steelsammy

My Profile suddenly became private, not sure why

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just got my 40th platinum. Yay me! However, you can't see that because as I tried to update, my profile suddenly became private, and none of my trophies display at all. Any reason this may have happened? 

It's a known glitch on the site, it happened to me a few months back.

Just earn a new trophy and update your profile again, it should change your profile back from private to public.

1 hour ago, ResoluteRock said:

It's a known glitch on the site, it happened to me a few months back.

Just earn a new trophy and update your profile again, it should change your profile back from private to public.

What causes the glitch? because the same thing just happened to me, and I'm nowhere near that many plats

1 minute ago, pokeslob said:

What causes the glitch? because the same thing just happened to me, and I'm nowhere near that many plats

It doesn't matter how many platinum trophies you have; I had about 6 platinums when it happened IIRC.

I would imagine the cause of the glitch has something to do with an issue between PSNProfiles and Sony's servers communicating accurate trophy/account information for a user. Not sure if it's more on Sony's side or PSNP's side, but it's easily fixed. Maybe a mod has a better explanation but I'm not 300% sure what triggers it; it mostly seems randomized.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Maybe a mod has a better explanation but I'm not 300% sure what triggers it; it mostly seems randomized.

Ah darn, I thought I was special :( I'll try your suggestion and edit if it works out, thank you in advance. 

Update: That fixed it, thanks again!

Edited by steelsammy

19 minutes ago, steelsammy said:

Ah darn, I thought I was special :( I'll try your suggestion and edit if it works out, thank you in advance. 

it worked for me but now my trophy cab is gone like i mean GONE

Posted (edited)

Having the same issue; I went to update my profile earlier with some new trophies and it showed 0 and acted like it's private. Checked the troubleshooting guide and everything is already set up properly. So I went and got another trophy and synced it again, only for it to still be showing 0.

edit: syncing it again after getting a second trophy has fixed it ^^

Edited by Natakiro

Mine was doing it an hour or so ago. Sync'd and it's fixed again. Weird glitch.

4 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

It doesn't matter how many platinum trophies you have; I had about 6 platinums when it happened IIRC.

I would imagine the cause of the glitch has something to do with an issue between PSNProfiles and Sony's servers communicating accurate trophy/account information for a user. Not sure if it's more on Sony's side or PSNP's side, but it's easily fixed. Maybe a mod has a better explanation but I'm not 300% sure what triggers it; it mostly seems randomized.

Thanks for the info! I'm getting my copy of DMC5 later, hopefully I can get a trophy or two and try to fix it. 

Holy sweet jumping fuck! I'm so glad i'm not the only one with this problem lol. showed as 0 trophies on my profile WTF? Lol. 

Just earn another trophy and sync and it should show back up again. Hopefully Sly finds out what's causing it soon and fixes it (if not on Sony's end).

Sometimes the site has an issue with getting the trophies from PSN, then it might say you've got all hidden, even when you don't.