Sony Reveals the Cost of PlayStation 4 Games

Aranea Highwind

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/playstation-4-games-will-cost-5999

If you were worried about PlayStation 4 games costing more than PlayStation 3 games, think again. Sony has confirmed to ShackNews that PS4 titles purchased at retail will cost $59.99.

However, there may be a caveat here, as the specific quote reads, “All four [launch/launch window] titles, Killzone: Shadow Fall, DriveClub, Knack, and Infamous: Second Son are all $59.99.” Is this designed to give Sony wiggle room later on? We’ll have to see.

This news comes on the heels of Microsoft’s confirmation that Xbox One games at retail will also cost the now-standard $59.99.

Late generation concern about next-gen pricing mostly arose because of the $10 jump in pricing from the PS2 era to the PS3 era, which also transcended the jump from Xbox to Xbox 360. So $60 games sound good. Indeed, $60 sounds especially good when considering that cartridge-based games during the SNES and Genesis era could cost as much as $100 at retail, depending on the size and makeup of the chips within those cartridges.

• Like 1

I'm glad they've confirmed the prices to be the same :) Sadly it appears Finnish retailers are almost all selling PS4 games at 70 euros (some more; some are selling for less) instead of the 60 euros that PS3 games were, so at least here it's gone up instead of staying the same xD For now, at least.

So wait is there only four titles at launch? As there is only one game out of those that I would actually buy and that's inFamous Second Son.

They were only listing their own titles. Those are also the 4 games that will likely be available the day the system comes out - it's not including games that may come out a few weeks later.

They were only listing their own titles. Those are also the 4 games that will likely be available the day the system comes out - it's not including games that may come out a few weeks later.

Well I guess inFamous will keep me busy for a while till a few new entertaining titles arrive.

Edited by CHAR MAN DUH