CapitanoEstebano

Using A PSN Code

6 posts in this topic

Okay just a quick question, I recently got given a £20 voucher for my local Game store and so I decided just to pick up a £20 Playstation Store card as the store has better deals and sales than the actual shop. If I use this £20 on the playstation store on my Playstation 4 console, will it also appear on my Playstation 3 console? I’m interested in buying multiple games/dlc’s across both systems. This might seem like a dumb question but I’ve never used one of the vouchers

It appears on the Store, not in the actual console, so yeah.

The money is tied to your account, not your console. Whenever you access the Store, your money will be there regardless of the console you are using.

Posted (edited)

Like the above people mentioned the money is tied to your PSN account so you can use it to buy whatever game you want from the PS Store. You can even buy the game/DLC using your phone or PC browser by visiting the ps store page which I considered much easier than using the mess that is the PS3 store.

Link to the store: https://store.playstation.com

Also, the money can only be used on an account of the same region as the store card. What I mean is if you buy a USA PS Store card with $20 (for example) you can only use that money on a USA PSN account, if you try to use it on a UK PSN account it won't accept since it's from a different region.

Edited by TugaSonic

Money cards now usually only work in the country where they are intended to.They have a country flag and they very seldom work outside that country. If you have a money card with a UK flag they will only work in a UK account, if they have a irish flag on a irish account, if they have a german flag in a german account.  This is also now true for add-ons like Gran Turismo and GTA  points.

Codes for games and DLC usually work within a region. If they give stupid errors on a console try them on a web browser in a PC.

Thanks to everybody for getting back. It seemed like a dumb question to ask but I just wanted to make sure, cheers