FF9 Another Man's Treasure question

blazinghelldash

Hello,

I am currently hunting for [Frog Wrangler] and I am letting the frogs respawn while waiting, but I heard from my friend that doing the Chocobo Treasure hunts (in Chocobo Forest, Lagoon and Air locations) were counted to the treasure counter and I also heard that you can purchase items from the Auction to increase the Treasure counter for [Another Man's Treasure]

Does Chocobo locations count towards the [Another Man's Treasure]?

and

Is the Auction house in the same situation?

Thank you for reading,

Blazinghelldash

Yes they both count. That is the chests you can find when getting a chocograph, dead pepper and bubble locations. Other items you find during the chocobo minigame don’t count. I suggest to follow this guide https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/41181 if you don’t want to miss out on this trophy as it is missable. I missed it on my first playthrough too.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

Ah I see, that does solve my question about the Chocobo Forest and such those locations

and also Some(?) items are counting to the trophy through the auction house so I might try that but I'm only at Rank B so far with the Chocobo collectibles done already

Thank you for the help!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

Ah I see, that does solve my question about the Chocobo Forest and such those locations

and also Some(?) items are counting to the trophy through the auction house so I might try that but I'm only at Rank B so far with the Chocobo collectibles done already

Thank you for the help!

And for further clarification, items you receive from NPCs count as well, so make sure you talk to people or earn rewards from them (when applicable).

Unfortunately though, earning Tetra Master cards do not count.