kanzenchaos

Trophy boosting questions

19 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about doing this game's online trophies lately. How many players are required for boosting? And how much time would that take?

Thanks!

4 is mininum i think. not 100% sure since some of the modes is team and with team you need 2 on each side.

For certain trophies you need people, besides those, I ended up doing private matches by myself while breaking salvage crates and doing minimal tasks like shooting barrels to gain XP. I liked being able to do it more on my own terms. It still takes a long while either way.

Edited by dottyduke1

4 for the ranked, 3 trophies require 3 people the rest just need 2, lvl 60 grind you can do alone.

The level grind took about 6-8 hours on the private rescue mode.

If you can make the most of the rescue mode. Getting a good amount of long carries(500pts) you can get on the low 30,000pts - 39,000pts or more per game. 45-60 matches. 

The rest you will need

-4 to start the ranked matches for plays and wins.

-3 for the revive teammate and kill 2 with explosives 

-Turret and melee kills can be done with just 2 but it will go a bit faster if you do it while your with the 3 or 4 people. 

- Escapist and Monkey around can be done solo with your own explosives and by standing next to fire till your heart starts beating and than using the rope ascended.

Quick and easy stuff.

4 hours ago, Ronin893 said:

If you can make the most of the rescue mode. Getting a good amount of long carries(500pts) you can get on the low 30,000pts - 39,000pts or more per game. 45-60 matches. 

The rest you will need

-4 to start the ranked matches for plays and wins.

-3 for the revive teammate and kill 2 with explosives 

-Turret and melee kills can be done with just 2 but it will go a bit faster if you do it while your with the 3 or 4 people. 

- Escapist and Monkey around can be done solo with your own explosives and by standing next to fire till your heart starts beating and than using the rope ascended.

Quick and easy stuff.

Thanks for the detailed answer! It'll be really useful.

I just did Escapist and Monkey Around solo, so that still works easily enough.  Sadly some of the others require a lot of luck, like 2 kills with 1 grenade, which is extremely hard with games barely comprising 4 total people.  The ranked wins are basically impossible without boosting.  If anyone is still looking to do these trophies, I created a boosting session.

For level 60 I reccomend to boost with another person. If you get a group of 4 you can nicely slit into 2 groups of 2. The method is: meet. blow up each other with grenade launcher, repeat. The map was underground base or something like that with a submarine in the middle. Both need to be survivors so I think gamemode was deathmatch. Beware of the app crashes. I had 2 on singleplayer (both when I got the trophy for upgrading weapons and all abilities) and 6 during multiplayer matches so you don't want the match to be too long. 5 or 10 min + the extra 5 min from the self destruct button on the submarine at most.

3 hours ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

Is this for the PS4 version? Feel free to message me on PSN when you get started. 

Yes! I'll be playing the PS4 version. If you can, join the discord link (it is set to never expire).

3 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

For level 60 I reccomend to boost with another person. If you get a group of 4 you can nicely slit into 2 groups of 2. The method is: meet. blow up each other with grenade launcher, repeat. The map was underground base or something like that with a submarine in the middle. Both need to be survivors so I think gamemode was deathmatch. Beware of the app crashes. I had 2 on singleplayer (both when I got the trophy for upgrading weapons and all abilities) and 6 during multiplayer matches so you don't want the match to be too long. 5 or 10 min + the extra 5 min from the self destruct button on the submarine at most.

Thanks for the tip! I heard level grinding solo takes alot of time.

Edited by kanzenchaos

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

Thanks for the tip! I heard level grinding solo takes alot of time.

Yes, solo boosting to level 60 takes its time, really. I made it after I joined a boosting session for other online trophies on PS3. At the session I went up from around level 24 to 27. And after that I only boosted rescue solo. Totally boring yes, but I only made 1 or 2 level ups at a time. So it took longer, but in the end I got the trophy and shortly after that, the platinum.

Especially in higher levels it takes more time to level up. 20-30 times bringing the medicine home until a new level was reached (or even more, can't remember clearly).

Edited by Kirilianov

I was about to start this game and after reading I understand the leveling up in multiplayer can be done solo (which is better for me if I'm honest) but I was wondering if the purchasing of multiplayer characters can be done solo (in multiplayer I mean)?

2 hours ago, zastecal said:

I was about to start this game and after reading I understand the leveling up in multiplayer can be done solo (which is better for me if I'm honest) but I was wondering if the purchasing of multiplayer characters can be done solo (in multiplayer I mean)?

Yeah you can actually do the leveling up, buying upgrades/characters and other 2 trophies (Escapist and Monkey Around) by yourself.

16 hours ago, zastecal said:

13 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Yeah you can actually do the leveling up, buying upgrades/characters and other 2 trophies (Escapist and Monkey Around) by yourself.

I'm speaking here as one who played the game on PS3, and I have to say, when it comes to the Upgrade/Characters trophy, something weird happened to me. I don't know if this can happen on PS4 as well.

I was on my way to get the platinum trophy. Back in March this year, it was Wednesday. I reached level 60 and got the True Commitment trophy, NICE! Just after that, I wanted to get the Shopaholic trophy. It says buy every upgrade and character, except for that General character. I had enough salvage to buy everything (The General not needed). I was a true shopaholic, lol, and after all characters and upgrades were unlocked, I didn't get the trophy. I had to stop there because I didn't had more time.

A few days later, it was Sunday, I wanted to check it out again, why I didn't get the Shopaholic trophy. Went online with the PS3, fired the disc into the console and while the game was loading to the main menu screen, out of nowhere, the Shopaholic trophy popped. Very weird!:blink:

On that same day, I finally completed everything for the :platinum: !

1 hour ago, Kirilianov said:

I'm speaking here as one who played the game on PS3, and I have to say, when it comes to the Upgrade/Characters trophy, something weird happened to me. I don't know if this can happen on PS4 as well.

I was on my way to get the platinum trophy. Back in March this year, it was Wednesday. I reached level 60 and got the True Commitment trophy, NICE! Just after that, I wanted to get the Shopaholic trophy. It says buy every upgrade and character, except for that General character. I had enough salvage to buy everything (The General not needed). I was a true shopaholic, lol, and after all characters and upgrades were unlocked, I didn't get the trophy. I had to stop there because I didn't had more time.

A few days later, it was Sunday, I wanted to check it out again, why I didn't get the Shopaholic trophy. Went online with the PS3, fired the disc into the console and while the game was loading to the main menu screen, out of nowhere, the Shopaholic trophy popped. Very weird!:blink:

On that same day, I finally completed everything for the :platinum: !

That's nice to know, thanks!

16 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Oh okay, great. Thank you!

As someone who just did this game a couple months ago (and already posted in this thread, lol), I wanted to comment on a couple things.

To the guy who popped Shopaholic when loading MP, that's a known bug.  If you buy all the characters except General, exit the game and then reload into MP it pops.  Saves you from having to buy every upgrade.

As for level boosting, I remember the Underground Grenade Launcher method from when I did this on PS3 and tried it on PS4.  There are numerous problems with this method.  For starters, you need a friend.  This might be easy for some, but not for others.  The problem I ran into on PS4 is the game kept crashing.  Over and over and over again.  Because of this, doing 20 min Underground runs with a partner, which theoretically should yield more XP, was in reality much slower than doing solo runs.  When we got a full 20 min match in without the game crashing for one of us, we were getting about 70k XP each per run, sometimes a little more.  But the risk of crashing was exponentially worse as there were 2 of us, and if one crashed, the boost came to a screeching halt, and doing 20 min runs compared to 10 min solo runs doubled the risk as well.  Doing 10 min solo underground runs usually netted about 32k XP, I rarely crashed (and when I did, I lost less time and XP than when boosting with a partner), and I didn't need to wait for someone else, coordinate times to do it, etc...

Here's a vid I made of myself doing it solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKo4digXrHs

I actually modified my method a bit after this video and focused on doing only 1 long carry and 1-2 medium carries per pickup.  This ended up saving me even more time and only cost me about 1k XP per run, so in the long-run I came out ahead.

So solo runs getting 32-33k per 10 mins or duo runs getting 35k XP per 10 mins (70k in 20 min runs), the choice is yours.  But for me, due to the nature of how often this game crashes, solo runs were safer and basically equal on X gain and required no one else, so I could do them whenever I wanted for however long I wanted to do them.

Edited by Matto_lsi
typo

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the level 60 grind. I still haven't done it so it'll be really useful!