Shieldbreaker DLC character

lurch_9944

I don't have the character personally, but my feeling is that more characters just adds more RNG to the proceedings. While I know that you need to use different classes for trophies, there are clearly favorites and duds. I want accessories for the favorites, and don't really want stuff for the duds. Even if Shieldbreaker is great, that just means more possible character classes, with more possible accessories, and less chance to get what I want.

She is very useful for the Farmstead quests. Having 2 of them on the front ranks spamming impale will get you trough it easily with the right trinkets and quirks to control their speed (making sure they are always or 95% of the time where you want them to be). 2 shielbrakers, a vestal and a jester is the ultimate party for that place. Other than that, she is still very viable as a dps for any party, as long as you can deal with the position changes.

The shieldbreaker also has some unique "content" so it's not just a character you're paying for. Basically they have unique dream sequences that happen the first few times you rest in a dungeon with one in your party.

I mean it's not much... but then again the DLC is fairly inexpensive. Honestly not sure why they didn't just make it free.

3 minutes ago, lurch_9944 said:

the cost is what made me ask the question because there is another dlc character who is free, the extra content part probably explains it

There is? I thought the flagellant was Crimson Court only. The only other one I can think of is the musketeer, which is just a reskin of the arbalest that was originally available to KS backers. It's for all intents and purposes the same character though.

Edited by IDiivil

3 minutes ago, lurch_9944 said:

the cost is what made me ask the question because there is another dlc character who is free, the extra content part probably explains it

Just now, IDiivil said:

There is? I thought the flagellant was Crimson Court only. The only other one I can think of is the musketeer, which is just a reskin of the arbalest that was originally available to KS backers. It's for all intents and purposes the same character though.

I think the poster is talking about the musketeer.