Trophy Thoughts

Maxie_M0us3

Finally, this fantastic game arrives on the PS4! What are your thoughts on the trophy list?

I'm personally excited to get my hands on this game the March 12, I've been waited for it on the PS4 for soooo long! :D While Steam achievements' images are presents as expected, they have been shrinked down to the corner and pasted on in-game images. I wish there were those icons only though. The game looks challenging, especially the No Alert, No Damage and No Recover Health runs! ? It may take 2-3 playthroughs to platinum it! ?

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

It's a great game, Been playing it for 2 hours or so now.

The frames per second aren't that great tbh. hoping a patch will fix that.

Trophies are very though. Especially the no-death & not getting caught by a guard trophy. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

How difficult is it to platinum the game?

How long does it take?

Thanks.

Due to the manual quick save spots at every few seconds, it makes every missable trophies easy. You alerted the rats? Load quick save. Got hit by an enemy? Load quick save. I’d say it takes about 20 hours or less in a single playthrough. Remember, I did a second run because I ate food to regain health, which was forbidden for a trophy.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Due to the manual quick save spots at every few seconds, it makes every missable trophies easy. You alerted the rats? Load quick save. Got hit by an enemy? Load quick save. I’d say it takes about 20 hours or less in a single playthrough. Remember, I did a second run because I ate food to regain health, which was forbidden for a trophy.

Thanks. This game looks like a breath of fresh air to me, so I'll be looking forward to purchasing it when it's on sale. :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Spent 24 hours on this platinum in the end, since I was forced to do a second playthrough for "Dodgy Mouse," which didn't unlock for some reason. Fortunately, rushing through the story missions doesn't take terribly long when you're already familiar with the map and item locations, or I would've been quite upset. Much as I dislike following lengthy video guides, I would honestly recommend watching an efficient one from the very beginning, if you don't want to waste tons of time getting your bearings like I did. This platinum could be earned in under ten hours, I'm sure. Because "Dodgy Mouse" seems to be finicky, and the final battle is horrendous compared to the rest of the game, I guess I'll give it 4/10 for difficulty. I'd advise saving in every hiding spot you come across, since it's so easy to screw something up, not to mention the instability. In my case, it crashed twice, and I somehow clipped through the ground at the Shore area at one point.

Perhaps including "damage taken" in your statistics menu would've been prudent, if you insist on having a no damage trophy, developers? From what I could tell, the only health drain I suffered during my initial playthrough was dealt by poisonous mushrooms in the Sewers, which isn't supposed to invalidate the trophy, yet it didn't unlock. I even replayed the finale perfectly, without success. I suppose it's possible that a leech snuck in a hit on me while I was blinded by the purple spore clouds, but that sure didn't appear to be the case. Also had a worm pop up and miss their attack in the Catacombs, which shouldn't have counted against me, but lacking proper tracking in the stats, it's impossible to know.

Disgruntled, I immediately sped through the story a second time, avoiding damage from any and all sources—absolutely no poison, falling, trap, thorn bush, bomb, or enemy damage whatsoever, and the trophy finally popped. By quickly picking the mushrooms, they actually don't have time to hurt you, nor did I aggro the leeches on this attempt. There's no obligation to mess with the alchemist's toxic still, either; I just stood back and allowed the quest to fail for safety. Thankfully, bombs can be detonated from afar via thrown items, although the auto-targeting is rather unreliable. Furthermore, I didn't even let an enemy begin an attack animation against me, reloading whether or not it connected.

If you wish to prevent this problem and platinum the game in a single run, I strongly suggest playing with extreme caution, and loading your last save if there's ever a minuscule chance you were "hit" in some manner, regardless of what the health meter may indicate. I definitely won't miss plodding around in that painfully slow guard armor disguise to complete fetch quests, that's for certain. At least the main story is brief, once you know the environment well.

I too took poison damage in a very similar place (the only there was visible damage to my HP bar) and that also invalidated my Dodgy Mouse trophy. It's the room where you come down the stairs around the edge of the room and there is a worm swimming in a circle around a pillar, then you enter the small tunnel with the poison mushroom and another worm patrolling a long, straight path. So either some of the mushrooms are misclassified as enemy damage or the swimming worm also snuck up on me and bit my heels while I was taking poison damage.

Edited by Guardian_owl