaRaccoon explained why it was so.  It's definitely a little easier now, but the grind is longer because folks aren't rewarded as much fight money.  Anyway, for the DMC vets, how does this one compare to the other ones as far as achieving S ranks and stuff?  I'm waiting for the game to download, as I type this.  

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

@EdgeHosenka Combos =/= you're good in fighting games.  SFV can definitely be rated high back then @SnowNinjaRaccoon explained why it was so.  It's definitely a little easier now, but the grind is longer because folks aren't rewarded as much fight money.  Anyway, for the DMC vets, how does this one compare to the other ones as far as achieving S ranks and stuff?  I'm waiting for the game to download, as I type this.  

of course is hardest game, just i have personal problem with the 10/10 for me you can give this note only game need to beat a world record like Lost planet 2, so Crypt of necrodanser probably the hardest platinium actually is a 9,9/10 for ( or godlike/10 ) maybe DMC 5 is 9,6/10 Like dlc of NGS 3

I finish the trophy of Street Fighter IV and i com seriously on Devil may cry V :)

Edited by EdgeHosenka

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

One hint for who is attempting the Hell and Hell, I noticed this happening : same as in DMC4,enemies that aren't on your screen won't attack you. At least i noticed they aren't really eager to jump on me. 

Can other players confirm this? 

I noticed this as well. They will walk back on screen but they never attacked.

3 minutes ago, EdgeHosenka said:

of course is hardest game, just i have personal problem with the 10/10 for me you can give this note only game need to beat a world record like Lost planet 2, so Crypt of necrodanser probably the hardest platinium actually is a 9,9/10 for ( or godlike/10 ) maybe DMC 5 is 9,6/10 Like dlc of NGS 3

9.6? You may as well put a 10 or 9.5. A 10 isn't exclusive to just lost planet, there's countless 10s out there and currently this could be one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

I noticed this as well. They will walk back on screen but they never attacked.

9.6? You may as well put a 10 or 9.5. A 10 isn't exclusive to just lost planet, there's countless 10s out there and currently this could be one. 

is only my opinion, i can understand other people don't think same

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

Im not sure if its me as I played a lot of 4 but S ranks are really forgiving compared to others. I only need 9 missions on DH as most are because im running around looking for orbs. HaH will definitely be a pain though as a lot of bosses are faster and more frantic than 4. 

Have fun :D 

I just started playing today and it seems the S rank requirements are pretty lenient.

I just finished Mission 02 in which I actually died to the boss like a complete moron. I'm not a pussy so I restarted from the checkpoint, beat the boss and still got an S rank. My per area ranks were S, A and A. This makes me believe that if you beat the mission in Hell and Hell while doing decent combos you should get the S rank, even if all 3 golden orbs are used.

S Ranks do seem pretty lenient this time around. You aren't marked off for time or not finding enough red orbs, but I do think you get a bit extra to your score for beating a level quick enough and getting enough red orbs. You're shown a list of all these things that you did that help boost your score but as far as I know there isn't a way to read what they actually mean. Some are self-explanatory like "Max Vitality Victory" or "Consistent Style", but then there are others like "Veggie Roast" or "Get Wet" that I have no idea what they mean.

But yeah, it seems the best way to get S Ranks at least on difficulties below Hell and Hell is making sure you don't die or use Gold Orbs and to try and get your combos up to A to SSS as best you can. V is the easiest to play as but from my experience I've gotten more consistent S Rank combos with Nero more because of the arms and using level 3 Exceed for big groups of enemies.

DMD is insane! They buff the enemies so much, the first Empusa queen in the prologue took me a long time to finish and I've been playing these games since the first one. It's going to take some time to come up with strategies on how to style certain enemies. Like the super fast demon Fury, how are you supposed to combo that guy when all I ever hit is it's after image.

52 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

DMD is insane! They buff the enemies so much, the first Empusa queen in the prologue took me a long time to finish and I've been playing these games since the first one. It's going to take some time to come up with strategies on how to style certain enemies. Like the super fast demon Fury, how are you supposed to combo that guy when all I ever hit is it's after image.

kalina ann when it does it's teleport slash. it stuns it on the ground. Go do some combos.

2 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Im not sure if its me as I played a lot of 4 but S ranks are really forgiving compared to others. I only need 9 missions on DH as most are because im running around looking for orbs. HaH will definitely be a pain though as a lot of bosses are faster and more frantic than 4. 

Have fun :D 

Well, I haven't played DMC since 4 first came out.  I got good enough to get S rank on everything in all other games eventually.  So, I think I can hold my own.  Just gotta get good

4 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

kalina ann when it does it's teleport slash. it stuns it on the ground. Go do some combos.

Which kalina ann, what attack to use, when to use it, and what about the other 2 characters? Can't wait until they put 3 of those things at the same time in bloody palace  set to DMD difficulty lol