Recommend me a PS4 game with excellent narrative

dizayeure

8 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Dragon quest 11 characters are so loveable and the story never slows down after it gets going,  highly recommend it.

is it true main story is minimum 70hrs? that's why I have yet to pick it up again. I think maybe i put 2 or 3 hrs in. still only have 2 party members.

4 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

is it true main story is minimum 70hrs? that's why I have yet to pick it up again. I think maybe i put 2 or 3 hrs in. still only have 2 party members.

Depends on what setting your playing on like harder enemies, etc.  I played without any modifiers and I think the main story was about 55-60 then like 10 or so hours to clean up the plat.   The first act is a little slow at the beginning but it starts to get good and then stuff gets really good in act 2.

• Like 1

Horizon Zero Dawn - I love how at first you wonder how all the elements can fit together (Robotic dinosaurs with primitive tribespeople? And the racial diversity within the same small tribe?) but as the story unfolds it becomes clear that there is a reason for all of this. So many fun surprises. 

Tacoma - Short and sweet, but very narrative driven. You are sent to an abandoned space station to retrieve some things, but in the process you slowly unravel the mystery of what happened there. No combat, but also closer to "open world" style (albeit the world is just a small space station) than games like Telltale. 

Firewatch - Even people who don't like the ending seem to love the style of this game. Another short one. Also a bit of a mystery unfolding. I like how you get conversation choices that have some impact on the storyline but your choices will not change the core of the character you play. He is not a white knight and you can never play him as one, he is an imperfect person. (Your choices do not have large impacts on the story though, just small ones). The world is also beautiful, I had fun just exploring it. Gorgeous. 

Hellblade - I did enjoy this one. Definitely a fighting game, but a solid story that I really enjoyed. Recommend playing with headphones for maximum effect, especially since the game doesn't have a HUD but uses sound to orient you with your opponents in addition to using that sound to add depth to Senua and the game itself. 

Obduction - If you like Cyan studios and their Myst series you will enjoy this one. If you have never played a Cyan game it is basically a puzzle/riddle game where you unfold the story to solve the riddles. Just be prepared for some really long loading times when switching worlds, some of which needs to be done multiple times in short succession in order to solve certain puzzles. 

• Like 1

Well....

Until Dawn

Firewatch

Alien: Isolation

The Walking Dead

L.A. Noire

Life is Strange/Life is Strange: Before the Storm

What Remains of Edith Finch

Layers of Fear

Oxenfree

Horizon Zero Dawn

NieR: Automata

Assassin's Creed II

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

SOMA

Marvel's Spider-Man

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Depends on what setting your playing on like harder enemies, etc.  I played without any modifiers and I think the main story was about 55-60 then like 10 or so hours to clean up the plat.   The first act is a little slow at the beginning but it starts to get good and then stuff gets really good in act 2.

I'm on normal I think. i found it slow so far. just got E and went to the other town. i should play it again soon... I hope