Devil May Cry 5 Review Megathread

Valyrious

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

It's a really good feeling when a critic for a website that I didn't cover asks me to include their review synapse. Seems like everybody wants in on this party.

There wasn't a dedicated dodge button in any of the other games. If anything, you'd be catering to the newbies a little too much and would offend the fans that have been there from the beginning by putting a dodge button. Besides, like you said, there has ALWAYS been a mechanic in place to dodge or to block attacks. Dante's royal guard is a little more difficult, but highly rewarding once you nail the timing.

I agree with what your saying. I just know as someone with not a lot of DMC experience that not having a dedicated dodge button in the game could make the game seem more daunting.

BUT I don't want that to change. I'm personally willing to put the work in to improve in DMC's combat style. And like you mentioned, This combat system has been in place from the beginning, so changing it would be mostly unwanted.

12 minutes ago, acookieman said:

Jumping is your dedicated dodge button.

Pretty much. Not your traditional dodge button but it get the job done I suppose.

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 1