Devil May Cry 5 Review Megathread

Valyrious

@Valyrious, you opened up a great thread here man and compiled things from the sources like a professional journalist ?

But I recommend you (if you want) to add gamespot, gamesradar and hardcoregamer results too if they are released which are more respectable than some of these sources.. 

I am not DMC fan but I am happy with the results and a precious addition to an already precious series.. 

It seems Capcom is the most consistent and dependable company in recent years with Monster Hunter World, Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition, Resident Evil 2 Remake and now this, which all are around 90, and they didnt ease their trophy lists unlike almost any company! 

Edited by Darpiom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darpiom said:

@Valyrious, you opened up a great thread here men and compile things from the sources like a professional journalist 1f44d.png

But I recommend you (if you want) to add gamespot, gamesradar and hardcoregamer results too if they are released which are more respectable than some of these sources.. 

I am not DMC fan but I am happy with the results and a precious addition to an already precious series.. 

It seems Capcom is the most consistent and dependable company in recent years with Monster Hunter World, Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition, Resident Evil 2 Remake and now this, which are all around 90, and they didnt ease their trophy lists unlike almost any company! 

Sage advice, I'll get to it. I totally forgot about Gamespot.

Also, I urge people to avoid reading some of the reviews. Some people definitely have spoilers.

Glad to see DMC 5 is doing good. ^^

Still need to go through 3 and 4 and that other funny-titled reboot, how was it called again? Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry, lol right? xD All kidding aside, great series. It's a shame I haven't invested the time it deserves.

Edited by Honor_Hand

Done some playthroughs as well and also liked it a lot. The combat is SUUUUPER deep. There are still a lot of things Nero can do and I don't know about due to his Devil Breakers.

Not a DMC pro but this game is awesome.

And once again I am happy to see my favorite video game company Capcom getting their shit done right. Their recent games were all amazing - RE7, Monster Hunter World, SF5 Arcade Edition (we ignore the vanila SF5 lol), MegaMan 11, RE2 Remake, DMC5.... good job Capcom.

If only Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite wasn't bad the streak would have been amazing :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

(we ignore the vanila SF5 lol)

People also forget that Capcom added in-game advertisements to SF5 after arcade edition, which can be turned off, but you earn less in-game currency that way. It doesn't bother me (I don't have the game, how could it?), but I've heard this bothered some as it just makes some of the stages look silly with big flashy logos everywhere.

But I think Capcom is a great game company, and I am glad to see that they are producing high quality games. DMC5 just got onto my radar.  

1 hour ago, Darpiom said:

@Valyrious, you opened up a great thread here man and compiled things from the sources like a professional journalist 1f44d.png

It seems Capcom is the most consistent and dependable company in recent years with Monster Hunter World, Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition, Resident Evil 2 Remake and now this, which all are around 90, and they didnt ease their trophy lists unlike almost any company! 

Don't forget MegaMan 11.

48 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Looks great, might end up buying it on sale later.... But wanna see the Trophy guide first, 7+/10 up and it's a no from me tho. 

I guess you can expect at least a 7 or above for the plat, alone for the trophies for clearing the game on hell and hell / S rank on all missions on all difficulties.

If you are referring to trophies in general, it can be even worse when they release the  bloody palace dlc. Thinking about the trophies like killing Dante without being hit on Stage 100 was a nightmare..

Additionally it might become pretty time consuming for a game of this genre with at least 6 playtroughs in general with S rank clean up afterwards.

Edited by Blackbird4769

30 minutes ago, Blackbird4769 said:

I guess you can expect at least a 7 or above for the plat, alone for the trophies for clearing the game on hell and hell / S rank on all missions on all difficulties.

If you are referring to trophies in general, it can be even worse when they release the  bloody palace dlc. Thinking about the trophies like killing Dante without being hit on Stage 100 was a nightmare..

Additionally it might become pretty time consuming for a game of this genre with at least 6 playtroughs in general with S rank clean up afterwards.

Nvm then.... ?

2 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I never care much about reviews, most are paid and if its a triple A game it'll always be a high score. If I do want a review I prefer watching people on YouTube and hearing others thoughts on it who aren't a fan since it won't be biased that way. 

Don't you think if devs could just pay for great reviews every single one of them would and every game would be rated 9/10? i never understood where people got this idea from. 

As for all the great reviews, I'm glad and can't wait to get my hands on it. The platinum will be challenging too so that's always a plus for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

I do have to agree with the game not having a dedicated dodge button being fairly annoying. It's one of the things I actually struggled with/disliked the most in DMC 4.

However, after trying the DMC V demo, I found the dodge button you have available to you when locking on to enemies to suffice in accomplishing in what I want it to do. Needless to say, I felt I was more of a "Master in control" in DMC V's demo than I did through a whole playthrough of DMC 4. 

It's a really good feeling when a critic for a website that I didn't cover asks me to include their review synapse. Seems like everybody wants in on this party.

4 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I do have to agree with the game not having a dedicated dodge button being fairly annoying. It's one of the things I actually struggled with/disliked the most in DMC 4.

However, after trying the DMC V demo, I found the dodge button you have available to you when locking on to enemies to suffice in accomplishing in what I want it to do. Needless to say, I felt I was more of a "Master in control" in DMC V's demo than I did through a whole playthrough of DMC 4. 

There wasn't a dedicated dodge button in any of the other games. If anything, you'd be catering to the newbies a little too much and would offend the fans that have been there from the beginning by putting a dodge button. Besides, like you said, there has ALWAYS been a mechanic in place to dodge or to block attacks. Dante's royal guard is a little more difficult, but highly rewarding once you nail the timing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shinobi said:

Jumping is your dedicated dodge button.