PS3 Update 4.45

HeySumbode

So far it seems that the update problem only affects those who changed their harddrives and that those new HDD are bigger than 500 GBs.

-EDIT-

nvm what I said previously, seems like it affected people who never changed their hardrives and those who changed them but were lower than 500 GBs.

Edited by Ao_Iconoclast

it worked for me, but to be safe avoid it until more is known...

It is for the best to not update since I was surfing other forums to confirm that other users are being affected. I updated and nothing happened so I suggest being safe than sorry.

Thank you both for your opinions!

After reading the forum I posted earlier... I think it may be tied to people who have hard drives that are 500 GB or bigger.... Can anyone confirm this? I only have a 160 GB hard drive so.... I'm just speculating right now so can people confirm this? 

Edited by GamepartnersTV

Yes. I did it twice with no problems. (i was really scared also with all this happening)

I tried myself twice as well.... So I can safely assume that once the update is downloaded without incident, you can turn off the system and turn it on without problem.... Thank you to HeySumbode to helping.

Ouch that must suck

Not really, I don't really play online, ever.  It may sound weird, but I can't stand playing with random people over the internet who I've never met before.  Playing couch co-op is way better.  The only time I play anything online is when I play with friends from here and Backloggery.

Not really, I don't really play online, ever.  It may sound weird, but I can't stand playing with random people over the internet who I've never met before.  Playing couch co-op is way better.  The only time I play anything online is when I play with friends from here and Backloggery.

Oh, I take it back then

I didn't update but what will the people with problems do? Can they turn their PS3's on? That would be pretty shitty if they can't run the next update to fix it.

Select + Start (I believe) and then update via USB.

That's just my guess though.  It's how I updated after transferring hard drives.  This may be the same type of thing.

Edited by Sonic